1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We get it, you and 7, maybe 8 other people still prefer outdated LED technology. The "Q" is just marketing. Q90 seems like a fine TV though. @tinman this guy might want your old Sony lamp tv.

tinman likes this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did you even read my entire post or just get triggered?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

BOTH!

arkoe likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I get that you and tinman like to be little troll b**ches, but at least stop the childish crap when someone is asking for advice on a 1-3k TV.

You even list sites like rtings yourself but then call me a liar or biased when stating technical facts like color representation, where a 2minute look will give you numbers like:

Q9FN
    Normalized DCI P3 Coverage ITP
    92.0 %
    10,000 cd/m² DCI P3 Coverage ITP
    61.3 %

LG BX:
    Normalized DCI P3 Coverage ITP
    82.5 %
    10,000 cd/m² DCI P3 Coverage ITP
    38.0 %

Q9FN:
    Normalized Rec 2020 Coverage ITP
    72.0 %
    10,000 cd/m² Rec 2020 Coverage ITP
    47.9 %

LG BX:
    Normalized Rec 2020 Coverage ITP
    73.8 %
    10,000 cd/m² Rec 2020 Coverage ITP
    34.2 %

And a closing statement like:
    "The Q9FN has great color volume. It is able to produce very bright and very dark colors, across its entire color gamut. It is much similar to the 2017 QLEDs, and much better than the LG C7, B7A and C8."
    The 2020 LG models are even worse than the mentioned C7&8 in three out of those four categories, so don't come up with an excuse.

Things like these can easily be measured, but you and tinman repeat total biased crap from OLED forums (you even parrot the "qled is just a marketing gimmick" "nothing beats oled" etc phrases) or a bad review from DF which didn't do any measurings and even said OLED has better color representation, which is just plain objectively wrong.
    And it's also obvious you didn't even read the rtings reviews you yourself linked here in order to make a point.

So cut the crap if you don't have an understanding of the two technologies&their tech measurements and are just here to jack yourself off with tinman in regards to how you two have OLED and the rest here are peasants.

FranchiseBlade and tinman like this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I said Q90 is a fine TV and even recommended it in certain scenarios.

I don't need to fantasize over numbers that don't necessarily mean anything to the human eye. I looked at the TVs in person before deciding. By focusing on peak brightness, burn-in and viewing clarity in a bright room, you sound like someone who has never actually seen a modern OLED TV in person. This isn't 2015. Once you see the contrast between a bright object vs dull or less bright object on screen in OLED, there's no going to QLED, Samsung's slightly but assuredly inferior TV.

Here's what the pros say. The best in the biz: https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1566209962

I actually feel sorry for you for purchasing the lesser TV, but imagine you paid less for it, so that's good for you.

tinman likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I literally said I've spent weeks with relatives who have a high-end OLED, but I know you don't read anything actually and just talk nonsense.

Neither did you ever reply to any of my numerous pros and cons in several posts which go far beyond brightness, because it's obvious you don't know anything about the topic really and just parrot points and phrases that would come up as the top comments in a "fuqq qled Xd" thread on an OLED Board.

And someone who by own admission decided in-store with uncalibrated models shouldn't talk smug.

Also, the hdtvtest shootout voting isn't done by experts and many of the attendees don't even have a basic understanding of tech terms and references, you can easily look up comments from people who attended and heavily criticized the event.
    But falls in line with you and tinman simply seeing the name Digital Foundry and thinking things automatically have value.

The annual QLEDs are also more expensive than LG in my region, but thanks again for you and tinman's embarrassingly condescending comments.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers
    [​IMG]

NON 99ers
    [​IMG]

Ziggy likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

QLEDs are great

they are perfect for the guestroom
    @Ziggy

Ziggy likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Oh I remember it! Thanks again my brother!

Ziggy and tinman like this.
  12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Get an oled and never look back. Bought a B9 last year and it’s the best tv I’ve ever owned. If you’re worried about price Vizio just came out with their own OLED line. Reviews seems to be good except people don’t like the OS.

Ziggy likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

B9 - once you factor in price, widely regarded as one of the best TVs of all time.

14. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thank you for the input, I appreciate it.

This tv will be for the game room / small theater room; so it is dark. It is mainly for me, watching Astros/Rockets/MLB Network, as well as South Park and a few other shows. But mainly, it will be for the new consoles. I log onto the xbox almost nightly, and will get in 2-4 hours, and also use the xbox for Netflix and Hulu and what not.

I do like to keep my things as long as possible, and run it to the ground. If I can get 7-10 years, then I am sure I will be perfectly happy with it. That is also why I would want to future-proof it as much as possible (understanding that with technology, that isn't much), but it does open up the importance for something like HDMI 2.1 or whatever.

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

This is helpful, thank you! I will not be using it as a PC monitor, mainly for gaming, and also watching live sports.

16. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Appreciate it.

tinman likes this.
  17. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

So looking at some TVs I'm seeing a "Motion Rate 120, 240..." Is that just something to make the consumer believe they are getting a higher refresh rate when it is really a 60hz? A way to hide the refresh rate?

We need a Current/Next Gen TV thread..

tinman likes this.
  18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Correct. There’s a lot of misleading advertising when it comes to TVs like motion rate and Samsung calling their TVs QLED when it’s just an LED tv.

Blatz likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

Lots of fake refresh rates
    Software used to do this
    Best thing to do is read rtings.com

Ziggy and Blatz like this.
  20. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Currently have an LG 75"UHD 4K replaced my 60" Sony that is now in my bedroom. The LG has better picture and darks than the Sony, but doesn't play well with my Sony ES 3100 receiver. I have been looking at 85" sets for the new place and will move the LG into the media room that the kids will primarily use. From what I have read here it seems the Samsung is the best bet and much less than a new Sony 85" XBR-85X950H I have been looking at.

I had paradigm reference in wall speakers with a 7.2 set up in the old house I was very happy with and am now seriously considering Definitive UIW reference series in a 5.2 in a set up for the new house.

Curious on any input you genius audiophiles could provide.

Thanks in advance.

tinman likes this.