1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OLED, QLED and other TVs - Recommendations and News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Yung-T, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No way. Wow, is that true? That's nuts. I watch a lot of Dolby Vision content. Excluding it is unforgivable. I do like Samsung's phones (hardware not software). Used to like their TVs but it keeps getting worse.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I already stated my QLED was more expensive than OLED, but this would lead us back to your kindergarten reading comprehension which is getting a bit annoying.

Maybe the OLED guys here can post gray scale images of their panels to show that their TVs are banding free, I'll patiently wait. It affects basically 99.9% of panels and is the same regular occurrence as dirty screen effect for all LEDs. You denying it just shows you have zero clue about this topic.

Uh that's why I replied to your torch mode comment saying turning off vivid mode isn't helping, but thanks again for the kindergarten reading comprehension.
    And in like 20 back and forth posts we've had, you couldn't a single time reply to an actual tech issue and just keep repeating buzz words and denying every well-documented issue or weakness, although even your favourite sites like rtings and hdtvtest mention them in every single review, but you apparently only look at the final score because of attention span deficits.

Well and back then I corrected your completely false claims and showed that Samsung is staying away from OLED for their own TVs and has stated that they don't see the upside over their current approach.

But guess you forgot.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.whathifi.com/us/best-buys/best-dolby-vision-tvs

When it comes to TV manufacturers, the majority support Dolby Vision HDR but one notable absentee from the list is Samsung. It has decided to go down its own route with its rival HDR10+ format.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

That's the major issue with Samsung, NO DOLBY VISION

Ziggy likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You can yell all you want and pretend to be an expert all you want, but anyone that knows A/V can see you're spouting off misinformation left and right. Me & @tinman are just worried about the less knowledgeable folks being fooled and potentially making a poor buying decision. Good luck with your 1080p, lulz.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You haven't been able to dissect a single technological issue and you&tinman on several times posted links that actually contradict you and support my points if you actually went beyond looking at the overall score.

And again when I call you out on something like colours or banding, you can't reply at all and just talk gibberish again.

Get off the high horse and stop replying if you can't properly make any point from a technical standpoint.

You now acting like you are an AV expert and that I'm spreading misinformation is beyond hilarious, but I hope everyone can see through your childish tantrum.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Me and @tinman simply do not need to manufacture ways to portray QLED is being on par with OLED. Better trained, unbiased, experts with better tools have already concluded as much.

BTW - it's "colors". And they look better in 4K than they do 1080p, lulz.

Enjoy your Dobly Vision. If you even can.

tinman likes this.
  8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

NM

Fanboy Crossing

#48 Blatz, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And again you can't reply to a single issue and talk your way out by talking gibberish and tagging your troll mate tinman.

You yourself are happy to post rtings and hdtvtest and talk about experts, so here's some bits for your moronic and completely false takes:

Regarding banding, which your uninformed butt claims is a lie and maybe only with 2014 models:

rtings C9 review: "Like previous OLED TVs, there are some very faint horizontal and vertical lines noticeable in a pitch-black room when displaying near-black scenes."
    CX: "Uniformity is improved in near-dark scenes, but like some other OLED TVs, there are some faint vertical and horizontal lines which could be visible in near-dark scenes in very dark rooms."

Colors:
    CX: "Despite having an excellent color gamut, the LG CX's color volume is only decent. It can't produce extremely bright colors, but with a perfect contrast ratio, it can display dark, saturated colors."

Q9FN: "The Q9FN has great color volume. It is able to produce very bright and very dark colors, across its entire color gamut. It is much similar to the 2017 QLEDs, and much better than the LG C7, B7A and C8."

Also feel free to check out the hdtvtest reviews which state these things, like literally every single expert review that isn't a fluff piece does.

Maybe check the dictionary:
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/de/worterbuch/englisch/colour

But that's on par with the rest of your nonsense and shows your lack of education, funny that the German kid has to correct a native speaker.

Done with talking to you, it was entertaining at first but now I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Didn't read any of this. Butttttt burn-in! Lulz.

tinman likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Samsung is going off their own direction.

Sony is with the majority that includes Dolby Vision and OLED.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

We should never really reveal our true occupations or if we are rich as Elon on this bbs, but

let's just say some of us don't work at Sony / Microsoft / LG / Samsung / TCL
    but some of us work WITH Sony / Microsoft / LG / Samsung / TCL

99ers have real jobs

13. tinman

Supporting Member

If one NBA superstar notices that another NBA superstar has a Lambo, he asks the other one if he likes it.
    Then he goes to the Lambo dealership and gets one based on recommendation

He doesn't go to the plymouth dealership

14. tinman

Supporting Member

@Ziggy

Sony has some nice OLEDs as well

"IS OLED STILL KING?"
    "are the 99ers still supreme?"

Ziggy likes this.
  15. shorerider

shorerider Member

Just bought a Sony A8H after returning an LG CX due to headaches. The A8H is the nicest TV I have ever laid my eyes on.

tinman likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Is the Sony OLED the one with the screen as the speaker ? That’s some cool tech

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's cute how you and ziggy feel the need to celebrate in front of complete strangers about owning a 2k+ TV (which me and many others here have) and write condescendingly, guess that's what happens when funds are controlled by the wifey and every purchase is a moral win in your seemingly lacking troll lives.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

There’s someone who doesn’t like OLEDs

I guess they don’t clearly see our angle
    @Ziggy
    Well if he doesn’t have an OLED he doesn’t have good viewing angles anyways

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea because people regularly sit and game at a 70° angle, oh wait.

No idea about your shitty living room design though, maybe wife doesn't let you sit in a good spot.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

I do recall in 1984 when I lived in Alaska my brother had a friend who lived in the oddest place I'd ever seen. Lived on a hill where snow water came down and they collected it. Their "house" was a mini RV trailer connected to a makeshift cabin they made. The mom's bedroom was between the living room & a closet. The toilet was literally a trash bag underneath one of those camping squatters. Next to the kitchen...

I was 12, and still an *******. Not sure how they had electricity, but they did, and they had a 13 inch B&W TV. Me, being the dick that I am, told the kid that I could see color coming through some pixels on their TV. Their entire family spent 10 minutes adjusting the knobs to try and see if the could get color TV on their B&W.

Yung-T likes this.