1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockets13champs

Idk why we keep listening to this bruh bruh kid. He literally probably a cousin of someone in front office and says what he hears ok. That might be true. But being a 3rd person hearing things 80% of the time nets u the wrong info. Remember how everyone was like Melo (the first time on the knicks) said he was coming thru trade every week. Yeah he was coming but at the end of the day the front offices from both sides only know. We dragged the Melo trade out for the long time and were willing to take it into training camp. It wasn’t until Melo forced a deadline foe a trade that he got traded. A coaching hire will probably be the same for the rockets. They won’t commit to JVG, or Silas or last option John Lucas unless they have all their clauses locked down. These coaches I can guarantee will try to work a lot of **** into their contract for example incase of a mid season firing. JVG not knowing if we will contend this and next year. Makes me sure there’s a lot of things we will need to add to his contract maybe an opt out clause after a year? Who knows. I can’t imagine Lucas being on a longer than 1 or 2 year contract. Tilman is probably offering him 1 or 2 years when he wants 4-5 years. And with Silas he probably wants a long term contract. So I think this is a 3 way negotiation about job safety and money

ashleyem likes this.
  2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Don’t short change tater head and the one plus year of Melo reporting.

3. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

So everyone is mad that Brabra wants likes for his scoops instead of bucks? He has been more accurate than the "insiders" on ClutchFans, all of whom have conveniently disappeared during all of this.

JoeyTexas254, Jontro and lloyde8 like this.
  4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

He has turned his life around and that is great but I've never quite got over the fact that he single-handedly destroyed a Rocket team that was potentially a team for the ages.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

25 years without a Finals appearance guys. 25 seasons straight without even a Finals appearance.

TwentyFive seasons and everyone here still gets all wound up about hoping to see the Rockets win a Championship. FAR too much energy and emotion poured into an organization that pays you nothing and gives you nothing.

ApacheWarrior and Jontro like this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

But that’s fandom—one of the most irrational things in life. Some fans wait decades and die without ever seeing a championship from their team like Cubs fans and Red Sox fans before the turn of the century. Some fans think their dynasty would never end after a third or fourth championship and haven’t sniffed a championship game in almost 3 decades like the Cowboys.

charlieaustin and JoeyTexas254 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

This dude continues to out himself as a bigger and bigger loser. So sad to see someone has nothing going on in life that they have to be a clout chasing Tekashi wannabe

DVauthrin, Reeko and jamisonrocket like this.
  9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

How is this a thread in the GARM? BraBraBall imminently being signed as GM, Coach or free agent? What am I missing here?

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

Jontro likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why the **** are you here then?

lionaire likes this.
  12. Rashmon

Do you not know John Lucas' history with the Rockets?

charlieaustin and Jontro like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

brabra is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve. plus who doesn't like bras.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I do and watched him play.

I thought you were talking about someone but I still don't know why you think he single handedly destroyed a team for the ages?

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

please share breh, i was born 2 decades after that.

16. Rashmon

We had the core of a great team with Lucas, Lloyd, Wiggins, Ralph, Hakeem and others.

Start here:

The Greatest Team That Never Was

Granted, John didn't do it single-handedly , he had a lot of help.

Let's just say that cocaine was a helluva drug...

Edit: I would prefer this side discussion move out of this particular thread. The thread doesn't deserve this much attention.

#316 Rashmon, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We were fine without John. Just not wiggins and sweet lew. That being said, it was sampson's knee that was the end of it all.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

i thought drugs were a problem in all teams tho. not just rox

19. Rashmon

True, but specifically, that Rocket team was gutted by the loss of Lucas, Wiggins, and Lloyd.

Jontro likes this.
  20. Rokman

Rokman Member

To enjoy sports not to be insane. That's not a requirement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.