1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Harden ever had a Jimmy Butler performance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Oct 5, 2020.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

who knows, we only ever played 3 off the bench really. D'Antoni doesn't like trying things out of the ordinary

bmelo likes this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

who knows, we only ever played 3 off the bench really. D'Antoni doesn't like trying things out of the ordinary

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  3. Asian Sensation

Dragic has played a whopping 14 minutes in the Finals. Bam has missed a couple games. That’s their 2nd and 3rd best players. It’s not an overreaction to give Jimmy props for the historically great playoff run he’s had. People would literally **** their pants (myself included) and Clutchfans would crash for a week if Harden ever led this team on the same run Jimmy has. Thing with Jimmy is he knows when to ISO and he knows when to defer. When he ISO’s you don’t see him launch an off balanced step back 3 pointer off 1 foot from 30 ft. When he defers it doesn’t mean standing around at half court looking lethargic and disinterested. It doesn’t matter if the Lakers win the next game. Butler is a winner regardless.

bmelo and CometsWin like this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You’re funny. He’d start and they’d be a juggernaut

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This is his first playoff run and he’s 30. Your Harden hate blinds you.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

There honestly isn’t a better player in the world than Butler to pair with James. Harden needs a guy with that attitude. CP3 had it just got hit by Father Time. Harden can do his thing the first 3 but when it’s crunch time and ***** tough and we need a dude to shine that’s when Butler takes over. Sigh. It was almost a reality.

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

8. Asian Sensation

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

10. HP3

HP3 Member

I really dont think he does bro.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Disagree. CP3 looked pretty good this year. It wasn't Father Time; CP3 got hit by Harden "knowing exactly what we need to do."

ksny15 likes this.
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I love CP3. Yea Harden drove him out but let’s be honest he isn’t the 17-18 CP3. Still a very very good player and compliment to Harden but he’s not that ELITE guy anymore.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That is true and yet sad all the same. He needed CP3's leadership to make that run. Jimmy Butler wants nothing to do with James Harden for a reason.

bmelo likes this.
  14. Asian Sensation

If Harden pushed the Lakers to game 7 and we lost on a last second buzzer beater by Lebron I’d call that a run. You would too.

15. realonemo

realonemo Member

Harden having to be the system is our biggest problem. We have to have some nugget/heat elements to our offense. I really think having motion would make us so much better in the playoffs vs elite defenses.

16. realonemo

realonemo Member

The heat constantly move and put pressure on the defense that matters too. I think the flaws of Dantoni system make it hard for harden to go off for crazy 50 point games against elite playoff defense because he’s the one doing all the work. I don’t know why u haters can’t admit that. Our system is broken.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I am giving Butler huge props but he is still not as good as Harden. Miami also have a different game plan than the Rockets do......different coach, different set up. They also don't have a GM who sets the game plan that he wants his coaches to implement. Jimmy has had 2 amazing games in the Finals and not really aggressive enough in the other 3. Wish we had a Duncan Robinson in our three point style offence.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

And even when Harden goes down fighting...............people still hate on him...........he can't win either way

people just love to hate

Butler has done it twice in his career and all of a sudden he is an all time great apparently........where was he the other years ?

realonemo likes this.
  19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Aggression is the key for Jimmy Butler......Miami are 6-1 when he has attempted 10 or more free throws in the Playoffs this year

20. realonemo

realonemo Member

Do I need to pull up cp3 hideous numbers in the 2019 semis ? He was terrible man.

HP3 likes this.