1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Don’t Care

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What an unimpressive, lousy group of coaches the Rockets have lined up to be the supposed next coach to take us to the promiseland. The guy from #%^* Minnesota....really? Silas....really? Unseld....really? What is wrong with the management of this team??? Do they not at all even want to pretend that they are competing with the Warriors and Lakers? You know something is very wrong when the best guy on the list is Kenny #%^* Atkinson!!!

ak99999 likes this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm positive people were thinking something similar when Spoelstra was given a shot.

"the kid from the video room... really?"

The thing with big names is we know exactly what they're going to give us. How do you know the Rockets aren't just about to uncover the next Pop?

I actually would prefer a 'no name' coach instead of a known name. Although I doubt Tilman 'look at me look at me look who I just brought in' Ferbitcha will go that route.

PS: I think your first problem is thinking this team is still a championship contender.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

A J Hinch faints

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol do you really think it matters who coaches? What kind of coach would want to come here when WB/harden run the floor and the GM tells them how to play

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

C’mon man. It’s the money.

Rockets offered D’Antoni a contract extension of $2.5 million with incentives of reaching the playoffs that would
    bring the money amount up to $5 million back in May 2019. Supposedly he had to remain with the team through season’s end as well. Meaning Rockets could axe him if they think the team was underachieving.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...e-with-mike-dantoni-latest-sign-team-turmoil/

And that was pre-pandemic

Fast forward to today....If the Rockets could offer $5-$6 million for a coach; D’Antoni would still be around..

Thunder would be the perfect job for D’Antoni; but that small market team probably can’t pay the money D’Antoni
    wants, thus, Mike is completely overlooking them. Instead striving for the Big Dog jobs such as Philly.

I would like to see what the Thunder and Rockets pay for a coach when the dust settles. I’m not expecting more
    than $3 - $4 million a year. Scratch off Ty Lue, Doc and probably JVG.

We still have a chance at these lower level names like Silas, John Lucas, Kelvin Sampson, Vanterpool, Matt Brase and Vipers current coach at about $3 M.

#5 ApacheWarrior, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Rudyc281 and amaru like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sampson might be the guy

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dollar General lineup of coaches!

I mean if the style of ball will remain, doesnt James and Russ pretty much run every single play anyway? Find a coach who can call timely breaks, can finesse the referees and will assimilate the easiest without trying to reinvent the wheel and push their "system".

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Were just looking for a puppet to play the way Morey wants us to play. Morey said coaching doesn't matter in the playoffs remember?

PeterKingX and Highlyrated like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank Christ the adults prevail, and the Rockets keep contending year after year.

Also amusing to see how successful “big ball” has been against the Lakers. :D DORKS...

burlesk, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah, that’s what he said! :eek::D

HP3 likes this.
  12. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

What names do you want them to go after? Most of the really "great coaches" are under contract with a team, retired or dead.

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. rockets13champs

This really shows ur lack of knowledge

also the rockets have legitimate 1 maybe if ur lucky 2 shots at a title. Before u have to really rebuild. So the rockets job has too much uncertainty. No coach wants a 1 year or 2 year job. Doc took a 5 year deal. They wanna be with a team that will compete for years. You have to look at the nba out of the last few years a first time HC has won it multiple times. Kerr, Lue, Nurse. These assistant HCS are some of the brightest young minds in the game. You don’t ignore them. That is what bad teams do.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

@Imanimal I can't wait until the season starts! Jeeezuz H Christ!
    Just be thankful that Silas isn't Paul Silas lol. It could always be worst. Because it has been before.

@Downtown Sniper

P.S. That's true Erik used to be the video coordinator for Miami. Never coached before the NBA or Lebron. Also Rockets fought harder than Miami at the moment, and were eliminated by the eventual champs, who's coach actually made playoff adjustments. Plus we were one man down, not that House would have made much of a difference but Lebron got more room to breath with House out for sure... We're not that far off of contending as you try to make it seem. The next couple of moves will determine if we get closer or further away from that goal.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

The heat are two men down btw, 2 of their top 3 guys not their 6th man like us.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Proud boy?

Rocket River

Ramo$e and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

Facts. What other GM'S in the league dictate what offense the team runs? Then when the offense gets exposed the coach gets blamed and ultimately fired lol

tycoonchip and TheRealist137 like this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yyyyoooooo!!!!

Rocket River likes this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sampson isn't going anywhere.
    He's in the driver's seat at UH. Now that we have the Pres, AD, and Tilman/boosters on the same page, we're on our way. Smack dab in the midst of the most fertile recruiting soil there is. This is a long time coming.
    Why would Tilman mess with this?

D-rock likes this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I knew someone was going to try and point this out, I know that. You get the point without semantics. Gordon & House often rotate out the starting line-up. Please understand Miami are in the Eastern Conference (just change the T, the EASY conference). We looked a lot better with House than they with with their two starters.....so theres that. Plus Olynyk is decent in his own right. Not as defensive as Adebayo but skillful like Scola with a occassional 3.

hakeem94 likes this.