1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Rather James Harden Retire A Rocket Or Win A Ring Somewhere Else?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Oct 4, 2020.

?

Would You Rather James Harden Retire A Rocket Or Win A Ring Somewhere Else?

1. Retire A Rocket

2. Win A Ring Somewhere Else.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mastan

mastan Member

Harden as the main go to guy is very unlikely to win a championship, he is not a clutch player.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't care. I think they should trade Harden now while you can get a king's ransom in return. Time to rebuild from this disaster. The Westbrook trade murdered us.

mastan and napalm06 like this.
  3. Fefo

Fefo Member

James is not winning a championship . I dont think you trade a top 5 player in the nba that is still in his prime unless you can really set up yourself with lots of young talent and picks. Ill probably look at phoenix and try to get some of their young talent, but its not likely.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say it has a lot to do with the irrational defenses of the man.

Makes some people feel like they are being gaslight and push back.

If you don't want rational Rocket fans to be so harsh on him his stans shouldn't gaslight and act shocked and chagrined everytime people suggest to have variety to his game and be less stationary.

supaflyz likes this.
  5. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Shock and chagrined. Now I haven’t heard those words since Jackie chiles. But yea I don’t like it when a fan can’t criticize hardens game without being call a fake fan. His game is incomplete or may I say his b-ball iq is not so high.

fchowd0311 and napalm06 like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Win a ring elsewhere, probably.

I would have probably said the opposite this time last year, but unfortunately James Harden ruined the next half-decade of the Rockets by demanding the Paul-Westbrook trade. There's no real future here other than some 1st or 2nd round playoff exits. I hate to say it but it's true, and I would rather him have a real chance elsewhere and hopefully solidify his legacy as one of the greats.

napalm06 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He also locked himself into a deal with Adidas that said he can't even shave his beard without millions of compensation.

At least I thought I read it somewhere.

He isn't really free to do things.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am still not able to wrap my mind around the concept of wishing a great player to leave our team and win a championship elsewhere. Isn't that the very definition of x-only-fan?

DreamShook and D-rock like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

When its his fault I will blame him, when he's not the problem I wont blame hiim. I dont see any "gaslighters" defending his game 6 do you? Rational Rockets arent the ones who are so harsh on him. It's the ones who hate him so hard they blame everything on him. I willingly admit Im more homer than not, but I dont "gaslight" anybody. You should really ask yourself if you are truly neutral when evaluating Harden.

D-rock likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

And this is what Im talking about, objectively, this is not true.

D-rock likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Yes I'm neutral because I come from a biased position of being a Rocket fan and not really having an opinion one way or the other with Harden before he was Rocket. All my opinions of him came from a biased lens of being a Rocket fans these past 8 years so if anything I would be biased for Harden.

12. fchowd0311

"Objectively". Lol I don't think you know what that term means.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There would be less discussions on Harden, positive and negative, if there was no real focus on him.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Look man, weve been through this before. You arent willing to consider the observations that I and many people have said about you regarding your evaluation of the team. You key in on Harden even when its not his fault. I dont sit here and tell you the man is a perfect player cause he's not. What I dont do is tell you that he's the main reason we are out here losing.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay....man, you really James Harden has a low basketball IQ? Is that a true statement you are willing to stand by.

16. fchowd0311

Look man, weve been through this before. You arent willing to consider the observations that I and many people have said about you regarding your evaluation of the team

17. fchowd0311

He has low long term bball iq.

He has great bball iq in terms of finding that perfect pocket pass or altering his defender's stance by amazing footwork.

He has bad bball iq when it comes to long term outlooks such as understanding the ramifications of having a very predictable monotonous offense.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The only guy I can see getting the best out of this version of Harden is Popovich, latter would have made him an even better player in a better system.

I do not see Pop coming here.

I think the combination of MDA, Morey and Harden was real good but not championship caliber.

Easy likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Fine man..just keep talking about Harden, ignore everything else.

Is that just a term you just made up just fit your silly narrative? What ramifications? Lmao did you not see Westbrook tank both our offense and defense?
    https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-ne...james-harden-is-like-artificial-intelligence/

Quin Snyder>your opinion.

D-rock likes this.
  20. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

If you miss a bunch of threes in a row with a a defender right in front of your face, it's time to think of another way to score man. I know when I play in the park or in the gym and I miss that many shots and keep shooting more 3's without trying a different way then my teammates would let me know. The thing is no one on this team tells him that? Maybe is due to exhaustion, but he does it in the regular season games as well not just late in the game. The other thing is maybe the coaches fault. Seen numerous time with all the rockets players. They are able to drive pass the defender. Yet they don't stop to take the jumper or drive it in for the layup. They pass it back out to look for a 3.