1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Reason behind why Tilman is cheap.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wait, are you saying that the its the small business owners' mismanagement that bankrupted them during the pandemic?

D-rock likes this.
  2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I think s/he meant, "Since the economy was going hugely before the pandemic, if a business went bankrupt then (and was able to be hoovered up by Fertitta), it was likely the business manager/owner's fault."

After the pandemic began, of course, even well-run businesses went under. I forget where I read it---and it's likely wrong anyway---but Yelp had a blurb that something like 2/3 of their business entries have gone out of business since this whole thing started.

raining threes and Easy like this.
  3. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I know all this but the reason why the Rockets value kept increasing is thanks to Leslie's ability to keep Rockets in the playoffs for the most part and not being that cheap and also the Chinese connection. If the assumption is correct that Tillman is going cheap, then the Rockets not even making the playoffs or 1st round exits because of him not landing quality players is not necessarily going to keep the pace of the franchise value up as it has in the past. I believe there is some correlation between good marketable players that the Rockets land and the value of the franchise.

raining threes likes this.
  4. raining threes

Then you're just flat out wrong.

The economy was humming along at a record pace before China put a plague on the world.

5. raining threes

Read Gray Jay's post for my response.

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah.

I’m actually not wrong. That is literally what happened to us. Sorry, I guess, if it hurt YOUR feelings to hear it?

Keep on with the tinfoil hat speak about how those dastardly Asians went biowarfare or whatever. Believing diseases have nationalities, what a ****ing pleb. Telling me I’m wrong about my life like you have any idea you ****ing waste of ****.

7. raining threes

China either did one of two things.

1. Intentionally put a plague on the world. Or
    2. Let a plague get released on the world unintentionally and then witheld info and hoarded PPE so they could make a huge profit off of a plague they created.

I'll let you decide which is which, but either one means the Chinese regime is evil. you can cuss and b!tch and moan all you want but these FACTS wont change.

8. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

They are both facts but one of them isn't true according to your own tinfoilery, surely you can see it's hard to follow what point you are making?

I will now sit and imagine Asian people with comical mad scientist looks on their faces, standing over bubbling beakers of neon liquids and vapors plotting some depraved evil upon the world such as:

NOT ****ING COUGHING ON SOMEONE ELSE

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol, this is sad. The economy is not your life, and it’s empirically undeniable that the economy was setting GDP growth records before the pandemic began.

It’s also empirically undeniable that open air Chinese market organization (which is directly related to Chinese culture) is what allowed coronavirus to make the jump from bat to human.

Tinfoil hat, lmao. Denying the circumstances that allow viruses like COVID to spread is complete lunacy, and people that do so should be required to take an IQ test before they vote.

raining threes likes this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Tillman owns recreation entities, not necessity venture. If Tillman owned grocery, or phone company we would be spanking the Lakers.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This wasn't a great thread to begin with but it has gotten worse. Feel bad, y'all.

12. raining threes

Cre to tell me what was not true about my post?

13. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I'll never forget the drop from the 2017-2018 team to the 2018-2019 team, watching us lose by 30 on opening night to the pelicans. Julius randle looked like a star and Mirotic too ... Thought "maybe it's just a one time thing" ... only to realize this owner really thought we could replace ariza with ennis, and sign guys like MCW to give us production. Watching ennis play, and hartenstein getting abused by backup pgs on switches was so rough to watch. And when we finally find House as a starting role player (after our desperate , we can't figure out how to sign him for the rest of the season for whatever reason and it hurt our seeding in the playoffs ... leading to us playing the warriors in the 2nd round.

Tilman only talks about how much star players make, as if they're robbing him. "Our two top players make 85 million!!!" ... continually ducking on the necessary basketball-savvy signings to win a chip and going for cheap minimums. It gets old and it's only been like 2 years.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

i dont know if someone else has pointed this out but....

trying to buy an NFL team is probably not the best example of someone being cheap

15. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I'm not talking about the entire economy. Maybe you missed that on the way to your post? Talking about IQ tests while trying to explain how a disease has a human's culture. Indeed, let's go vote.