1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to Interview JVG Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 13, 2020.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Just hire jvg and get it over with. I’m ready for it. I never wanted to let Jeff go the first time and never wanted milk hair or MD. JVG sarcasm is worth at least 5 wins and imagine what he can do with a tank like harden. Injuries derailed his first tenure here.

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

that’s how I feel. I remember watching LeBron coach the Cavs not Lue. He doesn’t really know what he’s doing.

bmelo likes this.
  3. rockets13champs

confirmation from perk too when I asked scoop!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Nook

Nook Member

No, JVG has strong support from some very high up in the organization. This isn't just a formality.

bmelo, Rudyc281, htownrox1 and 9 others like this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Morey and JVG have maintained a good relationship based on what I can see as an outsider. I thought I also remembered he didn’t want to let him go the first time and advocated to bring him back over MD. Also jvg has made Houston his home since he coached here and has embraced every other sports team in the city. He’s a true Houstonian.

Rudyc281, Dacamel, clos4life and 4 others like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If the rockets are smart they would Hire JVG, and then the next thing they do is ship Westbrook out the door.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As long as you find a team stupid enough to make a trade that actually benefits the Rockets, yes.

Rudyc281, Deckard and s3ts like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A new nickname for Coach Van Gundy.

Stone Face.

Nook likes this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

11. realonemo

realonemo Member

If Jeff is hired and I assume he will be the guy then I want to see him do 2 things:

1) challenge Russ to make an all-defense team.
    2) challenge Harden to play off-ball like he did in okc.

18pbr and Dacamel like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

McHale may have been a crappy HC but his years were more productive than JVG years, not even close.

One took team to WCF with 1 legit All Star while the other was 0-3 in 4 postseasons with TWO legit All Stars in their primes.

Rudyc281 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree with you on Bzdelik but Erman is very underrated.

Rondo, Klay, Draymond, Iggy, Barnes, AD, Jrue, Smart and many other excellent defenders credit Erman for their edge. They just love the guy for make them much better defenders.

Helped make teams like KG Celts, Kerr Warriors and AD Pelicans into defensive powerhouses.

Even GSW hasn't not been as elite defensively since Erman left.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/darren-erman-emphasizing-defensive-drills-anthony-davis-pelicans

“I think Coach Erman is one of the best in the league if not the best at defense,” Davis said. “Every day when I’m on the floor I work on 15 or 20 minutes of defense. I’m working on everything and I think it’s going to help us when we have team practices.”

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Warriors-prepare-to-face-the-man-behind-their-12868150.php

“I do think (New Orleans head coach Alvin Gentry) has a defensive mastermind with him in Darren Erman,” Draymond Green.

Rondo calls Erman Baby Thibs because Erman is so passionate and smart on D.

Erman just finds ways to get players to buy into defenses when even such notable coaches like Carlisle or Doc cannot.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2015/6/2/8707455/darren-erman-pelicans-gentry-celtics-warriors-jackson

Give me Silas/Erman or Atkinson/Erman because I know Bzdelik bridge has been burned down by Fertita.

#93 D-rock, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    smoothie and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Can he Challenge Morey to get taller & younger? Can he Challenge Morey to shut up about reinventing basketball? Will players be allowed by the GM (of all people) to shoot a Mid-range jumper if its open?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. sungjina

sungjina Member

The very least Jeff will do is challenge both Russ and Harden. He won't be afraid of benching Russ when he does something stupid on the court. JVG has an old school, hard nosed approach to coaching, which might be just what the Rockets need to keep a player like Westbrook in check.

whiskeyred and Dacamel like this.
  16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Just no ty lue please. JVG is fine. At least it makes me curious and interested in next season.

Dacamel likes this.
  17. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Depends on how Harden reacts to such scenario.

Dacamel, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

McHale like to challenge Harden too. Negative stimulus has always been a very short sighted, short term and inefficient form of incentive.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"James, I challenge you to save my ass every time you're on the floor."

D-rock likes this.
  20. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Out of the talent pool available, I want JVG.

Dacamel likes this.