1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta Political Donations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by lnchan, Aug 28, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol yes I'm sure most nyc childcare workers consider BLM to be "insanity"

Can you set the scene for us? Like what kind of school is this? What neighborhood? One of the super fancy ones? How did they introduce the 1619 project - need tips to be able to export this curriculum to my kids school.

Thanks in advance cxbby.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

When did I say the school considered BLM insanity? That’s the second time you are putting words in my mouth.

Depicting graphic details of a murder to a class of 4 year olds is insanity, or at minimum not age appropriate. Which the administrator strongly agreed with us on.

What’s the point of your line of questioning? Would you like my kid’s picture and home address as well? Sorry man, we don’t give that stuff out to creeps online.

bmelo likes this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

What are you so incredulous about? Can you spell it out please? This passive aggressive crap makes you sound like a little b****.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So he donated to Hillary and Trump...shocker. Bribes. That’s all this **** is

5. SamFisher

Honestly I think you're lying to us.

It's been known to happen on the internet

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Thanks for clarifying.

I’m not. So I appreciate that you would agree that it’s ridiculous.

bmelo likes this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

What a weird donation history. Hmm.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Late response since I haven't been on CF since my post. But do you understand what defunding police means? It means to redirect the some money and invest it into professional help for when situations arises such as suicide or a heated moment where a professional counselor is able to talk down the suspect instead of going guns blazing. Defunding the police doesn't mean to stop the police force, it's to help the police in situations where professional help is better. In some parts of our country, we already have that and is working great.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Is that what the autonomous zones in Portland and Seattle were for, to "help the police"?

11. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

LMAO

They say ABOLISH the police, btw.

12. SamFisher

What was your fake story again, you stared down the headmaster at Horace Mann preschool and explained how BL don't M?

Tell me again daddy!

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i really didn't need another reason to dislike Tilman. shipping off first round picks for pocket cash was enough. But the fact that he's MAGA guy also sucks.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

This is the country you live in, believe it or not. I'm not here to convince you.

15. SamFisher

obviously

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Btw anybody with half a brain should believe that black lives matter. BLM couldn't give two shts about black lives though.

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I also have visceral hatred towards anyone that doesn't agree with my political views. If you don't think like me you are clearly wrong and racist.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lol strawman much? Who said anything about "visceral hatred" towards Tilman or anyone being "wrong and racist"? Could this be a wrong and racist Tilman supporter projecting his insecurities?

Little Bit likes this.
  19. HardenVolumeOne

NBA Owners Have Donated More To Republicans During 2020 Election Cycle
    SEP 25, 2020 11:14 AM

[​IMG]
    John Gonzalez of The Ringer reported in detail on the political contributions of NBA owners. The NBA has attempted to have their messaging align with social justice causes such as racial equality and police reform, but many have been skeptical of their motives and beliefs.

An extensive review of Federal Election Commission records reveal NBA owners have made more than $28 million in political donations to various causes and candidates since January 1, 2015 with 53.4 percent ($14.9 million) going to Republican politicians and PACs, while 43.1 percent (over $12 million) was directed to Democrats.

Connie Ballmer, wife of Steve Ballmer, made a $7 million contribution in April to Everytown for Gun Safety, a nonprofit advocating for gun control and serves as an NRA watch group.

During the 2020 election cycle beginning in 2019, The Ringer found that 80.9 percent of political donations by NBA owners have gone to Republicans and Republican causes, 18.4 percent to Democrats, and 0.7 percent to nonpartisan issues when you exclude the Ballmer' $7 million gun control contribution. After the Everytown for Gun Safety contribution, nine of the next 10 top recipients of NBA governor donations this cycle have been GOP candidates or causes.

Five owners have directly contributed to Donald Trump or his PACs (Dan DeVos, James Dolan, Tilman Fertitta, Julianna Holt, and Jim Buss.

Of the 10 owners who have donated the most money since 2015, seven directed more than 75 percent of their political contributions to Republicans.

Marc Lasry, Ted Loenosis, Wesley Edens, Vivek Randive, Jeanie Buss and Wyc Grousbeck have donated solely to Democrats.

The owners’ widespread financial support of the GOP, however, has not insulated the league from being criticized by the Trump administration. Trump attacked the NBA for its TV ratings during the restart and for becoming “a political organization.”

Mark Cuban was the only owner to speak with The Ringer on the record. Cuban noted he does not donate to politicians or PACs because “I strongly value my independence.”

“I talk to owners and players who are ‘conservative’ when it comes to financial issues but simultaneously very ‘liberal’ when it comes to social issues,” Cuban wrote via email.

In 2019, Steve Kerr said there’s an understanding among players and coaches that “most owners are very conservative.” While that generally hasn't been an issue in the past, Kerr thought “maybe it will become one.”

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Any donations to China yet?

HardenVolumeOne likes this.