1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Avengers 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Current MCU fans when pulling up to the theater for the next Avengers movie:

[​IMG]

Kim, Jontro, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

You do know it's a Mike Tyson quote, right?

STR8Thugg likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Charles Shackleford

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I lol'd hard. Thanks. :D

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

aristotle

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Xerobull likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

What’s a Chris pine

Jontro likes this.
  8. Roscoe Arbuckle

Good looking dude that hooked with one of my Top 10: Olivia Munn.

Fun fact is his dad is Robert Pine who played Zack Morris' dad in Saved By The Bell, but I recall him as Sergeant Gutrere in this awesome show.

9. Buck Turgidson

What's a Chris Pine For?

Your mom.

Boom! I'll be in San Leon at the Bay Clam Lounge all week.

10. Xerobull

Avengers 5 Plans Have Already Begun According to Kevin Feige

Marvel boss Kevin Feige hints at future plans for The Avengers 5, saying it is already underway and has already started.The next Avengers saga has already begun according to Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. The Marvel head honcho was recently asked when audiences might see The Avengers team-up once again to thwart a world-ending enemy in Avengers 5, and while he remained typically tight-lipped about the whole thing, he did reveal that, while the superheroes aren't due to assemble just yet, things are already in motion.

[​IMG]

"We want there to be a reasonable amount of time from the Endgame to start a new saga, which is already underway and already started. Then you need some time as we did in phase one to build that saga before you start bringing everybody together."RELATED:When Will Avengers 5 Happen? Marvel Boss Addresses the Question
    Following the events of 2019's Avengers: Endgame
    which saw the likes of Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor bring the team together once again to take on The Mad Titan, Thanos, several founding members of The Avengers are now, well, dead. Both Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow met their demise during the dramatic, time-hopping events, with Chris Evans' Steve Rogers finding peace with the love of his life and growing old, passing on the mantle of Captain America to Anthony Mackie's Sam Wilson.

Thus, a new line-up is needed the next time The Avengers take to the big screen, and while we don't yet know who exactly will be chosen to fight on Earth's behalf come the next cosmic threat, the most obvious choice so far is one Shang-Chi, who has now made his MCU debut in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. The character was officially described as Marvel's new Avenger in a recent teaser trailer for the movie, with actor Simu Liu having previously revealed his hopes for the master of martial arts moving forward.

"In terms of what's next, I know what's on my mind is the same as what's on everybody else's mind. And hopefully, there's an Avengers in the future, somewhere," Liu previously told THR about a potential Avengers 5. "Obviously, I don't know anything about that, but being such a big fan of the whole franchise, I know that that's the gold star. All of the media frenzy that surrounds one of those properties is going to be a whole beast unto itself, so it's certainly what I hope for."

Aside from Shang-Chi, Marvel's Phase 4 will also introduce audiences to several new heroes and teams including The Eternals, an immortal alien race who emerge from hiding after thousands of years to protect Earth from their evil counterparts, the Deviants, The Marvels, which includes Kamala Khan AKA Ms. Marvel and WandaVision's Monica Rambeau alongside Captain Marvel, and eventually The Fantastic Four, which will wrap up this phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. So, the studio should be spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing who will assemble for Avengers 5.

For now, Marvel fans are relishing a return to the MCU in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, which follows the titular hero as he is forced to confront his past after being drawn back into his father's Ten Rings organization.Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings was released in the United States on September 3. This comes to us from Collider.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I hope Shang-Chi focuses more on martial arts than using the rings, in any Avengers movies. It's too easy to default to the rings.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

but just using martial arts would make him fairly meh (like honk-eye or blek window) on an Avengers team, wouldn't it? And i say that really liking martial arts movies.

Jontro likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

with the wealth of characters marvel has, i think they should up the ante and kill of at least 1-2 major characters in every upcoming avengers movie. maybe kill off thor and shang chi next, with the latter being a complete shocker.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That would be like killing Glen on the Walking Dead . . . ..

Rocket River

Jontro likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Wasn't that basically the plot of the last 3 Avengers Movies?

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

rip glenn, he was a great token.

Rocket River likes this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

There's too much money to be made with the Shang-Chi franchise for them to kill off the character before Shang-Chi 2 and 3 inevitably come out.

Well, I just meant that I hope Marvel doesn't make Shang-Chi all about the rings, so much so that his entire character is defined by the rings.

Batman has cool gadgets and relies on them and his tech to gain advantages in fights, but they're ultimately determined by his proficiency in his intelligence and hand-to-hand combat. Would have been easy to make Tony Stark reliant on his Iron Man armor, but his character was far more nuanced than a suit of armor.

Strip away Batman's toys and he's still an interesting character. Strip away Iron Man's armor and he's still an interesting character. Would Shang-Chi have been a good movie without the rings as a plot device? Who knows.

I just hope they make Shang-Chi more nuanced than his rings.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The rings really weren't needed except to fight the last villain. I expect the rings were a big deal only so Shang Chi wouldn't be a Hawkeye-level character in the next Avengers movie.

19. Xerobull

Thanks for spoiling the movie, bro.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Happy to help!