1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Has Harden ever had a Jimmy Butler performance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Oct 5, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok one team and Kawhi just did that with a 3-1 lead.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Kawhi is also a 2 times finals mvp with two different teams and took down the warriors. So yea he’s allowed to have a bae performance. The difference is that it’s the exception not the norm. I get it when people say harden gets unfair coverage, I was 100% on board with it. Nobody else woulda been denied that 2nd mvp.

he’s gotten to the point , had enough chances, catapulted this teams future in exchange for his friend so excuses are out. People may be haters but there’s also a reason the majority of the nba outside the rockets views him as a mentally weak paper tiger in the post season

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The eye Test is usually. . . I LIKE THIS GUY . . .AND DON;'T LIKE THIS GUY
    and I HAVE NO LOGICAL EXPLAINATION THAT I CAN SHOW BEYOND PERSONAL BIAS

Rocket River

Reeko, jordnnnn, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How many minutes did KD play in that Warriors series?
    Did his second best player get injured in that series . .. . or only Klay?

His first Finals MVP was on a team with 3 hall of famers unless I am mistake

Rocket River

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s a flurry of excuses to defend harden and a flurry of constant excuses to diminish his comparison. At some point you really have to wake up.

6. HardenVolumeOne

Wake up to what that harden is overrated lol. That’ll never happen on this board because it’s not true. If you wanna go somewhere and hear that garbage make an account on realgm or insidehoops where they think Damian lillard is a championship calibur player despite having a sniper like Mcollum as his backcourt mate compared to harden who has Westbrook. Just switch westbrick for McCollum and harden is defended by the lakers totally differently

besides the nba is decline anyways. A lot of owners are actually losing money and can not get anyone to buy the team off of them

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I’ll never see or hear the name Jimmy Butler again without thinking it’s a sex move.

‘How was it?’
    ‘Bro....You won’t believe this. It was a Jimmy Butler.’
    ‘Whaaaa?!?! No way!’
    ‘Yeah. She said I couldn’t harden....and we made it happen. Crazy ****!’
    ‘Did you rocket after?’
    ‘Brother, you KNOW I maxwell. I hit dat three and it was the kiss. of. death.’

D-rock likes this.
  8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

2013 GAME 5 OKC 3-1: 31-8-3 W
    2014 GAME 3 POR 2-0: 37-9-6 W
    2015 GAME 3 DAL 0-2: 42-9-5 W
    2015 GAME 5 LAC 3-1: 26-10-11 W
    2015 GAME 7 LAC 3-3: 31-8-7 W
    2015 GAME 4 GSW 3-0: 45-9-5 W
    2016 GAME 3 GSW 2-0: 35-9-8 W
    2017 GAME 5 OKC 1-3: 34-8-4 W
    2017 GAME 4 SAS 2-1: 28-12-5 W
    2018 GAME 3 MIN 1-2: 36-4-3 W
    2019 GAME 3 GSW 2-0: 41-9-6
    2019 GAME 4 GSW 2-1: 38-10-4

He's had at least 12. Granted, a 40 point triple double in the NBA finals isn't anything to scoff at. Excellent game from Jimmy, but I don't see how that one game invalidates all the masterful wins that James Harden has brought the Rockets.

I know that people remember the losses more than the wins, but Harden has more good wins than he does have bad losses.

D-rock, clos4life and HP3 like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Kawhi has also played with allstars on both teams and hall of famers, he also blew a 3-1 lead and a 3-2 lead so me miss me with that's the exception. Both of his MVP's where because nobody really stood out its not like he had superstar performances.

clos4life likes this.
  10. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Butler has never been on harden level. You have 1a lebron Durant harden giannis Leonard. Then 1b curry Davis I would put butler on the 1c level. Plays good defense but not good enough on offense compared to harden and I think harden is a better passer as well. Heats just have a better coach

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You guys should stop arguing with them and just put them on ignore.

clos4life, HP3 and saleem like this.
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You mean has Harden ever had one unreproducibly amazing game in a series that his team lost anyway? This is how we judge players' careers now?

Anyway, Harden played AMAZINGLY overall against the Warriors last year. He was the best player in that series (yes, better than Durant). He averaged numbers for the series that weren't significantly worse than Butler's single-game performance. But no one remembers because we lost. Just like no one will remember Jimmy's game 3.

D-rock, jiggyfly and clos4life like this.
  13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Saying Harden has faults (of course he does) is quite a bit different than comparing him unfavorably to Jimmy mother effing Butler because Jimmy had a good game in a series they're taking a pounding in.

#153 SuperMarioBro, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    topfive likes this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

No, he has not had a game like Jimmy Butler had in game 3. I don’t care how many points Harden has had in playoff games. Harden has never been without his top two players, on a big stage and carried his team to a win. Jimmy plays both ends as well.

I don’t understand the fascination with points scored as a singular stat, when you’re the guy who has the ball all the time and has complete freedom in the offense.

Steve Kerr knows what’s up.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People will forget and forgive choke jobs more easily when you have won titles and FMVPs before.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is absolutely terrible.
    Are we talking about the same Jimmy Butler who Harden destroyed in the 2018 playoffs 4-1 by averaging 29 5 8 while Jimmy put up a solid 15 pts. Then he quit on his team got scared of the west and went East to make the finals. Cmon. Harden is soo much better than Jimmy Butler.

How is what he did in game 3 any different than what Harden did in game 1 vs Lakers this year. They both only won 1 game and Jimmy performance only happened cuz the NBA sent Scott Foster to extend the series to make more money. I mean seriously 5 fouls on AD. Rockets couldn’t touch AD before he went to shoot free throws.

D-rock, SuperMarioBro and clos4life like this.
  17. HardenVolumeOne

steve kerr knows about top 3 lottery picks which is what he'll be slecting in the coming months due to his shortcomings as coach. I dont believe curry was as injured as the warriors claim either. Currys wrist injury wasnt worse than haywards and hayward got injured later and returned sooner. I have never seen a wrist injury keep a player out the whole season, especially when the injury happened less than 5 games into the season. Curry has a rep to maintain, the warriors brass cant have curry out there looking like trae young and getting attacked on defense. No Klay, no play

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Harden had a great game 1, but it's nowhere near Butler's game 3. The Heat were missing 2 key starters in Adebayo and Dragic, and the other starters weren't shooting particularly well (Robinson 4/12, Herro 6/18, and Crowder 5/12). Butler had a 40 pt triple double while shooting 70% from the field. Plus, he spent a lot of time guarding Lebron.

Give credit where credit's due.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but he got bailed out by Scott Foster who limited AD to like 9 first half minutes. You know the league is rigged.

If you want to talk about doing something while missing players. Name me one player in the league that coulda done what James did last year. When CP Gordon and Capela got hurt. Then he averaged like 45 a game for 3 months and carried us to the playoffs on his back. Single greatest individual performance I have ever seen for that extended period of time. Seemed like every game we would pick up a guy off the street and insert them into our starting lineup and it didn’t matter.

anyone can have one good game. I mean Gordon scores 50 on road at Utah to win game without Westbrook and Harden. Let me see him do it 3 more times.

clos4life likes this.
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

AD's first foul occurs at the 1:20 mark in the video (4:48 left in Q1).

AD's second foul occurs at the 1:35 mark in the video (4:16 left in Q1).

AD's third foul occurs at the 2:13 mark in the video (5:28 left in Q2).

Do you disagree with any of the foul calls? To me, they all look like legitimate fouls on AD.