1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did he announce his cabinet yet?

Are y'all really gonna carry it like this?

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

No, but should I be happy that he’s actually vetting people like Jeff Flake who voted with Trump 81% of the time, a lobbyist like Charlie Dent who voted with Trump 93% of the time, or John Kasich who ran for the Republican nomination back in 2016 and came right behind the likes of Marco Rubio? That’s gross. I don’t want to see them or their policy ideas infecting any cabinet position.

How did reaching across the aisle work for Obama? Republicans aren’t interested in that, they’ve made that clear. The vast majority of Republicans sat idly by as Trump destroyed the country. Toss them and all these Bush era never-Trump Republicans into the bushes out back.

I’ll be surprised if Progressives get any real representation in a Biden cabinet.

RayRay10, Dubious and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump's proud boys taking election interference into their own hands...

RayRay10, No Worries and Ubiquitin like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

that seems almost too ridiculous and stupid to be real, but Trumpers aren’t the brightest bunch, so I put nothing past them

Sending out threatening emails like that to people announcing who u are? Might as well just go on social media and tell the FBI and local authorities where to find u because at that point, you’re not even trying to be discreet.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably sent by @dachuda86

Best line: "They really need to learn how to spell," she added, noting the subject line of the email reads: "voteing." She said she reported the email to the FBI.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Then Biden will be primaried if he runs in 24. You’ll have the Lincoln project party, the Trump party, the progressive party, and the moderate Dem party. Seems like a recipe for chaos but one that actually creates enough part fragmentation for .... AOC... to win.

RayRay10 and Reeko like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Police officers breaks department policy by wearing a trump mask and faces discipline. trump campaign person falsely tries to claim its a First Amendment violation (why do trump people misrepresent the Constitution?). Former florida gop chairman fact checks the trump person...

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Biden in '24? at 81? No Bernie either.

Ms. Harris will be the front runner but it will be lively no doubt.

Would love to see a Lincoln Party.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Those guys are ruthless and would be tough to beat. If it was Lincoln party candidate vs AOC or Kamala in 24 I have to say that’s pretty interesting. The big question mark is if the party of QAnon/Trump is still powerful enough to pull most of the voters away from the Lincoln project party candidate. Right now virtually all the voters the LP party needs are QAnon nutcases. How that changes in 3 years I have no idea.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

The trump campaign struggling for money isn't too much of a surprise. He has been canceling ads in lots of states.

Nor is discovering he lied about how much trump personally invested into his own campaign. Just another pathetic trump lie. After promising to spend $100 million of his own money to win re-election, Trump has given his campaign only $8,000.

But what is important... where is the money going? 80% flows through an entity that doesn’t disclose its disbursements. Hmm...

Trump's cash woes mount as Biden laps him
    The president started October with $63 million to spend compared to Joe Biden's $177 million.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/21/trump-cash-woes-430691

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Dubious

Grifters gonna grift, till there is no more money, then the leave town

RayRay10, Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just because there is speculation on what Republicans he might have in his cabinet doesn't mean he isn't vetting Progressives. There reporting about Republicans in a Democratic Admin. because that is more interesting news. Democrats in a Democratic Admin. isn't going to make headlines.

RayRay10, joshuaao and jiggyfly like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Biden's cabinet is mostly Progressives he likely will be primaried also. The Democratic party isn't all progressives as the last few elections show.

Biden has been campaigning on the idea that he will be President for the whole country and the country includes a lot of Republicans. I think that is foremost in his mind than whether Sanders or some other Progressive runs against him the Democratic Primaries in 2024.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  17. Dubious

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Odds have to be if he wins he won’t run again. I just don’t see it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what do you do with 40+ percent of the country that likes their policy ideas?

Do we just go tit for tat for the rest of history and continue with these wild swings of the pendulum?

It's amazing how you and yours continue to throw around the term vast majority when there are huge examp0les of Republicans who have been against Trump from the beginning.

It's also alarming that progressives are already simmering to start fights when the election has not even occurred or his cabinet has been announced.

I will say this Biden has not debt to progressives to pacify them ( I think he will) but the way they drug him throughout the primary I would say **** em, they were as bad as what Trump is currently doing, at least Trump is not propping up Tara Reade.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

Then why is Trump not pulling them away?

I like AOC but she has shown none of the organizational or leadership ability so far to be president.

There are far better progressive candidates than AOC.

RayRay10 likes this.