1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Stepping Down!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Oct 15, 2020.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Of course he is... Dont be so patronizing. My issue is your acting like you were a fly on the wall because of that one quote. And assuming thats why Morey decided to quit.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's proof and has been posted over and over. Do yourself a favor and do some research rather than posting assumptions

HP3 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

your issue is you're too dumb to realize you've been completely wrong. You think that's the only thing out there regarding the summer of 2019. it isn't. you're obviously over your head here and completely lost on everything.

tf are you talking about. you keep trying to tell people everyone else wanted westbrick. When in reality it was tilman who pushed the decision. You were given verbatim and you still try to find some gimmick way out of it. like the above poster said tilman can piss in your mouth and you'd think it's lemonade

4. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

He's said that before right? Who was it?

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Mr. assets saying a player is safe doesnt mean anything to me... And yes i originally said if you wanna blame someone blame Harden!

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Ujiri has been GM of the Raptors since 2013. They made the playoffs only twice in the decade before he took over. They've been an extremely solid team ever since, even after Kawhi outright left them in free agency. His legacy there is not defined by one year of Kawhi Leonard. The championship was just the culmination of several years of good decision making, both in terms of roster management and coaching. Toronto has good young players on their team right now, cap space next year, and have control of all of their first round picks. That's just good management. And the players around the league respect him. I think they're contenders for Giannis.

Plus, GMs need to be able to take advantage of other GMs bad luck. Morey's tenure would have looked very different if not for the Harden trade, which happened because OKC was extremely cheap and refused to give Harden $4M extra dollars on his extension. Our team wasn't even the first trade target, GS refused to trade Klay to them while Washington refused to trade Beal. We lucked out, but Morey was good enough to put us in that position to win a trade.

joshuaao and MettaWorldPete like this.
  7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

And your to dumb to realize we never won anything with Morey anyway.

1Deep and PeterKingX like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. I just realize who the idiots are. tilman and you're right there with him

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

You're an idiot! Look i can name call to... Grow up and learn to have a conversation without reverting into a caveman.

1Deep likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

there comes a time when you're just pass that point and you have to call a spade a spade. you reached that point from the posts above. yeah its that bad.

11. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texans need a GM so...

In all seriousness, where ever Darnel Mawry lands in the NBA, that team will be my 2nd favorite team in the league. I'm a big DM fan.

Rashmon and Butterfingers like this.
  12. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

13. MettaWorldPete

i’m with you, Masai is one of the best, if not the best, GMs. My only point is even for him, he had to get lucky w Leonard.

MrButtocks likes this.
  14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Im so grateful we have the elite minds of the basketball universe right here on clutchfans. Thanks for trying to enlighten me and my tiny little brain i will refrain from trying to engage with you further sir.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

good. you're an embarrassment to the board. work on posting better

K-Low_4_Prez likes this.
  16. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

No need to be a dick when a guy asks honest question

#496 RustyHarden, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  17. deshen

deshen Member

That is proof that Morey proposed that trade and discussed with Tilman, and Tilman made the final decision to go for it. Exactly I thought it should be in my last reply. For trade that size, owners have to make the final decision.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah when you ignore what's literally being told infront of you and continue to just act dumb that's just what it is

RustyHarden likes this.
  19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Nah man honestly im good there is a reason i stopped coming around here so much and i think im remembering why...

Ima just end it with a Go Rockets!

Hopefully thats something we can all agree on.

RustyHarden likes this.
  20. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

ROCKETS are the new Sacramento KINGS . BAHAHAHAHAHA FUC. K. The rockets and cry baby James