1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is better right now James Harden or Lebron James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Oct 2, 2020.

?

Who is better?

1. James Harden

39 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Lebron James

119 vote(s)
    75.3%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

To be fair he missed 33% of the games last year. Would the rockets have made the playoffs if harden missed 1/3 of his games? The Lakers young core was hurt plus they weren't very good. That was the reason he was trying to trade them last season.

2. Air Langhi

This is kind of revisionist history. Before the series most people on here were calling the Lakers role players trash and thought we were going to beat them in 5-6 games.

bmelo likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

We arent talking about role players, we are talking about Westbrook and AD...you tell me who's better.

4. Air Langhi

Probably should have kept cp3, that is on harden.

bmelo, HardenVolumeOne and HP3 like this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Honestly I know like everyone else deep down inside CP3 was the better fit. I'm not going to debate that.

This is my only thing about that. I see our outcome being no different if we had him now. We should have beat the Warriors when KD went down. That's a big indictment on Harden/CP3 and really Dantoni. Following that we get Westbrook. Covid happens everything is in the Bubble. Russ gets Covid then gets hurt. Social Injustice continues and almost all the players don't want to continue the playoffs in the bubble except who... LEBRON JAMES.

With Kobe passing away, unmotivated teams and players really not all the way locked in, help from the league pushing this narrative about how freakin hard it is this year to win a championship... it was going to be Lebron's year to win on the Lakers regardless. That's the key part people are missing. The NBA is much more of scripted entertainment show then anything now.

People all ticked and upset at the Rockets calling Westbrook and Harden chokes... and Dantoni quits in the midst of being exposed as a gimmick coach. Guess what... none of these guys give a flying F because they even know it's red carpet from Lebron James this year and they will just collect their checks and prepare for the real season which is next year. Of course they won't say that publicly.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bron’s success just reiterates how important your surrounding talent is...he is in the conversation for GOAT, yet he is still not capable of winning a title unless he’s on 1 of the most talented teams in the league, but we expect titles from Harden with his scrub rosters

Harden had a real championship caliber squad 1 year. That resulted in 65 wins and taking the most stacked team of all time to 7.

clos4life, HP3 and treyk3 like this.
  7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Who is in the finals right now?

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Are you saying this year's Lakers are one of the most talented teams in the league? Because I don't believe that's true.

bmelo likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

they are certainly in the upper echelon, especially with AD

10. mastan

mastan Member

Lebron beat the all time winning GS team with a team that was less talented than GS. I think that GS team beat Harden's Rockets 4-1, Rockets only win by 1 point in a game Steph Curry didn't play. Rockets lost to GS without Curry too.

The season Rockets took GS to 7 games in WC final was because of clutchplay by CP3 in games 4 & 5.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t even know why I bother with stupid agenda driven posts like these

I clearly said he needs 1 of the most talented rosters in the league to win a chip. He beat GS 1 year when they didn’t have KD? Cool, his team was also 1 of the most talented. My point exactly. Then u bring up the 41 win Rockets. Man, stop wasting my time. Try again, or better yet, don’t.

#71 Reeko, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I disagree with LeBron sometimes and think he's a total b*tch for bouncing around from contender to contender and chasing fame, but I see him as a great team leader. His focus and IQ is off the charts... and the way he takes care of his body... the way he elevates his game in the playoffs... that's sheer determination and smarts (mixed with incredible genetics, steroids and lopsided officiating, mind you, but it's still impressive from my perspective).

That said, he's not had to carry anywhere near the load Harden has, and he does shrink at times; just look at his performance vs the Rockets in Game 1.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

MIAMI STOP CLOSING OUT TO THERE SHOOTERS

14. mastan

mastan Member

That was the reigning champion and all time regular season winning team. Lebron's team was not the most talented team, it can be seen what happened to those players without playing with Lebron. The same GS team without Curry in some games beat Rockets in that 4-1 playoff series.

You have no points. Harden is nowhere close to Lebron. Comparing Harden to Lebron is insult to one's common sense. He is a year after year choker in playoffs.

bmelo likes this.
  15. rocketseagles07

It’s funny to me that saying harden isn’t better than the best player in the world is a knock.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Vegas... I mean Lebron.

17. deshen

deshen Member

I don't think anyone out of clutchfans even put James Harden and LeBron James in the same discussion. I'd love to see what it looks like if anyone here will initiate this topic on any other NBA-related website.

What people would talk is whether Lebron James is better than MJ.

18. sungjina

sungjina Member

This. Look at the squad Lebron had before AD, he couldn't even get them into the playoffs and that team was better than the team Harden willed into the playoffs in 2013 consisting of Omer and Parsons in the starting lineup.

Harden averaged 30/8/6 on 48% shooting these playoffs, not to discredit LeBron, but it's an insult to say Harden choked or severely underperformed compared to him. Let's not forget how much Lebron is also riding on the coattails of AD, who has probably been the best player in the postseason.

clos4life likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To be fair, the Lakers were 20-14 (59%) before he went down with injury. Their second best player Ingram also missed a lot of games. The 2013 Rockets were 45-37 (55%). So if injuries didn't hit them, they might have been able to make the playoffs.

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

What even is this question lol

PeterKingX likes this.