1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, James Harden won’t blow it up in 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 20, 2020.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Pretty sure Tilman thinks the Rox can win it all this year just by sheer force of his winner personality.

bmelo, D-rock, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

D-rock, topfive, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets have quickly gone from one of the smartest organizations in the league to maybe the dumbest organization in the league. Sad stuff.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Once Harden has moved on, the Rockets basically become the the dollar store Sarver Suns. Dollar store owner in a huge market. Brutal.

D-rock, topfive and HP3 like this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Tilman won't do sh*t. James Harden is in charge not Tilman, and not because Morey magically gave him powers. Tilman is no better. They want to keep their start happy with these stars always trying to leave these days. So I guess it's time for cheap Tilman to shut up and listen! We need a real center. Wait until we get everything we need to contend before somebody start throwing ultimatums.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

This thread is making me despondent. Is this how Knicks fans feel every damn year?

BallSoHarden and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He has to say this. He knows it's divorced from reality, but he has to say this because he is the reason we are where we are.

bmelo and D-rock like this.
  9. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Full of BS. You're not going to win if you aren't willing to spend money to get more talent players.

D-rock likes this.
  10. verysimplejason

I'd like to give Harden 1 last chance. Just one more pain...

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

James and morey is the reason we are where we are Tilman is fairly new...morey and harden have been the constant for the last 13 years.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, sink from #2 in MVP voting all the way down to #3, maybe.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...to-blow-up-Rockets-roster-Tilman-15661906.php

For all the changes to the Rockets since last season, with the departure of Mike D’Antoni as coach and Daryl Morey as general manager, owner Tilman Fertitta said on Tuesday that the stars of his roster will remain.

The “window,” he said, is still open, giving him no reason for more widespread changes.

“You have James Harden and Russell Westbrook and you have almost 90 percent of your salaries tied up in them and Eric Gordon,” Fertitta said in his weekly CNBC appearance, “But anytime you have players like Eric, P.J. (Tucker), James and Russell, there’s no reason to blow up your roster.

“This is still our window, the next couple years. James and Russell are in their early 30s. We’re not blowing up anything. We plan on contending. I always said you want to set yourself up to be one of the top four teams in your conference each year and then it takes a little luck to win. You look at every year it always takes a little luck.

“So, we’re going to set ourselves up to make the moves, to be one of the top teams. We’re going to do whatever we have to do to win. I can promise that to my fans and compete for the NBA championship this year.”

The Rockets last season entered the postseason as the fourth seed, losing to the eventual champion Lakers in five second-round games.

Fertitta indicated that he was surprised with Morey’s decision to step down as general manager, pointing out his CNBC appearance when he said Morey would recommend for a successor to D’Antoni and that his own role was to “sign off” on that choice.

Morey has been involved in the interviews and shared his operations while his successor, Rafael Stone, has led the process, including multiple sessions with former Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy, Rockets director of player personnel John Lucas and Mavericks assistant coach Stephen Silas.

“It’s kind of funny I made a statement on CNBC; the next day they get back (from the NBA bubble in Orlando,) Fertitta said. “Daryl’s always had an out in his contract. This is the year his kid, his last kid graduated from high school where he could kind of do what he wanted to do. He always told me he wanted to go up East. That’s why he had a guy like Rafael Stone who has been his right hand and has been with us.

“Daryl’s still here, helping us with our coaching search. Usually in sports, when you’re gone, you’re gone. Daryl’s not gone. Daryl will always be here for me. I appreciate everything Daryl’s done for his franchise, what he’s done for me as a new owner of the last three years.”

Chamillionaire, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Lol "had to do to win" I see what you did there Ferntits

D-rock likes this.
  15. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

At this point I feel like this is a smoke screen cause Tilman is lying my opinion though...Reason why I wasn’t high on Ty Lue is because he pamper his players look who running his team the Claw, when will this organization will get tired of kissing James a**

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

At first thought I’m like man is this guy a dumbass. Then I realized he ignored his GM, staff, bragged about it, had his GM and HC walk away and thinks he can make it work with two ball dominant players that almost got bounced in the first round by the guy they traded away.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

HakeemOnlyFan and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden and Morey have been the reason Rockets have 2nd most wins in NBA last 13 seasons?

You are absolutely correct.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. BigBum

BigBum Member

Remember what I said.

without paying 40 million luxury tax, there is no chance to make it to conference finals.

Resign Rivers one year $10 million and make good trade.

Give Jeff Green MLE and trade for overpay Contract.

#39 BigBum, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  20. BigBum

BigBum Member

Last 3 years, Tilman and Morey posted empty slogan.