1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo tries to rewrite his own history with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Oct 3, 2020.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is ridiculous.

Melo has been bad for 3 years!! Look at his efficiency stats and importantly his defense stats!!! Dude was slightly better at defense with the Blazers only because he got in shape.

He has failed in 3 straight seasons with 3 straight teams only because of his selfishness. I’m not here for this rewriting of history.

Also btw I highly recommend the JJ pod.

s3ts, Caesar, fattz and 1 other person like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Melo has no history with the Rockets.

arubato, Ramo$e, J Sizzle and 12 others like this.
  3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I made it through about a minute before I had to turn it off.

Did they mention anything about a certain assistant coach that would rather quit their job than coach Melo again?

I’m guessing that didn’t come up.

slothy420, s3ts, topfive and 2 others like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Haters gonna hate

5. fattz

fattz Member

I believe he believes himself, but reality may not agree.

Pat, s3ts and ApacheWarrior like this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I know Melo... we know Melo... even though you were laying next to that beautiful woman on that boat you guys are just friends and you didn’t F... LaLa shame on you for not believing him. Shame on Rockets fans too.

LOL

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, we’re still talking about this dude? Has a bigger deal ever been made over a player’s 10 game stint with a team? Nobody cares Melo

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Let him.....he was kicked to the curb by Knicks and Thunder......but we kicked him to the incinerator, I guess?.?

Like a Phoenix he rose again in PORTLAND. Let him think that.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The whole interview is actually worth a listen even though it's over an hour, and, I agree, Reddick's podcast is great. I actually love a bunch of these podcasts that are handled by former or current players like KnuckleHeads, All the Smoke, Old Man and the Three, etc. Players tend to get the best stories out of other players. Even the couple of podcasts Austin Rivers did were pretty good.

If you listen to the entire podcast with Melo, there's a Steve Novak story that had them all laughing. :D

malakas likes this.
  10. HardenVolumeOne

melo doesnt fit todays game, if he did his boy LeBron would have pushed to sign him over Dudley

Ramo$e and dreamshakin like this.
  11. hakeemthagreat

The Rockets made a mistake. Melo never had a chance because the organization really didn't want him, even though he could've gave us another scoring option. The problem is Daryl Morey & the negativity that surrounds everybody that leaves the team. CP3, Faried, Melo, MDA, Kevin McHale, JVG, Rick Adelman etc..All of them had bad departures. That culture was created under Daryl Morey

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't feel like anything he said contradicts what we knew already?

I think a lot of people here completely dismiss the mental aspect of the game too. Yeah, he hasn't been good for a while, but there is something to rhythm and of course a dude that never came off the bench might have some issues coming off of the bench.

He's played slightly better in Portland for what it is worth, not good enough for it to really matter, but I completely believe that he sucks as much as he does now is because he's not a featured offensive player and he can't get his rhythm and that affects his confidence and play. That's definitely a real thing that affects players. It's why a lot of guys just retire instead of becoming some small bench contributor.

dreamshakin, kjayp and HorryForThree like this.
  13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think there are certain guys whose pure shooting abilities extends their careers out a lot. We've seen this with Ray Allen, Vince Carter, Kyle Korver, etc. But that's not Melo, and has never been his game. To me, Melo is in some ways more like a T-Mac (who also never adjusted to not being 'the man' in an offense). T-Mac was unbelievable in his prime, and in my opinion way better than Melo, but he also had the ball in his hands all the time. Yes, he was unselfish. But he also got A LOT of touches. And when he didn't get the same minutes, when his body started giving up on him (especially his knees), his shooting ability alone wasn't good enough to keep him on the court as a productive player. This ended up, understandably, frustrating him, and he got into it with a lot of coaches not because they did anything wrong, but because he just couldn't get it together.

That is where I see Melo in the arc of his career. I am glad he found a home in Portland, and hope they extend him. But at some point, I'm sure even their front office is going to review the analytics, look at advanced defensive stats, review his offensive efficiency and the team with him on/off the court, and ask themselves whether they want to keep going this direction.

Easy, s3ts and JayGoogle like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I've often said the Rox should have a team shrink... its just good business... what % of sports is psychological?
    I'm not talkin Royce bs... but you watch guys like Ryno and Ty Lawson deteriorate... Guys like Lin get mentally shaky...
    Especially if you wanna factor in the whole 'Morey treats guys like assets' thing... seems to me having someone keepin guys heads straight should be some sorta consideration...

jus sayin...

15. MettaWorldPete

I don’t think the Rockets should have brought him on, but he’s obviously clueless. Even r/nba is freaking roasting him for this.

16. hcw128

hcw128 Member

alternative video title: "Melo admits Rockets cut him cos he demanded the ball"

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Down the road they will say Harden couldn’t win a ring even though he had top 100 players all time with him Howard, Paul, Joe Johnson, Carmelo. And top 10,000 players all-time Josh Smith and Corey Brewer.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  18. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

When that happened I called into NBA radio and Rick Mahorn told me that was not the case. I still disagree. Melo got booted because of his history with Rockets coaches.

baller4life315 likes this.
  19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed. There’s no way that wasn’t a factor.

Ramo$e and Dacamel like this.
  20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lol I’m sure if Melo was unselfish the Blazers would’ve beaten the lakers.