1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to Interview JVG Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 13, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Folks, interviews don't cost any money, but they definitely generate headlines for free.

Nook, Deckard, desihooper and 2 others like this.
  2. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

What time is McHale's interview?

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I was watching a broadcast Jeff was commentating on and it was at that moment I knew I wanted him back coaching Houston.

It was the 4th quarter and Jeff was saying something along the lines of "Harden is a superstar we know this, however in the 4th quarter the offense needs more than just dribble step back 3's and iso's. There needs to be movement - off ball etc."

I really think JVG after watching Harden in Houston all these years has a idea how to utilize his strengths while incorporating him off ball as well.

4. psaman17

psaman17 Member

True but he played PF next to a 7'6 Center. Adelman was the one that ran Chuckwagon at Center.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Me: "Pleasenopleasenopleasenopleasenopleasenopleasenopleasenopleasenopleasenopleasenopleasenopleasenopleasenopleaseno."

I don't want us to be the team that takes a flyer on a retread.
    I want us to be the team that finds the next hidden gem.

fattz, Deckard, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Darren Erman, Elston Turner, Jeff Bzdelik

7. psaman17

psaman17 Member

JVG is my #1 choice. I've always appreciated his passion for the game. And he's had nothing but good things to say about analytics. He wont turn this team into the 90s Knicks again.

8. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Yea that guy is never gonna step foot into a locker room again.

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My first reaction is close to this, but, I am going to give JVG the benefit of being an intelligent person. As such, he wouldn't interview or go on record as interested if he didn't think he could coach this team. He know who we got, the state of our draft picks, our salary situation and who the owner is. If he can check all those boxes for himself and still is confident he can come here and lead this team, and the Rockets feel the same way, then lets do it.

That said, because he feels like he can doesn't necessarily mean he will. But that is a risk no matter who coaches.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  10. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

11. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Cool so Harden is coaching this team next season eh?

Dacamel, sirjesse, JuNx and 1 other person like this.
  12. rockets13champs

This is what a casual fan says lmfao

saleem likes this.
  13. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

14. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Yeah, Ty Lue will bow down to Moreyball and let Harden take the reigns. Sounds likely.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

If he’s really trying to get back into coaching, there is no way he made a comment like that. The only way he says this is if he’s only interested in the Rockets HC job or the Rockets HC job is already a done deal.

Imagine going to an interview and they know that your more interested in another company. :confused:

Dacamel and JuNx like this.
  16. Fiah

Fiah Member

I get the feeling JVG is only interesting in coaching the Rochets.

17. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

I agree with this,ourfirst priority is bringing in a defensive minded coach,then focus on offense,Harden by himself is a juggernaut, but the consensus to bring a offe0sive minded guru assistant, is a great idea.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No.

19. psaman17

psaman17 Member

JVG's been a Head Coach in the NBA for 15+ years. Show me one instance where his players talk back at him during game. You wont find it.

Ty Lue was just Lebron's, for lack of a better word, B****. If he comes here, he'll just let Harden and Russ run all over him.

Plowman, bratna8 and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And the difference here is LeBron is just a far superior player with better bball iq and leadership skills.

Nothing will change with Ty Lue. We'll run the same exact standing around offense with iso clear outs and let Harden spam dribble at one spot for half the shot clock for the rest of the Harden era in Houston.

bmelo and psaman17 like this.