1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Oct 2, 2020.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

First of all, I don't understand how you can come up with the logic that I am saying anything. I stated a quote directly from the NSC on the topic of your photo.

Here is a link and the specific quote from Axios via Politico

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavirus-pandemic-playbook-7da0cf5b-1d83-438f-8111-57f955675dbc.html

a NSC official told Politico.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She can't be serious. OMG, the lengths they will go to to put the blame on someone else when the moron in charge didn't wear masks. That is absolutely ridiculous. Take responsibility for your own incompetence you idiots of the GOP.

Hakeemtheking, Reeko, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I'm a big fan of Darwin. This whole pandemic has made me conflicted as I keep hoping the morons that don't wear masks and complain about it would get the disease and suffer for it. Problem is that it's not just them that get it; others that don't have it and follow protocols, still may get it because of these morons.

I would love it if we could take everyone that doesn't want to wear a mask and stick them in an isolated environment...let the virus burn out inside of them (if they die, they die) and allow everyone else to go on with their lives wearing masks and feeling more safe. Kind of the same feeling I have about illegal drug use as well...give the addicts their playground away from everyone else...provide health care, etc.

Problem is that the morons run the country right now and therefore we all are stuck in the isolated environment with them.

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

And @jiggyfly this isn't meant for you, but the ones that are trying to play the morality card...Would you feel sympathy for someone that knowingly grabbed a gun not knowing if a bullet is in the chamber, pointed it at their face, said that they wouldn't die, and pulled the trigger?

That's basically what Trump and his followers have done and are still doing when they don't wear a mask. Sometimes, when they point that gun, there are people standing behind them that could get hit when the bullet goes through the shooter.

Hakeemtheking, Rashmon, Reeko and 9 others like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not judging I don't have sympathy for them either I just don't care if they die or not.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I rather like the dignified 'chin strap' look.

[​IMG]

Or the sexy 'Nose Showing'. What a nasty tart!!!

[​IMG]

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whether you have sympathy or not as you note we can't just separate ourselves into two countries. One that takes it seriously and one that in your words points a loaded gun to their head. We still have to live with these people and while a lot of us like to indulge in schadenfreude that's not really getting us any closer to solving this.

RayRay10, jiggyfly and deb4rockets like this.
  9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

well maybe he'll take it seriously now

10. mazinger

mazinger Member

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One would hope he would but if this is a mild case and he makes a fast recovery he might double down on his previous rhetoric.

For that matter even if he's laid up for two weeks and gets very sick but still recovers I think he's gone too far in his rhetoric. I just don't see him with the election on the line coming out and saying that this country or his administration isn't doing a good job on COVID-19 and from here on out they will do better.

RayRay10 and amaru like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump had one thing on his schedule... pence stood in for him. Again, can't read anything into this...

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  13. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

When the president is the leader in false information about the virus, its really not a stretch to say anyone but trump would have been better at this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-misinformation.html

Of the flood of misinformation, conspiracy theories and falsehoods seeding the internet on the coronavirus, one common thread stands out: President Trump.

That is the conclusion of researchers at Cornell University who analyzed 38 million articles about the pandemic in English-language media around the world. Mentions of Mr. Trump made up nearly 38 percent of the overall “misinformation conversation,” making the president the largest driver of the “infodemic” — falsehoods involving the pandemic.

B-Bob, RayRay10, TheFreak and 5 others like this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, you forget who you're talking about. If his illness ends in anything other than death, he'll claim it as proof that it isn't that big a deal.

B-Bob, Nook, jiggyfly and 6 others like this.
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Worth the risk...

B-Bob, RayRay10, AWIN and 3 others like this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I blame South Park

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Would hit while wearing mask correctly.

Nook, jiggyfly, FrontRunner and 4 others like this.
  19. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I'm not typically the type to wish death on others but with him, I hope he dies and I don't feel ashamed about it. It would be great for our democracy too. None of the other goons in the GOP inspire the people that he's emboldened. They're all lame. His death would solve a lot. Overnight.

Master Baiter, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It really is a lot more simple... wear the mask.