1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump - Biden Debate Part Deaux...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No needles moved

Rocket River

s3ts likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The medical center generates income and jobs. Having a world class medical and research facility encourages R and D in those fields and attracts investment in those fields.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

none of the people saying this live in Houston or are in energy or the industries that support it.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

You kidding? I'm not partisan. I'm not the one arguing that Obama helped O&G, he mostly sat idly during the crash. No bailouts. You can google for how many oil companies filed for bankruptcy during the 2014 oil glut, it wasn't pretty.

What have the Republicans done to try to help O&G?
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...dustry-bailout-as-prices-plunge-idUSKCN2231Z6

I mean just google the ****.

5. dmoneybangbang

And it doesn't work so well on someone like Biden....

And Warren didn't lose the Democratic nomination twice in a row..... Bernie has gotten anything for standing up for his ideals..... Whoops. But hey, you got the overton window and such....

Biden debated Trump and supported raising the minimum wage and increasing taxes on the wealthy.....But whatevs.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

why is it a "oh ****". My friend is a doctor in Odessa and he tells me how sick and tired alot of his neighbors are of the boom and bust cycle. oil is unpredictable. Most workers and citizens just want a steady job and a paycheck. Its not a secret that oil isn't the future.

Grow up dude

HP3 likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Which team is Bob O'Brien coaching in this scenario?

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Not that surprising given how nobody here was going to budge anyhow.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I will say that most here know that I’m pretty up to speed with the latest in Trumpworld but holy god his central attack tonight was hard to make sense of. I have no idea what he was talking about.

Look... if the debate was to convince Daschuda and BigTexx to come out and vote because he can recite the latest 4chan conspiracy thread... yeah... Trump probably did well.

But if you are one of those last remaining “low information” voters in Wisconsin or Michigan or Florida and all you heard was something about Hunter Biden’s laptop... I don’t know how that serves Trump.

Biden did what he needed to do tonight, and didn’t melt down and took on Trump on nearly every issue, and most importantly he still made sure to again speak to the voters (even as Trump mocked him for it).

This was Trumps last big swing and boy... he needed a hell of a lot more than what he got out of his incoherent attempt at recreating Hillary’s emails. Only this time it’s Chelsea’s drug problem and a long list of blabbering plot points nobody cares about.

Trump has lost and his only hope is that the American electorate is as dumb as he hopes they are.

jiggyfly, Nook, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

Bro ... Totally agree.

Houston needs to be attractive to Tech companies, and they don't find Houston sexy at all. They're all looking at Dallas/Austin. Never Houston.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Sure you are. You can't acknowledge what Obama did to help the O&G sector.

A global oil supply glut is out of Obama's hand.... and as I proved below the GOP did nothing either.

So nothing...... That was in August and it's now late Oct.... What have the GOP President and GOP Senate done? Whoops.

You know what Obama didn't do.... start a trade war involving commodities.

IBTL likes this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Most of Pharma R&D is done in north east or west coast. Not much is done in the med center.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

....on federal land. Funny how your dishonest clip keeps cutting it off. Stick to the GARM and let Carl do D&D. Kay thanks.

Sooty likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

gonna have to bail out; not a football fan (i have no idea who that is)

15. dmoneybangbang

And yet Trump had to veto a bipartisan effort to end the US 's involvement in the Saudi-Yemen war.

Trump and Kush can't disappoint those valuable middle eastern business partners.

IBTL likes this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Looks like Biden's oil and gas statement might be intentional. PA has the highest chance of being the tipping state in a close election.

https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsb...-regulations-on-fracking/Content?oid=17925444

The poll, conducted from Aug. 13-19 among 801 registered voters in Pennsylvania, shows that 66% of voters support placing stronger regulations on oil and gas fracking, compared to 23% of voters that oppose

Even when asked if Pennsylvania should phase out all new oil and gas fracking permits on public lands and waters, voters gave their support 59% to 27%.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bro, Bernie's old ass is only out here because no one wanted to step up. He pleaded with Warren to run against Hillary and pragmatic Warren was hoping, pleading for Hilary to give her scraps. Instead she was embarrassed. Warren ran against Bernie and was beat again, because she was defeated doing silly stuff instead of fighting for what she believes in.

Even if you think Bernie hasn't gotten anything in his pursuit for a better America, but he hasn't lost his dignity like Warren has.. tough scene. Plus Bernie has inspired so many Progressives that will shape congress and the senate for years to come. whateves.

18. Handles

Handles Member

All this talk about rates... how about overall dollars? Of course the rich pay lower effective rates - their denominator is humongous! But don't the 1% pay more taxes than the bottom 90%? I don't think it's as bad as this article makes it sound. Why are the rich the enemy? I think we need to focus more on how our government is spending these dollars. Government needs to be more effective with what they have.

19. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

At this point, that's all you can really hang on to.

IBTL and Invisible Fan like this.
  20. adoo

adoo Member

more nuance is is order.

first of all Trump inherited a growing / healthy economy w > 70 consecutive months of job creation.

Obama inherited a bankrupt economy w a declining GDP. he fixed it, stabilized it and grew it. when he left office the GDP was growing about 2,5%.

up to the end of 2009, pre-COVID, the us economy under Trump grew ~~ 2.5% per year, no improvement from when Obama left office.
    but the deficit ballooned under trump, much worse then the Obama presidency

Invisible Fan and HP3 like this.