1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Oct 2, 2020.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Clearly you didn't read my post. I didn't say Trump handled this well lol. I actually said he has handled this poorly. My point still stands that it does not matter who is in office during an outbreak of a virus like this. Nobody in the Oval Office would have stopped this from doing some serious damage to our country. Period.

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I agree well said - realistic

3. davidio840

No, it really wouldn't. America is one of, if not the most, unhealthiest country on this planet. This virus has hit the older and unhealthy people the hardest. A lot of other countries aren't pumping their citizens full of sugars and **** from McDonalds like America does.

4. davidio840

I don't disagree with any of your statement. I said Trump has handled this poorly. What coulda, woulda, if, or but happened if someone else is in power is conjecture. It did not help China wasn't honest about the outbreak in the first place. Anyone in office would have handled it how they felt fit based off of the data at the time. Either side of the spectrum is in play. Nobody in their right mind could say it would be better or worse because nobody knows what would have happened.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it has done serious damage because Trump and his supporters didn't take it seriously

6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Trump has still done far worse than most would. U talk like people think if it were Hillary or Biden in charge, this virus would’ve came and went like it was nothing. They would at least have had a national plan. There would be no disregarding of science or playing favorites with states based off their political leaning. They would not be calling it a hoax. They would not have been holding super spreader events if they were in a re-election year. They would not have idiots like Jared Kushner in charge of anything that has to do with this virus. They would never retweet the ramblings of some semen doctor. They would not be hyping up hydroxychloroquine despite all the science claiming it was not working and could actually do harm. I could go on and on.

u are yet another one trying to play this “both sides“ BS like we shouldn’t attack Trump because no one else could’ve done much better...that’s the lie right wingers keep telling themselves...many could’ve done a lot better

Xenon, IBTL, deb4rockets and 7 others like this.
  8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Awwwwww....how sad:

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Attila the Hun gets a word in:

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was wondering if any of the attendees in Jersey kind of want their money back or to at least have the Trump campaign cover the cost of their COVID tests now.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think this is true. Other administrations would not have discarded pandemic preparedness plans. They would not install cronies in positions of public health. They would not stoke the flames of cultural division over something as innocuous as wearing masks. They would not know about the virus' severity for months while calling it a hoax in public.

There are clear administrative reasons why the US has suffered and it has everything to do with who is in office. It was always going to be bad, but it didn't have to be this bad.

B-Bob, Rashmon, davidio840 and 2 others like this.
  12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Not asymptomatic

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The protective bubble has a lot of people coming and going to and from it. It's more like swiss cheese.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. showa13

showa13 Member

So at first there was no virus, it’s a hoax right? Now it’s all of a sudden a deadly virus and the ones saying it was a hoax are now upset cause people are making light of the man saying it was a hoax catching it? Do I have it right?

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

18F4CA2E-C12E-4566-94E6-A346C29ED4F2.jpeg

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

What to do next? :D How about listening to medical advice you morons

deb4rockets and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He has faked medical reports before . . . . .

Rocket River

B-Bob, Master Baiter and RayRay10 like this.
  18. davidio840

Dude, first of all, I am not playing "both sides" I am just not brainwashed to one party or the other like some people on here. This entire section of the forum has some seriously demented people that are more concerned with what political party they support than the actual policies each party brings to the table.

Secondly, I am not sitting here saying Trump did well lol. I never said that and anyone would be a fool to think he handled this well. Nowhere did I say Trump doesn't deserve the attacks for mishandling the situation. People have different views of what coulda, shoulda happened. There are things that go into making decisions that nobody on this forum knows. Both political parties hide things from the public for reasons of creating panic, etc. That is a fact.

Your entire first paragraph is blabbering information about a virus that nobody knew anything about and China wasn't releasing information even though they made the damn virus. Just an FYI, if we shut down the entire economy for 6 months, people would be worse off now than they are. So many people don't understand that you can't just close down everything and expect the country to go on like normal.

19. davidio840

Totally agree with you on that for the most part. I just don't believe in saying someone could do better or worse when there is no way to prove otherwise.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What do you mean by "handled this poorly"? If you think he handled it poorly, doesn't it mean that we most likely would have been better off with someone else who wouldn't have handled it as poorly (i.e., simply follow the advice and guidelines laid out by experts)? Nothing is a certainty, of course.