1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official ALCS] Astros vs. Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

you can see them whenever you want. Just go to Baseballsavant and then you see all the ball/called strike calls

seemoreroyals and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I see La Pina moving his head up to face the field as he swings. Like a golfer moving their head before contact.

Usually bad things happen......like hitting the golf ball top side. Or popping up/grounder in front of plate - top side.

TWS1986 likes this.
  3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

what is up with yuli?

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He needs to call up Beltran, like he did last year in NYC, for help.

5. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

His advice was look at the ball with 2 eyes or have both eyes open. Unless Beltran sees something else.

6. Buck Turgidson

Left wrist has been fubar since he jammed it running the bases a few weeks ago.

Picture your left wrist hitting a golf ball...then picture it hitting a baseball.

It's Yuli or Toro or Diaz at 1B...

ApacheWarrior and TWS1986 like this.
  7. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I don't think there's any doubt that there is bias based on the cheating scandal alone. I would have sworn TBS said right before the game started that Tampa Bay said "we know what you did, and you know what you did". I understand that comes with the territory somewhat.Let me assure you that there are very few other than Astros fans pulling for us. I didn't compare TBS to other broadcasts...just said there was some noticeable bias. Yes, I think they are better than others,,some by a far piece.Some have said they weren't as "bad as I expected".JMO

TWS1986 likes this.
  8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

YULE C today. :confused:

9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Was just going to make a post asking about this. Is there a report saying his wrist is still ****ed? And is it something that ultimately needs surgery or just rest which we can't afford?

#729 TWS1986, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Had a ton of opportunities, baserunners everywhere and loud outs. Could/should have pushed across 4 or 5 runs in the first 4 innings, but we didn't.

That's baseball, turn the page and move on.

11. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

We lost a game we should of won. Last I checked it takes four wins to advance to the WS so there is still hope. But we squandered game one. Those two untimely double plays killed us. We did not look like the same team that was knocking the cover off the ball against Oakland. We had plenty of rest. Hope switching back to playing earlier in the day will wake up our bats. We can't afford to give away any more games this time of year.

12. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

To be fair, Tampa's pitching I feel is a lot better than Oakland's. It's no excuse, we still had plenty of opportunities to do something and we didn't. Hoping for a better result and a W today.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rays are definitely built like an old school NL team, pitching and defense. Reminds me of the '05 Astros, games will most likely be tight and close. Hope '20 Astros can go CWS on them from here on out. Those arms....goodness. Gonna be a heck of a series and let's see if the Astros can step up and knock off the top seed.

everyday eddie, plates300 and TWS1986 like this.
  14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

10 calls in favor of Rays. 6 in favor of Houston.

I think baseball savant loads the data sometime between 5-8 central in the morning the next day as I've had times that it wasn't ready when I get up, but there by 8am.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

To be honest, I really don’t care about the broadcast. I mean I appreciate the game being called well no doubt. All I really care about is the the W.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The regular season offensive shortcomings should have numbed you to that by now, lol.

17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I would be curious to see the specifics. I feel like the beneficial calls we got were some strikes called on the inside corner, which seemed to be called all night. I can recall at least 3 pitches right in the middle of the zone that were called balls on us. That's just ridiculous and unacceptable.

Weird too, bc the ump seemed to be calling it pretty well the first 2-3 innings, then he got sloppy af.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Astros and leaving runners on base in the playoffs: Name a more iconic duo.

Nick and htwnbandit like this.
  19. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

MAYBE a little bit of kneejerk when I said that. Lol

But Game 1 with their arms on short rest was the game to win though. LOBstros smh

20. SuraGotMadHops

Damn, damn, just couldn't get the big hit in the big spots this game. Seemed like we came through against Oak every single time. Some of it was bad AB's (Yuli), another was just bad luck (Tucker SMOKED a line drive, an RBI with zero outs became a double play), and now our ace isn't available on full rest until a Game 6.

Time to dig in.

seemoreroyals and htwnbandit like this.