1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Have Hired 12 New GMs!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Just heard via USA Today that the players are going to vote on who is the next coach for the Rockets. What a moronic concept designed to remove blame from the ownership for going the absolute cheapest and worst route of picking John Lucus. This organization, since Tilman, always plays the fans as absolute dumb#%^ fools.

Nelly, dachuda86, Jontro and 8 others like this.
  2. jacoby

jacoby Member

Link?

Even if this is true, Harden could be the one player who votes against the majority and he would get his way since he's the only guy on the roster that matters.

amaru and HP3 like this.
  3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

when you have a new gm that has zero gm experience, the owner and his son don't know what they are doing, yes i know Morey act as consultant, but will they listen?

4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

it's stupid idea if true, the players didn't join them in the interview, they don't know much about the candidates

saleem, Jontro and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  5. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Yep! Saw a report that the smartest man in the room (Morey) wanted to keep CP3 while Harden and Fertits wanted to sell our future for Russell Westbrick. I see why Morey wanted out of this nonsense. I’ll never forgive Les for selling the team to Dolan Jr

6. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I’m so happy Danuel house has a say in our next head coach.

dachuda86, clos4life, Jontro and 9 others like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think it's pretty common for organizations to get star input on coaching decisions. Doesn't mean I like it though. But it makes sense on some level. Your franchise is teetering on death; the last thing you want is to alienate your stars.

HP3 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would like to watch another round of horny house.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Let's be real. The only person who has a real say is Harden.

AroundTheWorld and amaru like this.
  10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

He probably likes Lucas, but he’s leaving the door open to all candidates.

jacoby and BigShasta like this.
  11. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Do they get a say in picking a new owner?

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't believe it. Harden certainly has input. That's assuming Fertitta cares about his input. A large assumption.

amaru likes this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What are you talking about? Nobody is happy about his this. I haven't supported Tilman since he bought the the team. Also why are you dogging Rockets fans dude? Like we have a choice at what they do? All we can do is not support it. What exactly is he doing that is fooling us? You know something that we don't know about? Most people on this board know more about this team than he does. You can support this glorified Francis and Mobley era but I'm not. I don't need a Westbrook jersey if we not wining period. Tilman is a broke loser, of course they will hire Lucas he has no other choice to keep his start happy. If he loses them he will really lose money. At least when we were competitive some fans would buy merchandise.

D-rock likes this.
  14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Tilman painted himself into a corner by ousting MDA and Morey. That not only made us worse but upset harden and rus. now to appease them they have to hire Lucas which makes us even worse, or hire JVG/Silas which probably further upsets harden/rus and may lead to trade requests.

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Makes them feel they have empowerment sneaky move by Tillman. At the end of day Tillman and his sons hold the cards. Harden will give approval... they all know Westbrook doesn't fit.

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Well over half of these players won’t be on the roster to be coached by whomever they pick anyway. What would be the point of getting their input?

BallSoHarden likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

OP starts one idiotic thread after another.

D-rock, HP3, Ramo$e and 1 other person like this.
  18. SORF

SORF Member

Wow, I have never seen such frenzy as this board right now. You're obsessing over things that you have no control over. Just sit back and see what happens.

Go Astros...win tonight. Rocket fans need a diversion.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Clippers did the same thing, they offered PG and Kawhi final say on the coaching hire, they said they will give input but didn't want to make the final decision.

20. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Read by idiots like you!