1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 27, 2020.

?

Lakers vs. Heat

Poll closed Sep 30, 2020.
  1. Lakers in 4

4.6%
  2. Lakers in 5

12.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

40.0%
  4. Lakers in 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Heat in 7

21.5%
  6. Heat in 6

15.4%
  7. Heat in 5

3.1%
  8. Heat in 4

3.1%
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And even with a post-Covid, doo-doo Russ, we were damn close to locking down 2 wins before the Danuel House disaster.

It ain’t much, but it’s better than I’ve seen from Denver and Miami, with their traditional Centers. I’d love to see what our fans would do If they had to swap teams. Peeps don’t know how good they have it...

hakeem94, HP3, fckbandwagons and 4 others like this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

With the way Davis played and his insane shooting statline, you'd think he had like 60 points last night. Nope. He was 32/14 while LeBron went 33/9/9.

Game 1, Davis had 34/9 while LeBron went 25/13/9.

LeBron should be the FMVP at this point in time.

HP3 and Rocket River like this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

The eye test shows AD is making the bigger outcome on turning points and dominating. Advanced stats on his side as well. It'll be hard because lebron will always fill out the stat sheet win or lose. This will most likely be a Kobe winning over Pau due to popularity and name and legacy when it was clearly Pau doing the game winning plays leading all advanced stats, just like AD.

s3ts, Rocket River and JumpMan like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

HP3, francis 4 prez and arno_ed like this.
  5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

A few pundits I listen to made jokes about the numbers Davis would have to put up to actually win the Finals MVP over LeBron. Haven't watched the Finals much, but I would not be surprised if you are correct in saying Davis's numbers were put up in more meaningful moments of the games.

Caesar likes this.
  6. Mr. Space City

Just forfeit the next 2 games and have Lebron and AD play 1 on 1 for Finals MVP

7. HardenVolumeOne

going into game 3, this current nba finals tv viewership is the lowest on RECORD. Game 2 drew even lower than game 1. That next nba cba is gonna be a monsta.

s3ts likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I turned it off at half time in Game 2. I am not going to watch anymore.

It's a shame because there were some very entertaining series in the bubble. Clippers-Mavs, Nuggets-Jazz, Rockets-Thunder, Nuggets-Clippers, Celtics-Raptors. It's the Lakers that makes everything so damn hard to stomach.

B-Bob, s3ts and JumpMan like this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

yep hopefully adam silver realizes that the NBA has a bunch of young talent that they never promote due to the constant LeBron talk. People are just tired of it

s3ts, raining threes and Easy like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think we could use more lerbon coverage this playoffs.

11. adoo

adoo Member

specifically, which stats ?

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'll give you the easier-than-usual offensive rebounds that AD gets, but what advanced stats? I have eyes too - eyes that see LeBron breaking the down the zone defense by penetrating in and making the right pass to the right teammate when the Heat defense has to collapse on him.

Not saying AD hasn't been dominant - he definitely has. But to me, LeBron's impact has been more than AD's impact.

MettaWorldPete, HP3 and adoo like this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

This series is quickly losing any suspense/value... Bam out again. Dragic is as well but that's expected with his injury.

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

if the series stays this uncompetitive, i feel like from a historical perspective lebron should get FMVP. he's the best player in the league, the best player on the lakers, and is the straw the stirs the drink for the lakers. considering how important FMVP's are from a legacy perspective (maybe more than MVP's), it would feel weird to have the story be that AD is the FMVP because he puts up slightly better numbers in a blowout series where there were no meaningful moments. AD doesn't deserve an FMVP over other great players just because he has lebron on his team and faced a team whose best big man is hurt. lebron should get to add another one to his collection for being the most important player on the team.

now if this was a competitive series and AD was making the plays that were making the lakers win a competitive series, then the historical stuff wouldn't matter and he should get FMVP. or if AD was just dominating statistically. otherwise, you're basically just saying lebron should hog the ball more and keep it away from AD in a boring series just so he can win the stats battle and get FMVP.

adoo and HP3 like this.
  16. Spooner

Spooner Member

Do the refs really have to fix it for a super team going against a team with half a starting unit? Good lord I can't believe some of these calls

17. HP3

HP3 Member

So how many guys do the heat have in their rotation?

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Scott Foster is so terrible.

19. Mr. Space City

Well Lebron was def the Lakers MVP this first half

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

At this point in time, it's basically next man up.

Olynyk and Leonard barely saw minutes in the Celtics series; they've seen 14 and 7 minutes this game alone, respectively.

Nunn also wasn't part of the rotation in the Celtics series, and he's seen 16 minutes tonight.

Imagine not suiting up for an entire series, and then suddenly you're rotating onto LeBron James lol.