1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Silas will have second interview Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Does Dell want an NBA team? I thought his group invested in or bought a soccer team at some point. Hell, he may move them to Austin. lol. Of course Ellison may try to move them to California since he's a California guy -- he actually should've won the Warriors back when he was bidding for them.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Silas is the clearly the best option right now. Perfect balance of players coach and strategic coach that earns respect because he knows his ****.

3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

The NBA is a progressive league, but just eight of its 30 head coaching positions are occupied by Black coaches. I don't mind Harden and Westbrook using their influence to get the coach that fits their vision for the team, a vision can include more than just running the offensive system that they want to play.

fckbandwagons and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I hope Dell does. Heck I'd be happy getting a free Dell labtop instead of chick fil a !

5. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Silas looks interesting. I'm digging the new approach. Go Rockets!

6. HP3

HP3 Member

What new approach? We are going to hire the cheapest candidate for a guy who is great but is clearly not qualified. We also have almost no maneuverability and people are banking on us using the full MLE when that's not going to happen. Its very likely we arent getting him. This hasnt been a good approach at all.

D-rock likes this.
  7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

So many butt hurt fans here.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I hope they hire Silas.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope this man has knocked it out of the ballpark. If Douchebag forces JVG down Rocket's throats again I'll make Tilman choke on a long fat dirty hairy one!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

What would be the price difference btween Lucas and Silas. I don’t think Silas demands a ton of money

12. BeardedWonder

BeardedWonder Member

Berman just tweeted they’ll consult with the players on the candidates, pretty safe to say they’ll push hard for Lucas unfortunately.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hope Harden reads this.

lionaire and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Silas has a lot more experience on the offensive side of the ball. He is extremely progressive on offense and adjusts well. There are concerns on the defensive side so the Rockets would need an associate coach to handle the defense. I don’t know how long Lionel Hopkins contract is with LA, but he is very good at defense and very close to Silas because he was close to Silas’ dad.

joshuaao, Deuce, saleem and 2 others like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas worked for Steve Clifford so I'm sure his defensive knowledge is much better than we think.

joshuaao, Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Interesting

17. Nook

Nook Member

MDA also was the primary defensive coach last year... the team didn’t take to Turner’s defense and MDA took over a lot of it. MDA has faults and flaws but he worked hard on the Rockets defense.

joshuaao, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

That is a good point. I don’t know what his level of true ability on the defensive side is... I just know that when the Rockets interviewed him years ago, his defensive experience was what held him back

joshuaao, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I had a panic attack because I thought we were talking about former Hornets head coach Paul Silas, now 77 years old. That age is far too old to start a new jobiden. Fortunately we're talking about his son!

GOOD DAY

D-rock likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Alexander wants JVG gone. After the season ended JVG said he wasn’t sure he wanted to coach again. Morey tried to get JVG to join the front office if he didn’t want to coach. In the interim the Rockets interviewed Adelman. JVG decided he wanted to coach again but Les already had decided on Adelman.

Morey and JVG have always gotten along.

joshuaao, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.