1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr: we’re not gonna turn into the rockets next year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 7, 2020.

1. macan

macan Member

dam after all these years, we still living in Kerr's head rent free..
    did Morey steal his girl?

Deuce, Sajan, fryjol7 and 4 others like this.
  2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I found it weird he took credit for the Heat too. Because Bam is good at defense and can initiate offense?

D-rock, Deuce and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think you shouldn't justify hatred by projecting hatred on others. Whatever his differences may be, he's been far more civil and complimentary to the Rockets during our hard fought series against them then people on here have been towards the Warriors. If you have an issue with people being actually hateful, direct your ire at fans on the internet or the media rather than players/coaches. That's where the hate is, and there's plenty of it against the Rockets and from Rockets fans.

And he was really alluding to an offense that is dependent on a ball-dominant guard making all the decisions for the offense while everyone else mostly stand around. We're middle of the pack in "high pick and roll" because half the time Harden doesn't even bother asking for the pick, which stylistically Kerr almost certainly has even more disdain for. That he called it "high pick and roll" rather than "high pick and roll and ISO" doesn't really change anything.

bmelo likes this.
  4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

when have those guys brought up another team to criticize them? i'm guessing never. stop trolling.

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

ha, i didn't even really notice that. "in a way guys, i'm coaching a finals team this year also. totally didn't tank with a team with 3 all-stars on it and a 4th all-star who could have come back in the middle of the season if need be."

D-rock likes this.
  6. durvasa

Maybe try reading more than the sentence you quoted to understand the context.

7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I would like to see those compliments as well. I don't mean after we win a playoff game either. When we can still make him eat crow. A random compliment like when Pop and Harden have respect for each other.

8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I understand where you are coming from. I know he is smug and has taken jabs at the Rockets.

Where I differ is that I think he was clearly referring to the Rockets style of play, wether you call it high p&r or ISO is irrelevant, it was a reference to ball dominance and lack of movement IMO. Singling out the Rockets as the epitome of that style isn’t surprising to me, and doesn’t have to be interpreted as a “jab” I don’t see it as the continuation of a vendetta.

daywalker02 and Easy like this.
  9. durvasa

From Kerr?

Opening Remarks: "A tremendous 2-way basketball team"

If you want a complimentary comment towards James Harden:

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No, of course not. Just a dick thing to say after man lost his job. I was one of the ones that wanted MDA gone but it was totally unnecessary. His offense is just as guard dominant if not more. Rockets move, just not many back door cuts, plus Harden is no Nash though especially without a decent big. We will see where we go from here. Also Westbrook is not a MDA guard. That was what Harden and Tilman wanted now they will have to figure out how they will move forward. Next season against the Warriors should be fun.

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not playoffs, you know.....a random compliment mid season or offseason just like when he threw the jab.

12. deshen

deshen Member

It is more like a joke, people here are too sensitive and read too much out of it.
    6 pages and counting...can you believe that?

bmelo likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Are you seriously putting a head coach's public words to the press and fans' sentiments on social media on the same level? It's weird that you expect fans (which is short for "fanatics") to talk rationally yet quickly defend a professional coach's words that are unnecessarily offensive. Again Kerr could have just answered the question without having to imply another team's style was inferior. Even if it was not personal against the Rockets, it was still a smug reply that his style was superior.

I used to be neutral about Kerr. I felt that he should get some credit for the Warriors' success. But he has lost my respect over the years because of the way he handles himself in the public. I have the same dislike of Phil Jackson who had that same air of talking down about other teams. To me, these coaches should have been humbled by the fact that they had the good fortune of coaching some of the greatest players of all time.

D-rock, Deuce, steddinotayto and 3 others like this.
  14. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Not a self aware statement when the referees deliberately sabotaged us in the series that mattered. The first two weren’t even with MDA so wtf are you even talking about? Sit back down

D-rock likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't worry Steve, we blew up our team that was better than yours - a couple times over and in epic fashion. You'll always be a haughty pr*** but we can't threaten you now.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Rocket fans are insecure and haven't felt success in a very long time

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Kerr is a Lil b****

D-rock likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Morey texted Kerr in his spare time, those 2 taking jabs at each other.

The public is reading too much into it in terms of 'real' hostility.

They just playing.

Off the court everyone is more relaxed and less triggered.

durvasa likes this.
  19. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

MJ should have punched him harder.

D-rock and Highlyrated like this.
  20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Basically saying dantoni and morey are dumbases!