1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. AB

AB Contributing Member

I have a different opinion.

From March 15, for about 90 days, I have watched every single press conference . Every day looked like its own day. Every day, there was a new strategy, a new medicine, a new path, a new direction. There was no cohesion, there was no plan.

All he has to do, was to let his talented team speak and bottom lined it with, "America, lets do it!!!", That is all.
    Instead, he made each one of us question each single sentence of each other.

He created a trust crisis, which acted like a booster for the Virus.

There was no cure until vaccine. we knew it. There was no getting away from this disease .. However, there was a 'flatten the curve'. The good doctor had his voice go coarse repeating over and over again, only to watch the President over ride and make some question it.

A federally coordinated plan and strategy could have made a difference. There was a pandemic handbook. It hasn't changed a lot!!

arkoe, heypartner, IBTL and 4 others like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

pool cleaners and bleach ain't that expensive anyway

Reeko, Xerobull, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude.

Thats cold blooded.

I'm starting to see another side of you, not judging just did not know you were a fan of Hammurabi.:D

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol.. come on man! You really are embarrassing yourself. You can't even have a civil discussion? To add to your Trump knew privately how deadly the virus was, is that why he closed the boarders and the Dems were calling him racist? As far as spreader events.. is that the same as allowing massive protests during a pandemic? I mean do you realize the logic you are using isn't making any sense?

And no, I am far from a Trump shill or a bootlicker lmao. I don't like either candidate and nowhere in any of my post could you ever find me saying I am a Trump supporter or a Biden supporter. You will also never find a post of me saying I wanted Trump in office or Hillary in office. My stance is both candidates sucked then and both candidates suck now. The fact that both of these parties are throwing poo at each other and dividing the country over race, protest, covid-19, etc. when they should be working together to fix this circus is the problem. You clearly could care less about the real problems with our country because all you can do is throw out crap like TRUMP SUCKS AND HIS FOLLOWERS ARE IDIOTS. Now how exactly is that mindset going to solve any of the REAL problems we have?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I awoke from a restful 6 hours of deep sleep, unusual for me, after the news became far too repetitive late last night, or rather early this morning. It had become entirely about this stunning turn of events, of course, but without anything to add to the initial story except a little speculation. This is as far as I got when I began reading the thread, @J.R., the bottom of page 5, when I said to hell with it and skipped to the end.

Your post was what I was thinking might be going on when I turned off the bedroom TV, closed my iPad, and turned out the light. That this could all be fake, a move by trump brought on by the diagnosis of Hope Hicks, a disastrous debate performance, and a convergence of very bad political news making a win damn near impossible for him, short of an outright coup. Not with tanks and the like, but rather bypassing the popular vote entirely in key states clearly lost by trump, but with GOP majorities in the state legislatures.

A frantic effort has been going on very recently to screw up the count by any means. To create massive delays counting the votes on top of the perfectly obvious and extreme measures of voter suppression by the GOP. Done in an effort to delay declaring the electors of a state for Biden due to a “spoiled count,” in my opinion. It was happening in Pennsylvania early last night with the sudden creation of a “special committee” by the GOP majority in their legislature, without the standard 24 hour prior notice to the Democratic opposition, to investigate “election integrity” while the voting was still in progress.

In Texas just yesterday, with Abbott’s sudden “proclamation” that there could only be one “box” in each county, all 254 of them, to drop off early voting ballots. Abbott making the completely false claim that it was due to the threat of “tampering with the vote.” This despite each box being under constant guard and supervision and the fact that these drop boxes have been in use for years without a hint of impropriety. Houston, a city of over 2000 square miles in size and over 4.5 million people, has a dozen of them across the city in good locations.

Austin, with over a million citizens now, has 4 boxes in convenient locations, all supervised and guarded. We had talked to the county earlier in the afternoon about where to drop off our own early voting ballots, were told the website that had their locations, and that it was secure and easy to drop off your ballot. We are easily old enough to qualify to do this under the absurd early voting restrictions Texas has, and this was hours before Abbott’s “proclamation” came out of the blue.

So yeah, your idea was on my mind. While I don’t wish Covid-19 on anyone, even a dangerous madman like trump, he is quite capable of creating a false crisis. I guess we’ll see as events play out.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

OK. Saying he handled it poorly, but having no opinion on whether it could have been handled better, seems kind of meaningless to me. If you really think he handled it poorly, that means there's something he did that he shouldn't have done, and if he didn't do it we would (most likely) have been better off.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

They have a right to be upset...

Biden campaign testing those who traveled to debate
    Some officials express anger over possibility of exposure from Trump team.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/biden-campaign-debate-coronavirus-testing-425112

9. davidio840

Sorry, I meant NSC. My phone autocorrected to NHC because I use that term often on weather blogs.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

American is unhealthy relative to many other modern nations. That has little to no impact on the number of Covid cases. In fact, the more people die of covid, the less likely they are to spread it. Do you know how many covid cases we have vs Taiwan?

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. CrazyJoeDavola

12. davidio840

Yes. In my personal opinion, I think when he shut down the borders, he should have had masks, sanitizers, basically all the PPE already being manufactured here using the Defense Production Act back in February. At least that is what I would have done knowing we already buy damn near everything from China and he had just shut that down (hell he has been fighting them with tariffs for 2+ years now as well).

I think that alone would have brought America together to fight this thing and it wouldn't have caused so much distress on the hospitality industry amongst others.

durvasa likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Seems not too long ago that we were being told its close to being solved...

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Thanks to the internet, we can see exactly what happens when the shoe is on the other foot. Exactly four years ago, one month before the election in 2016, here's what Trump had to say when Hillary fought an outbreak of pneumonia:

Hakeemtheking, Reeko, Surfguy and 4 others like this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

can you link or quote?

Klain described the Obama administration’s “pandemic playbook” as “a step-by-step process for ramping up a response, for ramping up testing, tracing, all the things that were needed.”

are you saying ramping up testing, tracing, etc were all "outdated" LOL

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

17. NewRoxFan

Contact tracing...

Reeko, Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whole ******* GOP is going down with Donald.

19. NewRoxFan

For those keeping track of any important votes the Senate may need to make (in person) over the next two weeks...

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  20. davidio840

Yes, 515 according to worldometer with 93,914 test conducted. The US has tested 108+ million people with 7.5 million cases. The US is at about 7% positivity rate and Taiwan about half a percent positivity rate. The US has roughly 328 million people and Taiwan was roughly 24 million people.

Taiwan handled it really well, there is no doubt about that basing it just off the percentages alone. However, comparing the US to Taiwan and how diverse one country is to the other is jut one of many things that comes into play in the spread/positive cases. The governing laws of each nation are vastly different. Here, states played a large role in responses to the virus. Some took it more serious than others and the numbers clearly show which states did that.