1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Harden will demand a trade if Westbrook leaves the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Oct 18, 2020.

1. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

I don't speak up much, but I really don't understand the logic of people wanting Lucas as the coach, just because he's "great at developing players." Is he interviewing for other HC positions? Are we concerned with losing him? Why wouldn't we go for a Silas or a JVG, if we still keep Lucas on staff? Wouldn't he be playing the same role of developing players? On top of that, why do people think he'll continue to be just as good at that while also dealing with all the headaches of being HC?

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Then the rebuild starts. I love Harden I really do. He's a force we haven't seen in Houston since the days of dream. Letting him go will suck but at this point Westbrook's game is on such a decline that it would be impossible to trade him later in his career. If he was making bare minimum then I could understand but his contract is the max. Harden either gets with the program or leaves.

Crashlanded19, HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

There is no reason to hire him. No one else would. I’m just holding hope this stuff is all Harden just speaking up for his friend while allowing the best coach to be hired.

I think JVG would decline the job with Morey gone so Silas is the clear best of the three. Lucas has no reason to even want to coach. He wasn’t ever a great head coach and he’s more valuable as a mentor.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What
    The
    F*ck
    Ever

Don't believe it

Rocket River

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. rockets13champs

I do feel like Silas can make it work. Lucas just in my opinion I feel like he’ll let harden and Russ coach the team

treyk3 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would add Lakers, Clips, Nets, Celts and Heat.

RocketsFido and Caesar like this.
  7. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Yes... It would be the second coming of Bill O'Brien... In player form though...

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The problem is.....once he is there.
    They are not a dumpster anymore.

Rocket River

Nook, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

I expect more "rumors"' to come out from "insiders". If Harden is leaving because of WB leaving/getting traded then its because he knows he can't win here.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just get Harden to a contender. Get Russ back to OKC in a three team trade that gets CP3 to a contender as well.

Time to rebuild. I would like to try one more year but... its not looking good.

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Harden needs to explain to fans.

1 What is his natural desire to win in playoffs? Losing mentality is the biggest issues?

2. What is the best trade proposal to improve significantly? Trade Gordon?

3. How to defeat Lakers, Clippers and Warriors if Tilman doesn’t trade Westbrook?

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Why do people care so much about getting Harden to a contender. He's getting paid hundreds of millions of dollars. Where he goes should *only* depend on what gets the Rockets the most in return. The Rockets don't owe him anything. They have catered to his every need for years, on top of paying him ungodly sums of money.

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Morey made us a contender, trading for him when everyone thought he was a sixth man...Morey will be missed. Through Morey we didn’t have to go through the trash years of tanking games...Morey was legit...just wish we had more balance on threes and not just unload at the clip we did....

D-rock likes this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

More Tilman finger pointing. But Morey is the reason no free agents want to come here, the reason the team is among the highest in roster turnover, and ruined the heart of a champion reputation we've had since Rudy. He's also coddled Harden to the point he pouts when things don't go well.

The Rockets don't treat players or coaches with respect, and that's 100% Daryl Morey. Tilman is supposed 2 clean house

15. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I call BS.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This post makes too much sense. Negged.

thephatp likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Joke post, right?

BHannes2BHonest and Nook like this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Trade Harden while he still has value, if he has another bad year (by his standards) his value will drop and so will his remaining contract.

Westbrook is already turning into a negative contract and we gave up 4 picks (jc, painful to type) for him. Give him to the Knicks before he loses all his athleticism.

Crashlanded19 and Jontro like this.
  19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

the owner is only "devoted to james harden" because he knows if he leaves no one will buy tickets or support this franchise for a very long time.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and Nook like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Gasol is not playing in the nba anymore. He signed with Barcelona