1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump - Biden Debate Part Deaux...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Oct 18, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He did say that a few times. He did say that Trump I did a lot of the stuff Obama Biden did.

Trump also said he undid a lot of stuff that the Obama Admin did

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden is old and looks old. He's gone from Uncle Joe to Grandpa Joe. But right now, people want a Grandpa and not Drama TV Trump.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can’t wait for the CNN sound byte this is when Trump became presidential. LOL.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are swing voters predisposed to anti-climste science or something? Anyways, like I said, Biden will win on turnout alone. He just needs to get enough young people to come out and poor black communties to come out and those people really don't have any affection for big oil.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought Biden got a bunch of really good hits in that landed.

6. dmoneybangbang

Most people agree with the bolded, but the devils in the details.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Perhaps the timing wasn't right - these debates are often about hitting a line at the right moment.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I dislike Trump personally, but I think he will win again. Biden seems senile and weak. Trump knows where to attack, portraying Biden as a career politician. Trump could have even gone further and could have pulled up some things from Biden's record, e.g. with regard to gay rights (on which he later reversed his stance).

The one thing Democrats completely underestimate is how many Trump supporters would not answer the current polls truthfully. He has a lot of silent supporters.

bigtexxx and ROXRAN like this.
  9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I don’t think either of them were going to pick up any new voters tonight. I think people should respect honesty and face the facts when it come to transitioning from oil. He also talked about the millions of good paying jobs that would be created.

AleksandarN likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This makes no sense.

Trump supporters are the most vocal about their politics. I live in Mass and I see way more Trump apperal and signs than Biden stuff.

DVauthrin, Jayzers_100 and tmoney1101 like this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's honestly a very low bar. Trump has never really wanted to make sense, he throws out a bunch of random facts in a convincing manner and that's what his base wants.

Biden on the other hand is not making sense because he fumbles over his script and rambles.

jboslett likes this.
  12. s3ts

s3ts Member

First of all, demand/production determines whether O&G is thriving or not. LNG export terminals on gulf coast or refinery upgrades whether they were approved or not, it had way less impact compared to the impact of Shale.

Also, nothing was said by anyone about the oil glut in late 2015, early 2016. Those were scary times, and I was wondering if someone was ever coming to bail out the industry. Never came, saw a lot of my colleagues getting X'd. Was not a fun time.

Do I blame it on the POTUS? No, but I'm not giving him any credit. I'm satisfied knowing he didn't try to kill the industry while he had the chance. We're past that era now.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

2016 election says hello

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Right? After being president for 4 years there's still some silent unknown trump contingent floating out there? Really?

Also, that contingent, if it exists at all, barely even registered in 2016. If they are out there they need to basicaly quintuple in size and massively turnout in a matter of days.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is part of it because O&G as it is now isn't sustainable?

Wanting to "kill" an industry is one thing. But having plans to replace or give out something similar at least shows effort you're thinking about the people affected

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think that was true 4 years ago, but Trump supporters don't have to hide in the weeds as much anymore (at least to a poll).

The polls were within the margin of error 4 years ago, and they made a major correct in not separating and sampling non college white men correctly which was the cause of the error, so they should be more accurate now.

The key question is how will the votes be tallied.

HP3 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Based on what though? Its not like it was 4 years ago. Hillary isnt nearly as unlikable. And people are coming out IN DROVES to early vote. One debate where it was even at worst, isnt going to move the needle. We've all seen what his presidency looks like, terrible.

And for what its worth, the polls were not wrong. 538s model had trump winning within the margin of error, he does not have that this year.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, I know! Neo liberals like Obama and Joe and Clinton don't agree with the bolded. There are no detals in any of those plans they like and is why they lose so much! lol. It's progressives that are the only ones that want to pass these things. Like I said earlier, if Dems ran on the layup policies they would never lose. Progressive policies are popular with 60+ of America!

In Biden - come on!

20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's right about the polls, just like they tried to vote for Bernie in the primaries...don't underestimate their stupidity and corruption. I've already voted for Biden so it is what it is, this debate was just theatrics for me.