1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Harden ever had a Jimmy Butler performance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Oct 5, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

The problem is that Rockets did not defend perimeter or the paint, at all. Especially games 5 & 6.

Got to take away one, at least.

Plus Nurse is the king of disguising defenses and he has been known to switch defenses from quarter to quarter to break opposing team's rhythm.

#81 D-rock, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    hakeem94 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  2. s3ts

s3ts Member

I can't disagree with what you're saying this time, but you're over here on a Harden hate thread saying all this, yet you just wrote here that it's the GM's fault.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

What a rubbish post. It is all about the team game plan and that is the way the Rockets play and the heat play a different way. It is always blame Harden for everything......Harden had 36 points in the first game against the Lakers(only attempted 6 threes) and that was a win. Harden averaged 29ppg on 47 percent shooting in the series, 37 percent from three, 87 percent from the line. Harden had 1 bad game in the Lakers series but he had hardly any help around him who gave consistent numbers. Butler is nowhere near as good as Harden

D-rock and MettaWorldPete like this.
  4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

If we had three point shooters. That Game 7 after CP3 went down woulda been at least one for sure.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol you don't understand game plans do you

6. csc177

csc177 Member

Game plans??? Are you serious? That’s you’re takeaway from my post? Game plans? People like you, with trash responses like that, are why Rockets fans get a bad rap as delusional!

A game plan has NOTHING to do with James Harden’s mentality when the team needs him most. He’s not built for the biggest stage, with the highest stakes and the most pressure. How many more years of evidence do you need? True champions SCRATCH game plans when they don’t work!

Yes, he’ll go down as a hall of famer, one of the best scorers we’ve ever seen, but he’s no champion, no dog in him - and if you listen closely to players present and past they echo the same thing. The only way he’ll sniff a ring is if he tags up with other champions.

JH won’t get a ring here for sure - best shot He ever had was when CP went down in WCF...but of course he disappeared when you needed the monster game in the clutch.

7. csc177

csc177 Member

Over priced Shane Battier? Yo, I haven’t laughed this hard all day. I’m not sure which basketball games you’ve watched or Jimmy Butler you know, but the Jimmy Buckets I know, and the one the rest of the world has seen hoop, is no role player.

The real truth is Butler would have checked Harden on sight when he did something stupid (like walk up the court when the offense is being run, jack up dumb threes, or blame someone else for his missed defensive assignment)....Harden can’t handle that unless you’re his child hood buddy - “Westbrook enters the chat”

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Didn't know hard truth made you do that. Glad I could bring you some joy to your life. His team and franchise try to make himself look like a star. He is not. He's a nice compliment piece. He's doing what he did always did in CHI. Work the **** out of himself for NOTHING because they will still lose, short Lakers having a total collapse. I know Jimmy and teammates, and his supporters wish to make others regret not being able to land Butler, that is simply not the case. I would much rather have Harden than Butler. Butler can be replaced, Harden can't. Glad Butler know he's know he's not who he thinks he is. Other wise he would have came anyway. Truth is Butler wouldn't have had a say, period. So good for him to go where he'll be tolerated. I'd rather lose and get consolation prizes with Harden, than be hyped up with consolation prizes such as, a no double team 40 point performance. Harden can do that easy had he been giving the same open lane opportunities he had.

Does Harden makes silly mistakes? Of course. He is still better than Butler though. Butler is a yelling gumby hair wearing R.Covington. That's it. even if he doesn't know it yet. Even if Butler wins 20 championships he still a tomball b**** in my book.

9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You seem so butt hurt. You don't know what Harden is. Just because he doesn't act all ignorant every time he is touched like Lebron. Doesn't mean he don't want to win. Nobody has to prove nothing to you. Just go be a Heat fan already. Are you even a Rockets fan? "with trash responses like that, are why Rockets fans get a bad rap as delusional!" That comment seems pretty objective. Delusional according to who? Probably people who never ****ed with the Rockets in the first place.

D-rock likes this.
  10. csc177

csc177 Member

"Butt hurt?"

"Just because he doesn't act all ignorant when he touched like Lebron? .......Huh?

LOL okay man I'm done responding to you. Be safe out here.

11. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Easier said than done. When a team is talented and that much bigger, if they're hitting their 3's at over 40% you are in trouble.

Give LA credit, they shot the ball much better than anyone could have expected.

LA scored averaged 27 points in the paint in each of their wins. They averaged scoring 37.5 per game from behind the arc in those same 4 games.

You asked why we didn't pack the paint. The reason is what I said, we were getting torched from the perimeter. If LA shoots the ball like that from long range, they're very difficult to beat.

D-rock likes this.
  12. verysimplejason

Really? He's playing in the finals. And he's carrying his team on his back.

csc177 likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm not disagreeing with you that Lakers were on fire from 3, especially their role players.

I love the Rockets switch everything defense but I'm just saying the defense started to break down as series progressed and execution increasingly got sloppy. Could it have been from pressing too hard or over exertion?

Not second guessing only pointing out some possible adjustments should this happen again in future, perhaps a box in 1 or a 2-3 zone to disrupt the hot shooting team's rhythm. This would give the Rockets time to catch breath a bit at very least.

But in fairness, it was the Rockets offense that faltered the most vs. Lakers.

14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I hear what you're saying but everything was working for LA. Could you have tried different looks? Sure. Would any have worked? I doubt it. We caught a hot team

Box and 1? On who? AD or Lebron?

Zone? That's tough to do when the opponent has such a size advantage.

We knew going in that LA had a size advantage. We were going to have to swarm and double team to try and counteract that. That's what we did in the games we beat them during the regular season. Of course, in those wins LA shot 22% from behind the arc. If they would have even shot their average then we would have been fine. When they shoot 40% on 3s then everything breaks down. If you try and press the 3 point shooters, now you're really overmatched inside. If you pack it in then they keep firing away while hitting most everything. The Lakers got hot from the outside at the right time and it snowballed on us. They started feeling good about themselves and we didn't know where to try and stop the bleeding.

Like you said though, the defense wasn't the biggest issue. It would have been interesting to see how it would have played out with a healthy Westbrook attacking the rim as he did vs LA in the regular season.

15. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Let start off by saying JIMMY BUTLER has the James Harden disease, meaning they play when they want to.. Both Players when they want they can take over a game and can't be stopped. Both just do it when they want to.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. bmelo

bmelo Member

I was on that GMs fault train until JH shipped CPs ass out of town for demanding moving off ball from him. He just refuses to... i remember rockets played great team offense at first CP got here but after honeymoon was done James just went back to his old self but he was isoing even more. Big scoring streak just gave him even more confidence and CP started his yapping right then.. it was downfall from that point

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Where was Jimmy today...................................didn't want to put up any shots, couldn't hit a three. -12 with him on the court.....................these one game reactions are funny. People like you don't truly respect players who stick to the game plan and style teams want to play

jiggyfly, D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Guess his back gave out?

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  19. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

It seems more like Butler last game pulled a Harden performance last game rather than the other way around. Butler being Butler tonight resulted in his usual average output, the second lowest +/- in his team, and a loss. Guess the haters need a new hero.

D-rock likes this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol The only way most players win rings is if they tag up with other star players...................Anthony Davis and LeBron are doing that now

Harden fights out the series against the Lakers and he has no dog in him apparently, he did the same with the warriors last year..............you must think players have to physically fight to be considered a fighter.

Many of those past players were not as good as Harden or had the unfortunate timing of running in to an All time great team in the Warriors. Harden and the Rockets didn't back down but many other teams did

francis 4 prez and Ramo$e like this.