1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roomba for dog hair

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TWS1986, Oct 12, 2020.

1. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

Roborock S4 - goes on sale for 299 often on amazon - you’ll wonder how you lived without it.

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

For sure man I've been hearing good things about the Roborock series. Aside from it being from evil China ;). But gonna get one this weekend.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Another way to look at it is that the robot vacuum is the workhorse that does most of the cleaning. The carpet shampoo machine is for deep cleaning. The real vacuum is just a neat gadget when you don't want a deep clean, but something a little better than the robot vacuum does.

Caveat: I don't see the purpose of carpet and only have it in a couple of guest bedrooms that usually get more traffic from the robot vacuum than people. COVID has caused me to use one as a home office.

#24 Joe Joe, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    TWS1986 likes this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Yeah, more and more people are going away from carpet these days. We don't have any carpet in our house, which is fine by me. I'd imagine makes it easier on the robot vacuums too.

6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Now this is a thread I can get behind

ROCKSS, JuanValdez, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but you're weak and you suck, so what do you know? :D

Roomba likes this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I just learned Labs shed their summer coats in the Fall to then grow in a Winter coat. It’s my first Lab Winter. Why can’t Labs just keep their Summer coats and add to them in the Fall? This dog is literally shedding tumbleweeds of hair right now.

TWS1986 likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Aw hell, now you've got the CCP on your network. :D

TWS1986 likes this.
  10. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

We recently got a Neato D7 after adopting a neighbor's german shepherd/husky mix (to add to a sheltie that we have). I can't believe I didn't get one years ago. We set it to run when we're on our dog walks and it does a good job keeping our wood floors relatively clear. Of course still need to mop now and then to actually clean the floor well.

TWS1986 likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This Roomba apparently does it all, @Dr of Dunk, including emptying itself and then continuing to clean. $200 off during Prime Day on Amazon. You can program it with your smart phone.

[​IMG]

This Roomba smart vacuum won’t just intelligently map your home and intelligently create a schedule. The Roomba i6+ will empty itself into its base when it’s full to continue to the cleaning job.

iRobot Roomba i6+ ($599.99, originally $799.99; amazon.com)

Xerobull, ATXNekko and TWS1986 like this.
  12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

:mad:

TWS1986 likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I saw that. lol. I think the i6+ is the Amazon-only version of the i7+ although some people say it's missing a feature or something. I can't stand when companies do that. In any case, I may eventually get one, but I just don't have the need at the moment. My house is probably 50% tile and 50% carpet, and like I said, I got all the time in the world. Thankyoucorona. :D

Deckard and TWS1986 like this.
  14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Merica! ;)

The Chinese government probably loves our household right now. About a month ago my wife got on Tiktok, much to my surprise. I'm like you know that's pretty much Chinese Spyware right? She failed to register any ****s given :eek:
    . Now I'm letting them spy on me further. But man they make a mean robo vacuum lol.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Does it make coffee with the dirt, put on a little robot tux and serve it to you on a fine china plate? Because it looks like it should.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’ll have to delve into that. I agree, but put the tux idea aside. Dry cleaning bills!

There should be a tray attached to the top and an articulated arm that emerges from within to handle the entire coffee process of putting the cup on the Roomba, but coffee from dirt? Never! A little door would open in the upper reaches of the tower gizmo where we could pour in our Ruta Maya Dark Roast beans, that it would grind and brew, cup by cup. That’s the ticket!

TWS1986 likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll give the roomba another thumbs up for dog hair. I'd say it does 80% of the work. And seeing as I probably won't sweep any more often anyway, that means my place is a lot cleaner for having it around. My current incarnation of the thing has replaced the bristle brush with a rubber one, which makes removing the dog hair that gets wrapped around it much easier. However, I need them to innovate on the wheel design. Dog hair gets stuck inside the wheel, and eventually the wheel can't turn anymore. They haven't engineered the wheel to be opened up and cleaned out, so I've had to break them open, clean them, and then superglue them back together.

TWS1986 likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Interesting. My Roomba was purchased in 2016 (and still doing it’s thing) and I haven’t had that problem. The wheels pop out, which helps with removing the dog hair because it’s much easier to get at, then I use some needle-nose pliers to pull it out. I don’t have to do that very often. Maybe they changed the wheels on your model? Mine is an 880.

TWS1986 likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Silly me, always trying to repurpose my waste dirt.

TWS1986 likes this.
  20. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Well that's not very ideal on breaking them open, damn. I'll hope the RoboRock is different in that regard!