1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Well ok then. That would be a stellar beginning to Stone's regime from my perspective. Bring the Wood!

Edit: that means they can just sign Wood without trading Gordon?

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Spurs won't.

3. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Eric Gordon to Utah.
    Utah replaces Jordan Clarkson

Joe Ingles & Ed Davis to HOU.
    HOU gets height and playmaking.

4. riko

riko Member

Rockets got no hope.

ThatBoyNick and saleem like this.
  5. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Would the 76ers agree to Horford + 1FRP for Gordon, House, Clemons? Horford can help us while the window is open, and his final year is only partially guaranteed. Getting a FRP helps for the rebuilding process in 1-2 years.

#1905 CarlosGM, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Probably not - using the NT-MLE means they can't go over the apron .... Using it without moving EG would put them over the apron immediately.

Gotta dump EG to use that full MLE.

saleem likes this.
  7. jb86

jb86 Member

Yes I would.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No.

9. saleem

I think there more interested in moving Conley. We don’t need him. Ingles and Ed will be hard to acquire in my opinion.

10. jb86

jb86 Member

Either we trade Eric Gordon for a high draft pick and then sign Derozan in free agency or James and Russ rearrange their contracts so we can sign Derozan that way. It can happen but at the same time I'm reaching.

11. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

You sure? The Bench production was so poor. Eric Gordon is a huge upgrade from Clarkson.

Ed Davis doesn’t even touch the floor.

Joe Ingles is a huge fan favorite in Utah but tends to disappear in games.

I personally do not want to trade EG but we all know we can’t trade Westbrook or Harden.

Tucker might be the only asset on this team.

12. saleem

It’s not possible to rearrange their contracts.

Corrosion, jb86 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  13. saleem

Thanks for correcting me about Ed Davis. EG is definitely better than Clarkson, but Utah is very disappointed with Conley. Ingles definitely disappears in the clutch, but he would complement the erratic House nicely. Tucker is indeed the most reliable defender on our team, despite his age. We need a 5, and move him to the 4 spot.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Just have Detroit S&T Wood to Houston for 3 years $36 million in exchange for Gordon and a 2nd Rounder. They have enough capspace to absorb the difference in salaries. The Pistons get a starting SG to play in the backcourt with Rose and have a better shot at getting into the playoffs and we have our new starting center with a position (back up SG) that's easier/cheaper to fill.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is the best scenario because either way we are hard capped. This way we pay Wood above the MLE while lowering salary overall. I do think Minnesota would give the Rockets their pick back for Eric though.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think they would agree to that. Horford was really bad for them last year, and there is hope that Gordon can get his magic back.

I guess I'm ok with that trade on our side, but mainly because I'm ready for the tank and we need all the extra picks we can get.

17. steddinotayto

I don't think Rosas is chomping at the bit to pay Eric Gordon for the next 3 years.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think we have all underrated him. He’s a solid vet who has had a few off years. He’s still got a few years of prime left and is very versatile. I agree, I don’t think trading him right now makes a ton of sense Because his value is so low but Wood would be worth it.

19. jb86

jb86 Member

Ok well try to trade Eric Gordon for a high draft pick to a team that can take his contract. Then you will have the money to sign Derozan

20. steddinotayto

I think you've taken my statement about Rosas not wanting to pay Gordon as evidence that I think he sucks which isn't the case. Minnesota has potentially $15 million in capspace this summer with their franchise guys both under the age of 25. Again--this is just one person's opinion--I don't think Rosas would want to use whatever cap space he has on Eric Gordon when he has an opportunity to sign and/or trade for younger talent. An Eric Gordon is better served on a veteran-laden team like Detroit where they're main objective is just making the playoffs and Eric and help with that because he's a sold vet.