1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Harden will demand a trade if Westbrook leaves the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Oct 18, 2020.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

k.
    got it.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Tilman is relatively new, even if you hate him. You can't blame ALL of the bad roster moves and failed trades on him. You can blame Westbrook on him (and Harden), but the culture was well established before him.

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol Westbrook is the environment of Harden. This is no secret or insider information. They knew this when they made the trade.

4. hakeemthagreat

I'm confused. What in that post wasn't true?

5. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

Right on cause at the end of the day it’s all about winning the Rockets need to think about the future and I feel like Harden need to be more mature about this situation if they can’t put the best team around him why waste his value when you can build a championship caliber team by packaging him and Westbrook both in separate deal win win for the organization

#65 Roxfan4lyfe, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Ramo$e likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Culture? Every team in the NBA does what we do, use analytics. They may execute it better but this toxic culture you guys keep trying to perpetuate is nonsense. Yes we can blame him for Westbrook. At what point do you cater you franchise to a star until it become damaging to the product? We can also blame him for being extra cheap. If he went all in with money to get real help instead of gambling on small ball we look more desirable to free agents. We can't blame him for all the bad roster moves but we can blame him for getting us stuck purgatory.

HP3 likes this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

i love harden, but i cant stand westbrick.. dude is stealing money. part of me truly believes he only got that contract from okc because he was loyal to them unlike KD. Westbrook is nowhere near a max player. he is like an anvil weighing our teams offensive ceiling down. How can Harden not see that he has to work 10x as hard to beat a team like the magic, pistons and bulls simply because westbricks ineffiency keeps other teams in games when harden sits. If the knicks intrest in westbrook is real and i believe ian begley is telling the truth because he has sources within the knicks brass. Then the rockets should take any deal the knicks offer

8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I agree, you can blame him. Along with Morey and Harden. Morey's coddling of Harden, and his precious philosophy, have been acting as a detriment to this franchise for much longer than Tilman has been around.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Harden and Morey failed when they couldn't get CP to go down. Problem is Harden is going to want Westbrook to make what he makes. Then Westbrook needs to go to another team and earn that max money. At some point Westbrook and Harden have to realize we can't keep bargain shopping for talent and expect to win.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  10. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

Right on bro I totally agree both they did the same with Clint too

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You mean like teams coddle Lebron and let him hand pick his teammates too. The difference is the franchise is the Rockets, that's it. What precious philosophy? The NBA as whole uses analytics. Lakers were peaking in the finals using small ball. So what philosophy? Morey didn't propose anything championship teams haven't used. It's the player/coach execution that is horrible. Bad decision making. Shooting heavily contested threes like their in NBA2k. It was definitely Tillman's bad decision to push the Westbrook trade to appease James. Morey did what he had to do to try and make it work with two ball dominant guards. By opening up the floor by trading Capela. At least CP3 could shoot. I blame Tilaman 100%

D-rock likes this.
  12. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I'll trade Westbrook in a heartbeat if I can get a 1st round draft pick and a middle of the road center with throw ins and dare Harden to say something about it... I wouldn't even trade him.. unless he's Beal..

13. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

This is exactly what I've been saying, the inmates are running the asylum. Let his butt demand a trade. We need to blow this thing up anyway. Lucas is too close to the situation and will not get the respect from Harden. Lucas is more of a players coach, not a serious and demanding NBA coach. We should have gotten Ty Lue when we had the chance. Let him go if he wants to go. Westbrook is not the player he use to be. Face it.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

There is no viable Harden Lebron comparison. For the record, Lebron is coddled and I don't like that either, but he is also arguably the 2nd greatest player of all time, and has an individual pedigree far superior to Harden's. Morey's philosophy did spread, but what the Lakers ran in the bubble was nothing like pure Moreyball or smallball. Yes, they took a lot of threes, but they also mixed in plenty of mid-range shots and post ups. I also don't buy that they played smallball by benching Dwert. They were playing a 6-10 center. They were not small like the rockets were small.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We need to trade Harden before he demands a trade and value tanks, its as simple as that.

This team is nowhere close to being a contender, has no upside, and no means to improve.

The time to sell is now.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

why you gotta say that beard? now we have to trade you and turtle to charlotte for schitt and picks.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Sure, and the earth is flat and vaccinations cause autism and any number of other absurd bullshit you believe.

18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Consider the possibility that the two choices in front of us are (a) bad or (b) worse.

Bad is continuing in this direction, with Harden dictating personnel decisions and preferring his own happiness day-to-day (playing iso, hogging the ball, playing with Westbrook) over making personnel or coaching moves that give us a better chance of improving the team.

Worse is dumping Westbrook at the price of also trading Harden, and trying to rebuild during a series of years in which we won't have first-round draft picks to compensate us for sucking. (I've forgotten what protections are on those picks and swaps. Maybe one of you kept notes on that.)

So, just to add a little more sunshine to your day: Maybe, for the next few years, bad is the best we can do.

JoeBarelyCares, Patience and Deuce like this.
  19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Trading harden for picks before he demands a trade is the best case scenario

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

NBA finals lol right now I just want to see a group of guys that play basketball the right and effective way. Trades may get us certain players that make sense for at least that right now. The current squad doesn't even have big men so c'mon.