1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: JVG at the Forefront

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I’ll believe it when I see it. TF has said a lot of things.

Deuce and Ramo$e like this.
  2. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I see a lot of speculation of who leaked what to Windy and Woj but I think its just as simple as JVG saying..."Ok if Daryl is going to be gone...what is the organizational plan? If I am going to coach here we need a big that can rebound." I think that takes a while to hammer out. Future organizational plans...what if this James/Russ doesnt work...whats the plan? Is it a full rebuild or on the fly like Daryl did before?

Ultimately I think JVG is the guy he just wants to make sure we dont want to tank.

Sep11ie and Stormy1234 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think there is a change in ideology.

JVG ain't the uptempo coach, he might try something new but all he could do is listen to his coordinator on Offense.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

JVG = 80 point Games, Such a Downer as a Coach even in Wins.

Hire a Smart Young Head Coach with Enthusiasm, has Championship experience as a Assistant.

These Candidates are really bad.

Cant the Rockets go after Raptors Assistant Coaches that knows how to beat the Warriors.

5. pass_to_Hakeem

Russ = Trap King

6. TimDuncanDonaut

One thing you can't knock JVG is that he cares, like a lot.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

JVG? Love the guy in a broadcast booth. Not so wild about him being the coach.

saleem likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Did Frittata actually say "MY fans"? I can promise that to "MY fans"? This guy is such a dipshit.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’d be 100x more surprised about Tilman hiring JVG than I was that Morey walked away.

Corrosion and bmelo like this.
  10. bmelo

bmelo Member

Im gonna fogive Tilman if he hires JVG. That would mean he really want's it now

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Touché!! He excels at being an arrogant douchebag!! HE should “Shut up and Listen”!! Perhaps then we wouldn’t be in the mess that we’re in!!

Lol....MY fans??? :confused:
    Stupid is as stupid does!!

Go Rockets!!!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

He could've said "Rockets fans," "Houston fans," or even "our fans." But he went with "my fans." lol

[​IMG]

Deuce and saleem like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

offense under JVG won’t be a problem because of Harden alone...at least in the regular season

I’ve seen some people say that there’s nothing to worry about because Harden will handle the offense or JVG can just do what MDA did which wasn’t complicated at all, but we’ve seen time and time again that Harden won’t be able to just handle the offense all the way to a title

I’m very interested in seeing what Van Gundy’s current offensive philosophy would be with this team, and I hope he could get Harden back to playing how he did in 14-15 or even 15-16 where he would cut and move off-ball a lot more, get a healthy amount of assisted threes, would be 1 of the league leaders in transition buckets, posted up, and utilized the midrange...he was a lot more versatile back then

Idk what he’d do with Russ...a dumb PG that can’t shoot is tough

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

One thing I love about JVG is that he goes to was with his players and he won't be afraid to call out the BS from the league and how they officiate our players. He will likely get technicals as well.

I prefer to have JVG than a lot of other options so I hope this is the hire we go with. Stephen Silas wouldn't be a bad option either.

htownrox1 likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

JVG wont be bringing back the glory of the 90s - he's a smart guy. He's had front row seat to the modernization of the game and I think would be well qualified to attack the new concepts with experience and resolve.

Not a fan of retreads necessarily, but his is better than Lucas or Silas.

Corrosion and bballjunkie like this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

JVG went to Yale and Silas went to Brown. Either way with those guys we are getting highly intelligent men who both are obsessed with basketball.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

in that debate I would go with the experience card. Silas is a good coach Im sure he'll get his shot, but Im not as sure a veteran heavy team will respond as well to him not having any skins on the wall so to speak.

If Silas is the guy I wont lose any sleep though.

bmelo and treyk3 like this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I doubt if he has even one real fan. Rockets fans are entirely different from TOF’s.

dc rock likes this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I have them in the opposite order because I’m more in favor of the hungry younger guy who gets his shot and is the final missing piece as we saw with Kerr in Golden State and Nurse in Toronto but I’d be thrilled with either.

Rudyc281 and Verbal Christ like this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In fairness, I don’t think he literally meant that they were fans of him personally.

If you are part of an organization, and you are speaking to someone outside of your organization as a representative, you can use “my” to refer to people relating to your organization. It becomes a synonym for “our”, essentially, but excludes the people are are talking to. I will do this for work sometimes — like “my front-end engineers” or “my customers”. In that context, “my” is not intended to reflect the relationship between those people and me personally.