1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump won tonight’s debate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

2. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

"Do you disavow Qanon?"
    "Did you test for Covid before tonight's town hall?"

These questions are LAYUPS and the president's supporters are whining that he didn't get a fair shake. With minimal preparation Trump could have had a lovely evening batting away the usual (and very predictable!) lines of questioning but keeps hitting himself in the crotch over and over again with a bowling ball because he repeats obviously stupid lies ("I don't remember when I tested" "I know nothing about Qanon").

What I mean by stupid lies is, he could actually choose a different tack on his lying, answer questions succinctly (honestly or not), and move on. Instead he says "I don't know" over and over, which is obviously a lie and he gets called out and he throws a tantrum getting called out.

God help us all when a demagogue with half a brain starts scooping up these millions of gullible, scared white people.

Deckard, RayRay10, Lar and 12 others like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

This is a good point. The President screwing up lay up questions does not make it an unfair or hard Q&A for the President.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. AB

AB Contributing Member

I don't understand the notion that media is tough with Trump. Why are people missing the point that he is leading them to that point.
    Ex. Do you denounce conspiracy theories. Yes, I do. Game over.

But he takes them thru a twisted roller coaster with disconnected answers and exposes himself even further. What is media supposed to do?

The discussion is always around what he said and it is very contemporary( not something he said years ago. it is as new as few moments before)

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rick Santorum in the followup of the first debate said why Trump has such a hard time disavowing QAnon and the Proud Boys. He really hates criticizing those who support him. He loves their adulation and even if they are extreme and possibly harmful to his overall campaign he doesn't want to risk losing any of that love.

In many ways he's the anti-John McCain who saw his position as not just going along with his supporters but that it was his job to lead them and even correct them when he thought they were wrong.

RayRay10, NewRoxFan, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  6. Dubious

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Exactly I have heard for years them railing on blacks for always claiming the victim and how you can do anything you want in america through hard work and determination ( pulling yourself up by the bootstraps) yet here we are now blaming any and everything for their problems.

That has actually been the biggest surprise through all of this.

Also the constant playing of the race card which was so verboten prior to 2008.

Obama really broke america or at least exposed it.

RayRay10, dmoneybangbang and mdrowe00 like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't anything about Q anon.

Just a lot about who does not like Pedophilia.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People already forgotten he brought in Alex Jones and the Infowars crowd his first year.

Now QAnon is out crazying those ****ers and it's suddenly a big deal because we're a few days away from elections and Donny still can't get his presidential act together.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Well White heterosexual Christian (specifically Protestant) men are the most oppressed group in America.. :eek:

RayRay10, Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  11. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Biden got the typical, predictable "wedge" questions which he obviously prepared for. Off the top of my head there was the young progressive black man who threw the "you ain't black" gaffe in Biden's face and challenged him to convince him to vote for him. There was the question on fracking from someone who was clearly against it; this is another center vs left wedge issue. Biden answered both patiently an in great detail; if anything, he was too long-winded.

If he had angrily reacted "how dare you ask me these questions? Unfair!" then he would have come off as petulant and weak and unable to handle the obvious confrontations that are expected in these situations.

If he had diverted from answering with obvious lies ("I don't know anything about x...) and was challenged on it, and then threw a fit because he was called out on his lies....

He'd come across like the president did.

12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your also overlooking that he actually agrees with the Proud Boys and believes a lot of the Q stuff.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Honestly I have no idea what he actually thinks of the Proud Boys or Q. It wouldn't surprise me if a Woodward tape comes out of him calling them crazy. What matters though is he won't criticize them.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I was mostly watching the Stros game but the parts that I did watch I thought he handled himself well. He did get pretty long winded at times and it was one of those where I thought if Stephanopoulis had a clock to limit his answers to two minutes he would've done better but overall from what I saw he did well.

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Cause maybe he is a ****tard?

RayRay10 and Major like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What did he say about the you aint black question?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did anyone notice the black chic who was agreeing enthusiastically with Trump about everything over his left shoulder?

I kept thinking how much is she getting paid.

I also think Trump was really into Savanna, he creepily kept saying we should be on the same side while giving her a come hither look. It was kinda like a guy that keeps hitting on a chic who obviously is not into them but wants to be nice and continue a conversation.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Biden has bigger TV number 12.7 mil to 10.4 mil.

Sad.

#38 Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he agrees Proud Boys need to standby and QAnon need to be heard

not sure why Trump thinking they're crazy matters

RayRay10 and dookiester like this.
  20. Dubious

Trump doesn't believe anything. He just says the things that get the biggest reaction, negatively from the Libs and positively from his base. It's his nature as a self promoter.

The Q Score (popularly known as Q-Rating) is a measurement of the familiarity and appeal of a brand, celebrity, company, or entertainment product (e.g., television show) used in the United States. The higher the Q Score, the more highly regarded the item or person is, among those who are aware of the subject.

RayRay10 likes this.