1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All this talk about not being a Rockets fan anymore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 17, 2020.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No, but I'll add it. Hopefully when my mental state gets back to enjoying life, I'll put it on. For now the world is crazy, absolutely nuts.. and I can't focus on much other than a line or two of thinking. ..So clutchfans is perfect! Discussing what will happen with the team over the next few months? No thanks.. way too many variables to project how this pig'll fly later.

Edit: I'm a HUGE fan of Will Forte and it looks like he's on there after quick research

#81 don grahamleone, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Jontro and treyk3 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do need them though more often than not, they are top talents on rather cheap rookie contracts.

Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He just needs to start thinking about his team as a bet that people in Houston need to be enticed to take. Do a good job of enticing and you'll make money off all the people who enjoy placing their bets.

xiki likes this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You almost lost me with your coda. Almost...

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

D-rock, Easy, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This glosses over the fact that we now have our very own James Dolan. I will not be the equivalent of a Knicks fan.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Some of us are just further along in this process when it comes to Ferntits and our soon to be status as bargain Knicks.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’ll keep drinking the kool aid...

D-rock likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

...unless the new GM somehow performs a miracle and brings Isaiah Hartenstein back.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fake fans were never real fans
    So if there was me and you and 1000 fake fans on this thread ,
    There would be only two rockets fans
    It’s math
    It doesn’t matter who the owner is, we’re not rooting for crab legs vs the lakers
    We’re rooting for the rockets

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's funny because I remember a couple months ago there was a huge thread with posters here talking about how if Morey is gone, they won't be a Rocket fan any longer.... and I still see those same posters here even after Morey is gone. :rolleyes:

All talk no bite, basically sums up the Tilman Rockets.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's hard to just stop being a fan. People do gradually lose interest. You can see that some of the older posters here aren't as enthusiastic as in the past. In fact, even Clutch is not as visible now. (He has not yet posted anything about Morey leaving. That's unthinkable just a few years ago.) There are lots of reasons for that. When you grow older, many things in life change, priorities, family, job, etc. And interest in sports is one of the things in life that may change. If you add the changes that happen with the team, some people don't like the changes and feel that it's harder and harder to root for the team.

I lost interest to the NFL after the Oilers moved away. I rooted for the Titans for a while. And when most of the original Oilers faded one by one, I didn't care about the NFL anymore. I still root for all Houston teams. But I don't really care much about the Texans.

YOLO and Plowman like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You don’t have to look for a way. Just do it.

Meanwhile, go eat a donut.
    Golly, that sounds a bit perverse.

;-)

D-rock likes this.
  14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Can still be a Rockets fan and at the same time be unhappy with the direction the organization is going. I'll still tune in but see less reason to be enthusiastic about being contenders for the foreseeable future. Maybe Tillman sells the Rockets to a real billionaire like Michael Dell within the next year or two and even then the rebuilding process will likely be a handful of years.

What I do expect, assuming Harden stays, is to be a competent 50ish win team even with a gutted roster that will get eliminated in the first or second round of the playoffs for the next 3 or 4 seasons. Russ and Harden will still have their moments in the regular season and will come out strong in game 1 of a playoff series.

Rashmon likes this.
  15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lol "real fans" suck a dick. You cant guilt me into watching a team led by tilmen, tilmen jr and john lucas. If you cant find a better way to waste your time, good for you. Keep it to yourself

16. Vik

Vik Contributing Member

I've had season tickets for 10 years. I cancelled them on Thursday.

It's impossible to stop being a fan -- I have a lifetime emotional baggage. That said, I'm terrified that I'm just a Knicks fans from the early 2000s when Dolan took the reins. I'm not looking forward to 2040, when I'll be the equivalent of a 2020 era Knicks fan.

Williamson, AroundTheWorld and HP3 like this.
  17. lionaire

lionaire Member

I wish some posters on this board would honestly stop being fans. Constantly moaning and whining and hating. Holding members of the org to a higher standard then they hold themselves even. As if the Rockets owe them anything.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Me a few days ago: "Man, Tilman still here and Morey gone. I've been a Rockets fan since '71, but this really makes me wonder if I should find a new team."

My buddy from Dallas: "Dude, get on the Mavs' train! Mark Cuban! Luka the next MVP! The unicorn! Rick F%$king Carlisle!"

Me: "Actually, I'm good. Thanks for talking sense into me."

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea man...we’re holding Tilman to a crazy HIGH standard. You should tell morey this too. He left millions of dollars and his brainchild of 15 years to get away from this. Keep your judgemental pos opinions to yourself. If Tillman thinks he can run this org by cutting corners just to make money with his son in charge he’ll know that suckers like you are in the minority. We demand better. Daryl demanded better

YOLO, D-rock and jerryclark like this.
  20. lionaire

lionaire Member

You had the audacity to compare Jimmy Butler to Harden. Please do not speak to me chicken boy,

D-rock and HP3 like this.