1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Lucas gaining momentum to be next Rockets Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Lucas is a joke. Honestly. It's been 26 years since he last had a winning record as a head coach. A lot of our current players weren't even ALIVE the last time he won as a head coach. I'm sure he's a great guy and all, but this would really be scraping the very bottom of the barrel level stuff if they decide to go that way. Being a good "life coach" doesn't mean you are cut out to be an actual head coach in the NBA.

bmelo and D-rock like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

We arent. And if we do, they arent going to be good trades. Our move maker is gone. As soon as Lucas got some steam it was AFTER Morey resigned.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

BraBra mentioned Lucas weeks ago even before Marc stein or whoever broke the news

lloyde8 and HP3 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOOOL Imagine thinking HP3 isn't a dumbass.

A full 2 1/2 weeks before the national media said he was an "emerging candidate"; a full month ahead where he (said he) was endorsed by the players.

September 16: Rockets will interview John Lucas. Players would be happy with Lucas.
    October 5: John Lucas an emerging candidate for Rockets job.
    October 15: Harden/Westbrook/Stone endorse Lucas

But sure, dumbass HP3 knows better.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.ph...rviewed-by-daryl-morey-for-hc-vacancy.307350/

Dacamel, clos4life and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

. Lucas has been part of the organization. Everyone knows he’s a players coach. Omg breaking news. No not really

HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea and we hadnt heard about him in weeks until AFTER Morey had resigned that's what im saying.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL and then you handt heard ANYTHING for 2 and half weeks until AFTER Morey was gone.Lue and JVG were the top candidates and NOW suddenly Lucas is back in the picture. If you arent even going to be good at posting news here, what's left, your bad takes?

Like this dude didnt even have the guts to quote me directly XD

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We better start thinking of some top notch assistants to pair with Lucas.

And I doubt it will be assistants who will be making a lateral move.

D-rock and sirjesse like this.
  9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

it’s John Lucas. We getting Roy Tarpley from beyond the grave and Delonte West via Cuban Uber?

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

CF wants more accountability from HC and FO.

Loss of MDA, loss of Morey and the hire of Lucas would move team toward LESS accountability.

Players LOVE Lucas because he holds no one accountable - part of his greatness as human being and player development coach is his compassion, infinite patience and giving players who screw up umpteenth chances.

This evidenced by Lucas forgiving House and wanting him to return.

Rockets will be taking not one step backwards, not 2 step backwards but a dozen steps backwards.

Stone may have analytics background but he is a rook combined with Lucas who shrugs off losing AND is not known for winning basketball nevermind for creative in game adjustments, get ready for a shitstorm of epic proportions.

If House is indeed traded for Bamba, I will reevaluate.

Stone needs to prove me wrong.

stilldr34amin' and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think ya got a guy the players know they can walk all over who can be had on the cheap...
    vs a guy that would bring a much needed level of authority and accountability...

Morey leaving just reinforces my belief that JVG should be the guy...

its not about x's and o's - its about creating a culture... like Pops in SA...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Yessir! I believe in BraBra

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Totally agree with you.

That's exactly what I will expect next year, if JVG will be hired, the locker room will be a mess with players pointing fingers.

If Lucas will be hired, it will be a **** show on the court and then players wont give a fork because they know they are going to the Men's club right after that.

14. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

81% of NBA players are black. But this isn't because GMs going out of their way to draft and sign black players. They try to get the best players period.

However as of right now AFAIK, the number of black NBA head coaches is like 15%. Yes I know people say hire the "best" and so on regardless of race. But don't tell me that the "best" are more often than not overwhelmingly white. There are definitely great white head coaches but also lots of mediocre to bad ones. And when mediocre retread white coaches keep getting rehired and lots and lots of great black candidates get passed by, there is the perception that white owners and GMs want and prefer white coaches (maybe subconsciously) over black candidates and that coaching and executive ranks are still a good old boys club and blacks aren't being given a fair shake.

I mean okay I understand people saying maybe Lucas isn't that best choice. But then who is being suggested instead? A retread like JVG???

As to who give a ****, black people do.

15. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Lucas is going to get back on coke if he takes this job!

16. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

I saw somewhere, Silas has a second interview this week

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. macan

macan Member

John Lucas is players friend..he's not the tactical coach we need in the playoffs
    if Tilman hire J.L...i don't see us winning shiit in near future...

RocketFan, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Like Tilman walking into the dollar store, haggling with the cashier, dropping a pouch filled with 99 pennies on the counter, and walking out with a head coach that is happy you gave him a chance, and will never say a word against you.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea if this guy gets to be the head coach talk about the rockets taking a dump on all its fans. Plus losing brillant owner and coach. LOL

D-rock likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

John Lucas works only if his staff are allstar coaches. At this point we might as well hire Sam Cassell.

macan likes this.