1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Harden demanded Westbrook stay, which one of the following would you agree with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Oct 19, 2020.

?

What would you do?

1. I’d trade Harden. It might not be worth it to keep Westbrook.

45.5%
  2. We owe Harden, listen to him.

43.8%
  3. Take the second pick and other, non-core, players from Golden State. then draft Killian Hayes.

3.3%
  4. Same as above, but take Lamelo Ball.

5.0%
  5. Take the pick and get someone else with the second pick.

2.5%
  1. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

Blow it up! Trade Harden, Westbrook, and Gordon. Play it out and rebuild.

jevjnd and verysimplejason like this.
  2. verysimplejason

Just as Cuban said, there's the trophy and there's none. I believe it's the championship or bust. If you're not the champs, everything's just the same.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Just seems like a weird thing to argue against if you don’t know any of the prospects. Calling myself a nerd btw.

jevjnd likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

I picked the “give Harden what he wants” option because this era of the franchise is done. But let’s be real. What Harden wants doesn’t matter. Westbrook is only here because Tilman happened to want him as well. It was a coincidence. Harden also wanted MDA and Morey.....where are they currently?

jevjnd likes this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

cade Cunningham is the next luka/harden look him up. Lock for number 1 overall pick in 2021

jevjnd likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I love that people are down on Westbrook enough to trade Harden as well just to move on. Every day more Rockets fans are embracing what really happened on that fateful day in the summer of 2019, at their own speed.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think James can get to the Finals with luck but the owner has to be willing to spend GSW, Lakers and Clippers kind of money.

That is a must and a prerequisite.

MDA actually did a fine job without a legit front court.

Tilman is wasting our time, his time and the time of said franchise cornerstone.

It'll take a decade but if you prolong those 2nd round exits then it'll take 2 decades.
    Hope Fertitta falls sick and is forced to sell.

Expecting to be a Top 3 team year in year out but you're one injury away from being a mediocre team. And the West has 5-7 competitive teams.

That is suffering in itself.

#47 daywalker02, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    jevjnd likes this.
  8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Wait for arenas to open back up and business to resume.

9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Both have the wealth to invest into the future and spend luxury tax without hesitation. Dream owners.

10. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Thanks so much! Going to look him up!

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They should have gotten rid of Hardhead a few seasons back.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree with you Sizzle. I just think with a less hard headed coach that adjusts on the fly, Russ' shortcomings wouldn't be so glaring. MDA knew they were going to double Harden and they know they were going to leave Russ open to shoot. MDA did nothing for 4 games after that. nothing at all. He just expected players to figure it out IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Even with all Westbrook's flaws, it was working. We just need a common sense coach.

Even when Vogel figured out the Rockets after the first game, he was putting in rookies, he was taking out Centers, he was having player start the second half of games that hadn't started for months. Meanwhile, MDA did the exact same thing for 5 straight games.

It's a common theme here that enough is enough when it comes to accommodating players because of their short-comings. I think thats dumb.

jevjnd likes this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Let's be real, eventually you'll have to trade Harden or wait for him & Westbrook to leave under this cheap ownership.

It's just a matter of time... and that time won't go further than 2 years (remainder of contract).

You think they'll be satisfied come two years when Tilman say, okay take a paycut for the team? They will have either have the option to go ring-chase on a superteam or they can get one last big contract but it won't be here.

Every year we delay to trade him and especially Westbrook, while he still has some value, will just extend our rebuild time. Some people here just want to extend our closed window and definitely won't be around when this team has to rebuild. So those people obviously don't care if we drag this out as long as possible and do a decade long rebuild.

#53 RocketsFido, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    jevjnd likes this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

And Musk would be perfect since Tesla is moving to Texas and he has a SpaceX program which would be perfect to own Rockets.

Tristan_fiore and jevjnd like this.
  15. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I really am curious what the market value of Russ is right now anyway ... His being hurt in the playoffs probably made him seem way worse than preCOVID to the rest of the league. Seems like even if we traded him, it wouldn't feel worth what we get back (some random assortment of role players, maybe one above average one and a pick). I can only imagine lottery teams like the Knicks taking that deal and I don't know I'd love anything they'd send back.

On the other hand, i we run it back, I'm for going back to having a big ... Or trading our whole supporting cast for a 3rd star and trying to salvage minimums to fill the holes (assuming that's what we'd have to do and if any teams are even willing). As much as I like Tuck, EG, and Covington, keeping them and basically running the whole squad back another year seems foolish, and I think these guys have enough value to be traded and flipped to another contender somewhere down the road.

jevjnd likes this.
  16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Is it? Woukd you rather be a fan of the Heat or the Knicks?

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Warriors, Mavs, Nuggets, Heat, Bucks, Blazers, Clippers > Rockets

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Forgot lakers

19. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Actually Houston needs to get one more big to join this team like cousins, Kevin love or Drummund.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Terrible poll, man. Anything where there's a poll and it's 4 options of what you want vs 1 option of making the other way look like (as a fan) you're bowing down to a player.. is a **** poll.

Think better. Produce better threads, polls and posts. That was weak AF. You know it was too. Don't be like that. Be real. Just start a thread demanding to trade Harden so we can know who you really are. No need for tricks.

We don't owe Harden anything by the way, and we're gambling on him still being the one to take us over the hump. And many of us believe Westbrook can be part of that journey without bowing down to anyone. This isn't a fork in the road, it's a tributary.

[​IMG]