1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official ALCS] Astros vs. Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 11, 2020.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Oh I know. Had it ready when they were losing tonight. Anything can happen and wouldn't be surprised if they end up going to the WS. They are the best team in baseball this season, but anything can happen.

Rock Block and STR8Thugg like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

The Rays will most likely start Charlie Morton tomorrow, with most everyone other than Snell available.

joshuaao, davidio840, awc713 and 4 others like this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

It's funny how when I watch other games (like 7-3 Dodgers right now), I am basically conceding the Dodgers victory. We are up 7-1 and I'm cursing up a storm bc we couldn't add more runs with the bases loaded.

We could be up 15-0 like LA was in game 3 and I would still be nervous. Playoff baseball is the most extreme, gut wrenching, thrilling, insane, ridiculous sport ever conceived.

joshuaao, RKREBORN, gatsby and 6 others like this.
  4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

5. STR8Thugg

Fair enough. I don't know how the pitching lines up in the next two NLCS games, but I would probably bet the Braves find a way to take one of them. The problem is if they lose tomorrow, then the tension of game 7 could get to them. Then again, LA hasn't exactly had a history of being clutch with this core.

It's fun watching other baseball games lol. When I am watching the Astros and we have a lead, I can't even enjoy the game, I'm literally just rooting for it to be over so I can relax that W.

The Real Shady likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

Thank you.

7. STR8Thugg

Jomboy is a tool, but that was actually funny AF. I approve of the clip.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Jeff Passan wrote this tonight

"After becoming the first Major League Baseball pitcher to make his starting debut in a postseason game, Minter struck out seven Los Angeles Dodgers over three innings, the most ever in a playoff outing of three or fewer innings, starter or reliever."

He neglected to mention that Valdez struck out 7 in 3 innings before Minter did.

9. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Just proud we fought back. Bregs gets all the voodoo for tomorrow, proud of this team! Y’all the only family I got, I love the 54th!!! Let’s go!!!!

Rodman23, Marteen and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

11. Nook

Nook Member

Go eat a bag of dicks you filthy ***** licking tranny ****

12. dannah

dannah Member

Tanyon Sturtze was a member of the 2004 Yankees

"We knew Game 7 was going to be tough for us and it was over real quick," said Sturtze, referencing Boston's six-run lead in the second inning. "Hopefully they start talking about this one more than us in 2004. You tell the Astros that Tanyon says to win so we won't have to be the only ones mentioned for blowing a 3-0 lead."

So Tanyon says WIN IT ASTROS !

13. dannah

dannah Member

Bill Mueller, a member of that 2004 Red Sox club that eventually went on to win the World Series

"I hope the Astros do it because it's a wonderful feeling. You want other people to feel such an accomplishment. That's something that will never go away in your legacy. It's pretty special."

I guess there are some people outside of Houston rooting for the Astros

14. dannah

dannah Member

"This is the biggest victory in all of my career," Baker said in Spanish. "I am so happy for all of the Astros. We have many people behind us now, but I want to be even happier [after Game 7]."

Please, please, let Game 7 be the biggest victory of your career.

15. dannah

dannah Member

There are a lot of MVPs on this team, Valdez, Springer, Correa, Maldonado...

16. dannah

dannah Member

It's called hypocrisy. They they had to signe Springer & Correa to win a title they would do it in a heartbeat.

everyday eddie and BigM like this.
  17. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Dodgers will have extra motivation against us. Do not want to face them if we advance. However, If we’re going to win the WS then I’d rather go through the Dodgers. That’d be sweet,

18. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Any clips of the Maldanado bunt? Massive play.

Htown Legend likes this.
  19. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Sometimes Clutchfans is Crutchfans for us Houston sports fans in pain but it’s been a hell of a ride.

Htown Legend and Clutch City1993 like this.
  20. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

All the pressure is on TB. All of it.