1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Oct 2, 2020.

1. ymc

ymc Member

Anesthesiologist is needed when his throat needs to be cut open to insert the ventilator. Therefore, while an anesthesiologist currently has no role, he/she needs to stand by in case Trump's situation worsens.

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if his ambulatory saturation is being maintained. Another slight of hand was his SpO2 being reported as normal around 96. But I have seen people who have mid 90a and it drops to 80s when they walk more than a hallway because of how bad their pneumonia is and we would send them home with a portable supplemental O2 until they recovered. His spokesperson would have told the truth if he said the president is off oxygen when it was because Trump was inactive for the day not because he is will. I wish the White House were honest from the start.

RayRay10, B-Bob, R0ckets03 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never mind. 96 was ambulatory. Trump will be fine. He has a mild course. He realistically will take a while to recover 100%, but the antibodies and remdesivir were his silver bullets.

RayRay10, Sajan, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I’m pretty sure popular use of karma isn’t the original teachings of it. From what I read about the Buddha teachings and the religion of Buddhism, there are many interpretations. From action now affecting your next life to your next second. There isn’t a good or bad, but in a simple way, action has consequences, and that it’s too complex for anyone to know what they are. The consequences are both outward and inward - meaning your actions impact your own mind, which literally is true - what you say and do with intentions impact your brain “wiring”.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If you believe the reports.

It does seem like this is one big charade though.

#1065 Two Sandwiches, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

trump the reality TV guy working his props. I'm surprised they couldn't find a phone for him to hold.

RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wasn’t this one of the treatment he got?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...dy-cocktail-lowers-virus-in-covid-19-patients

A Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. antibody cocktail may help treat coronavirus patients outside of the hospital by reducing virus levels and symptoms, early study results indicate.

Regeneron’s treatment, which contains a mix of two highly potent antibodies against the coronavirus spike protein, “rapidly reduced viral load and associated symptoms in infected Covid-19 patients,” George D. Yancopoulos, Regeneron’s chief scientific officer, said in the statement. “The greatest treatment benefit was in patients who had not mounted their own effective immune response.”

Regeneron said its therapy appeared to be most beneficial in the subset of patients who hadn’t yet produced coronavirus antibodies on their own. In those patients, symptoms eased 8 days after they received a high dose of the cocktail, called REGN-COV2, compared with 13 days in antibody-negative patients who received a placebo.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

So twitter had an analysis of the two pictures the White House said were of Trump still working. It was the same suit he went to the hospital in, the two pictures were taken 10 minutes apart in different rooms, he signing a blank document, he's not in a mask supposedly at the Hospital.

Don the Con

[​IMG]

Look at the table reflection of his left hand ????

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. Blatz

Most definitely agree about the don the Con and I don't buy this working hard while sick BS but what am I not seeing about the reflection and how do we know the pics were taken 10 minutes apart?

Edit: If the part about the reflection is because it looks like the reflection is not the same, why would that have been altered? That makes no sense.

#1069 Blatz, Oct 4, 2020
    RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  10. Dubious

I'm not making any claims myself it just what I've read this morning.
    Some are saying these are fake photos!
    [​IMG]

His left hand reflection should be blocked by notebook.

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Wow, you have all turned into conspiracy theory nutters now.

congrats I guess.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

you see this all the time on Twitter. Someone will pose a question which doesn't give any info, but alludes to something. This trick makes the viewer want to explore and investigate ... be the reddit-like detective. Most will come away like you "what am I looking at?", but someone will say "I see it." then the snowballing begins.

The trick is if you *declare* something as the first perspon to "point it out", you leave yourselves open to disagreement. But if you are as vague as possible, and hand the power of detective over, then ppl who *want* to find something, will find ... something.

RayRay10, Sajan, arkoe and 1 other person like this.
  13. Blatz

I understood you weren't making the claim, I was just trying to understand the claims.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Dubious

There is a lot of information in a photo file. Pretty sure they include a time stamp.

If nothing else, ask how a covid patient wouldn't be masked risking everyone including medical staff.

(and it's just Schadenfreude fun for me. I am the most empathetic person in the world but I have none for Trump. It's the Tsar Bomba of Karma Bombs)

Reckless endangerment is a crime consisting of acts that create a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person. The accused person isn't required to intend the resulting or potential harm, but must have acted in a way that showed a disregard for the foreseeable consequences of the actions.

#1074 Dubious, Oct 4, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Blatz

That's how we end up with bases. bridges, buildings, personally owned dune buggies and giant satellite dishes on the moon.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yup all is right...
    the public trusts trump! he has shown to be believed!!

#WhitehouseVirus

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  17. Dubious

It's hilarious that the White House is the Keystone Cops of fascism.

What's the Presidential ventilator called?

Forced Air One

#1077 Dubious, Oct 4, 2020
    RayRay10, Rashmon, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump adviser continuing the idiocy... when what has been "running the country" has led us to the need to social distance...

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Again, trump spokesman... even after the past few days. Hard to believe people can get so broken, so stupid, and he in positions of power and influence... but with trump, "only the best"...

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm listening to a WH spokesperson Jason Miller on Meet The Press and he's saying that this shows that we don't know enough about this virus but that this situation shows we can't stay in our basement and need to take the virus head on. Trump is taking it head on.

RayRay10, Hakeemtheking and Ubiquitin like this.