1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How is your voting experience?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Oct 13, 2020.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Mrs. B-Bob and I just dropped our completed, signed and sealed ballots off at an outdoor facility San Francisco is running near city hall. Pretty easy. Took maybe 5 minutes. Feel very fortunate.

#41 B-Bob, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Yung-T, boomboom and Xerobull like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Well, la-di-da

B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Republicans in Texas hate convenience.

Buck Turgidson, TWS1986 and Xerobull like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My stepbrother Paul wanted to know if I voted so that he can go vote. Cancel out my vote.

When I lived in Iowa, it was the same thing. My dad would call: "Did you vote?" "Of course." "Godd***it! Now I gotta go vote to cancel yours."

In any case, there's another thread on this somewhere but we voted nice and easy, 12 minutes in line, tops. My wife was the only person we could see who was made to lower her mask so they could make sure she matched her drivers license, but that's what she gets for voting while brown in 77024.

malakas, B-Bob and TWS1986 like this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'll be canceling out my wife's vote and vice versa. Kinda stinks, but such is life when you're on different ends of the political spectrum.

6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I voted this afternoon on day 1 of early-voting in NC. Total breeze. Safety protocols were excellent--distancing, masks everywhere, shields for workers, etc. I was in and out in about twenty minutes.

This is perhaps the most important election in the history of the world. Vote!!!

Yung-T and B-Bob like this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I voted in the west Houston area around lunch. Took about 10 minutes in total.

the voteharris website is pretty accurate for wait times. Also heard Toyota center drive through voting is super fast.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's not okay, and I'm sorry to read it.
    I'm not saying "suprised," but still.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I was thinking about that before I showed up, whether I’d have to pull my mask down but forgot about it through the process. I didn’t see anyone being asked to take their mask down and I wasn’t either. Granted there was only about 10 people in there.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My wife and I were talking about this again a little while ago on our way back from Phoenicia downtown. "Maybe the lady asked other people after me to pull down their masks......." Then we started laughing. "Nope, honey, you were probably the only one."

But that's affluent white America for you. They have no self-awareness in this. Me, I look like a pro golfer with the Indiana Jones-ish hat I often wear (but only to block direct sunlight from my head).

When we were in Cozumel, when we were walking down that main drag along the waterfront, all the shop owners were yelling my new names at me: "Amigo!" "My friend!" (In Chichen Itza, they spoke at me in Portuguese when I ignored them, thanks to the Neymar jersey I was wearing.) When my wife was walking alone on that same street while I was reading in the hotel? They never said a word to her. Stared, sure, but brown = no money.

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  11. swedish-olajuwon

I hope you guys are smart enough to not vote for Darnell Trump

Yung-T, Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  12. swedish-olajuwon

I am not american, I have only been to New York once and it was a god damn transit flight. I got in to Canada and stayed there for weeks without no problem, the transit flight to NY was a mess though.

I am swedish, I was asked if I have ever been a part of terrorist activities and I mishead the question and said "yes" with a god damn smirk on. I thought the officer asked whether "I have been a part of activites" and I was like super positive since I have been in all kind of activities. I got ****ed over to say the least. I can't even guess how it is under Darnell Trump, that son a b****.

13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Dropped off my ballot in a legit ballot box on October 10th. Got a text that it was received earlier today.

[​IMG]

malakas and Xerobull like this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

delete dupe...site is wonky right now...RIP Morey years

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Wife, son and I were in and out in 10 minutes Williamson County. No waiting.

Interestingly, the online map showed a 46+ minute wait...

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We have our ballots ready, having finally received them in the mail on Tuesday, and had originally intended to mail them in, but won’t due to the assault by the trump administration on the Post Office. Instead, we’ll drop them off at the one early voting ballot box allowed in Travis County to serve it’s over one million citizens.

Calling the need to worry about the integrity of the US Post Office outrageous is an understatement. Being faced with well over an hour driving from our house and then waiting in line due to the blatant act of voter suppression by the Governor of Texas has us royally pissed off. We are angry Texans, but hell will freeze over before we’re stopped from voting.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mine was super easy. I voted by mail. Our state has the ability for us to check when our vote is counted. We can track out our own ballot. No lines, no wait, voting made easy.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I tried to go before lunch. Line was super long so I left. Its crazy how packed these polls are. I can't imagine how long lines will be on election day.

Why can't Texas just do mail in ballots. Such a waste of time standing in line.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

well dam. wat did they do to you breh?

tinman likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who did you vote for your favorite member of Black Pink?