1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official ALCS] Astros vs. Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 11, 2020.

1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Let's play a game. Let's guess (and I've already given everyone 2 batting averages with their corresponding hitter) our top 6 hitters batting averages for their postseason careers.

0.229, 0.236, 0.270, 0.269, 0.306 and 0.286.

Springer, Bregman, Altuve, Correa, Brantley and Yuli. Hint: 2 of these hitters are complete inning killers. And... GO!

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thank you boys for making this year exciting and distracting from most things. It went from low expectations to very high ones. It was a fun ride that ended cause we ran out of gas, but the cars still in great shape and will be up and running for another cross country trip. Here's to winning the gumball next year.

**** that fat pig ramona shelburne. That is all.

3. Major

Major Member

Morton is the opposite of an innings eater - he's been injured every year of his career except 2019. This year, he never once made it past the 5th inning.

That said, I'm assuming when you refer to signing a Morton type, you're talking about 2018-2019 top-10-type pitcher Morton or the playoff Morton, not the 4.5 ERA regular season version this year. Can you name any pitchers like that available this offseason for cheap deals?

The only one I can think of would be ... Morton, though I doubt he'd be interested in coming back to the Astros next year.

TWS1986 likes this.
  4. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Doesn't TB have a option for a 3rd year for Morton? I can't see them not picking it up. But I guess doesn't matter since you don't expect him to return. I wonder if he retires if his option isn't picked up, especially if he wins another World Series.

What are your thoughts on Ray. After his 2020 season, can't see teams offering him a big contract. Is he finished or just one or those 2020 seasons where players struggled. Maybe he signs a 1 year deal in hopes of a bounce back season and try his luck next off season. Can Strom fix him? Maybe Ray thinks Strom can fix him and settles for a cheap contract.

5. Major

Major Member

Ah - I didn't realize they had the 3rd year option on Morton. Yeah, there's no way they decline that.

I don't know much about Ray, but his numbers don't seem terribly impressive. He had one good season back in 2017 but otherwise seems anywhere from average to bad outside of striking out a crazy number of people. That said, Cole and Morton were similar, so who knows what Strom can do?

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

take away 2020 and Bregmans playoff numbers are good. 2020 weighs down all of these stats. He was mostly pretty damn clutch In the playoffs before this year.

everyday eddie and BigM like this.
  7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

What’d she say?

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I just cant get the bregman and yuli chokes outta my head.

had a real hard time with Brantleys nonchalant inning ending ground out in the 6th or 7th last night.

gurriel finally easily stroking a hit last night pissed me off. He had plenty of chances to do just that with men in scoring position all series long. If he comes through ONCE then last nights game doesn’t even exist.

Of course if Altuve only makes one child like error instead of 2, game 7 never happens either.

the pitching was phenomenal. We all had the gut feeling that Lance would not be ideal for a game 7 start and we were right. Still, shoulda won. Bregman and Gurriel pissed every opportunity away. Every single one.

everyday eddie and TWS1986 like this.
  9. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

I looked at her twitter and she wrote, the Astros were close. It's like they were missing that one extra thing.

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya verlander

BigM, King1 and punkoholic like this.
  11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Or maybe I've been saying that was stupid for years to let Morton go. He owned us last year too. He considered retirement over leaving the Astros, and he's CFM. But I guess I didn't care about him till last night. Alright buddy.

That's not the reason we lost the series, but I can't help but bring that up when he just skull ****ed us in game 7.

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I can't stand the Rays either. I'm petty like that.

But if push comes to shove sure, I'll have to root for that gimmick team to beat the Dodgers.

If the Braves win, I hope the Rays get swept and exposed.

everyday eddie likes this.
  13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Not sure bout yall but I slept pretty good last night. Houston proved their point pushing it to 7. Lets reload for next year

jiggyfly, King1, htwnbandit and 4 others like this.
  15. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Or Alvarez.

16. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

F*** that fat Cali b****!!

AWIN, BigM, King1 and 2 others like this.
  17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Or they were missing about a dozen things such as Cy Young pitchers, saves leader, ROY, most of their bullpen, etc... but no, it's the trash cans from 4 years ago, something that many groups have researched extensively and came to the same conclusion that the Astros hurt themselves more than they helped: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...2020-02-27/astros-cheating-analysis?_amp=true

18. AWIN

AWIN Member

or a footlong meatball sub that she was thinking about scarfing down for her tenth meal, I typically do not body shame but F that biatch

marks0223 and King1 like this.
  19. PhiSlammaJamma

Give Carlos the keys to the car. If he doesn't want them, so be it, but without Carlos this team will unravel. He's the glue. And the production.

everyday eddie and TWS1986 like this.
  20. Mr. Space City

King1, htwnbandit, AWIN and 1 other person like this.