1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Trump finally denounce white supremacy tonight?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Will Trump finally denounce white supremacy?

1. He did before but he needs to again for some strange reason

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. He did before but the liberal moderators just like to ask to spice things up

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. He did before but this could distract from the real issues that Biden can’t answer correctly

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I also have a black wife, but she tells me things that seem to be at odds with what @BlackHalo's black wife says. I don't know which black wife I should believe!

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

From Biden (1988) talking about his relationship with Strom Thurmond:

“I came to the United States Senate. I was a 29-year-old fellow out of the Civil Rights movement, a public defender, and it turns out one of my closest friends ends up being Strom Thurmond, a man whose background and interests, at the time I came, were considerably different than mine,” Biden said in his 1988 speech.

“If you had told me when I entered the United States Senate that one of the people that I’d have the closest relationship with in the Senate would be Strom Thurmond, I would have told you that you were crazy. And I suspect maybe Strom would have told you, you were crazy,” he added. “I’m not just saying Strom and I are close. Anyone who knows the Senate knows how seldom we agree on the controversial issues but how closely we work together.”

Nice try.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Did he say "black wife"? He's not married, he meant black labrador puppies he had for sale.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

The problem is that Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth. He doesn’t want to lose the support of his racist base of supporters, so he’s always saying contradictory things. His supporters hear what they want to hear. His opponents hear what they want to hear.

But, make no mistake about it. Trump knows exactly what he’s doing. It’s something that makes him a horrible president, and a horrible person.

London'sBurning likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

he might as well just come out and say he has black friends as well

malakas and Andre0087 like this.
  6. durvasa

I think you must be operating on a very different definition of "racist" than most of us, then.

I think many people are Trump supporters precisely because of the racism he promotes (e.g. Birther stuff, attacks against non-white immigrants, one can go on).

malakas and Invisible Fan like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Just stand back and stand by...

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My wife is white so I am really lost on what I should think about Biden.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have a wife and she believes kamala was right when she implicated that biden was racist.

ROXRAN likes this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I, frankly, don't care what he says. He can't say anything to talk me into voting for him. He has no agenda that he is running on. He's simply running again because he's the President, and those that want to help him prop himself up are simply prostituting themselves out to the world's slickest pimp.

But I will be watching the debate for pure entertainment value. There's not much else on that could beat it.

And he has denounced it. Half heartedly. It shouldn't have come down to the fact that he needs to denounce it, had he emphatically spoke against various things that have happened during his presidency.

Also, my wife is pregnant. Should I read into it when she tells me she wants a chocolate and mayo sandwich? What does that mean? Who do I trust?

malakas and Andre0087 like this.
  11. durvasa

Because he was willing to work with politicians that he disagrees with wrt race issues? That's was Harris's argument, wasn't it? That he shouldn't have done that?

So, what's your opinion on that?

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You believe people can't change, but others such as civil rights stalwart John Lewis disagree.

He supported the MLK recognition, and announced his regret of earlier stances. He did a 180.

Let's talk about Strom. What party did Strom start with? Which party did he switch to? Why did he make that switch?

The fact that Joe can work with people of the opposite party is a plus, not something he needs to renounce.

Invisible Fan, malakas and Andre0087 like this.
  13. durvasa

Exactly. It's weird that this would be used as an argument against him, from Republican supporters.

It kind of demonstrates that these are really just excuses/pretexts to vote for Trump. The actual reasons lie elsewhere.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Poster has a black wife, so this must mean that his opinion is more valid than all you non-black wife havers. :rolleyes:

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yall all post pics of your wives and I'll rank the validity of yalls opinions in an unbiased manner. A power rankings.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I am 30 minutes from Belmont ...standing by !

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No worries, he won't totally denounce you guys.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

19. malakas

malakas Member

You better go in the kitchen and go make that sandwich. And congrats!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Simple. Black wives believe whatever you tell them to believe!