1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need another guy that will contribute to the BLOCK PARTY!!!!

SIGN JONAH BOLDEN MOREY!!!

DeBeards and dfbreyes like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Get JUSTIN ANDERSON too!!!!

Chase down blocks, deflections, perimeter blocks, closeout blocks, kid can do it all. Thick but a high flyer.

Imagine PJ with a jet pack in his ass.

#142 D-rock, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

DeBeards and Tfor3 like this.
  5. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

I didn't know the Rockets had 'Michael Frazier' and 'Wlliam Howard' on the roster.

What's Morey doing with them if they dont even play?

Does this mean despite Bolden being available to be claimed via waivers, that Morey is done as far as roster changes in time for the playoffs?

Waive these two plus Tyson Chandler.

Sign Jonah Bolden.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

William Howard and Michael Frazier are both on 2 Way contracts so do not count toward the 15 active roster spots.

But I agree, SIgN BoLdeN MoREy!!!!

Harty, Clemons and Tyson are not playable.

Harty and Clemons can both be re-signed to Vipers once they clear waivers.

DeBeards and dfbreyes like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Have the Rockets signed Jonah Bolden, Justin Anderson or Tyler Johnson yet?!!?

Asking for a friend.

fattz and heypartner like this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bump.

This guy is an unrestricted FA right?

Classic athletic big with all around game that Harden could make look amazing.
    Opportunity is all he needs - long and gives great rim protection

fattz and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

The more long athletic playmaking 3-D players the merrier!

ApacheWarrior and fattz like this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

We have open roster spots, too.

ApacheWarrior, saleem and D-rock like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Better than Bruno, if he is fit and ready to play. 10 minutes a night, perhaps 15 at best.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Would have a chance at getting playing time with whoever is the coach coming in..
    Had no chance while D’Antoni was here.

Would’ve just gathered dust in storage.

fattz and saleem like this.
  13. saleem

I agree MDA wouldn’t have trusted him. Maybe the new HC will be more creative and flexible, if Morey understands that 3 and D won’t cut it.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Morey, brought in Faried, DeMarre Carroll and Caboclo for 3 & D. Each can leap for rim protection while providing
    3-pt shooting ability.

KAT can block some shots and shoot 3’s. Unfortunately at times KAT falls in love with his jump shots.....
    some fade-aways. In his defense he has done a better job in the last two seasons with his back to the rim.
    That’s a result of a poor showing vs us in the playoffs where he settled for jump shots.

Can you expand on “more” than 3 & D? Just curious. I’m not arguing or angling for a dispute. Just value your opinion.

15. saleem

We saw a welcome twist in the earlier part of the OKC series, when the Rockets put the ball on the floor and took it hard to the rim. Small ball wasn't enough though. and our shortcomings were exposed, when Russ went away from his mid-range game by settling for only 3 pointers when the paint was clogged up. Morey should realize that we need a 4/5 who can space the floor and score with more than just a P/R like Capela, without compromising on defense. It's a very tall order to make such roster changes with our limited assets.

PS: Yesterday, I saw on a Youtube video that the Rockets have only the 5.7 M MLE and the 3.6 M MLE at their disposal instead of the bigger MLE. Is this correct? I didn't know that. Finally, can Morey do an S/T with Austin after he picks up his player option?

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

On the P.S. I don’t doubt the numbers, but I would like to wait on the numbers tabulated as far as the Reg Season,
    Restart, and Playoffs. See if the league has to change anything. Worse case scenario imo has Houston at
    the current luxury tax apron/threshold.

Yes I believe Tucker/Jeff Green served in the role as 4/5 with the ability to shoot 3’s.

The loss of the energy and height of House disrupted our path to the finish line. IMO D’Antpni went with more
    small-ish rotations involving Westbrook-Rivers-Harden-Gordon-McLemore.....all 6’5” and under That’s 5 guys
    of our 8-9 man rotation. Too, too little. Even smaller than the so-called “Micro-Ball.” To expect so much
    of your lineup being 6’5” and under during the current NBA playoffs, is asking too much. The 6’8”
    LeBron, Markieff, Kuzma with AD looked like giants.

I posted in the Lakers series that since Westbrook is being dared to shoot the 3......I would rather have Westbrook
    setting some screens like Stockton would do back in the day. Instead of him just, quote-unquote,” running around. Get in bigger players ribs/arm pits. Open guys up for the 3’s or for positions near the rim. I guess the Lakers read this.....I started to notice Rondo doing this suggestion vs the Denver. Maybe they did
    it before, to be honest, I’m not a student of the Lakers team.

I don’t think Westbrook and his contract can be traded; but then again I felt CP3 couldn’t be traded. It will take
    a disgruntled star from another team demanding to be traded to make this happen. Also Harden allowing his friend
    to be traded. CP3 and Harden were done with each other. CP3 did nothing during the Warriors series until the final
    game (Game 6) while then blaming Harden for everything. Just reading between the lines.

IMO Westbrook needs to master the left corner 3 and pull up 3 from straight away to fit right in with the current Rockets system/players. Making lemonade out of our lemon.

#156 ApacheWarrior, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    saleem likes this.
  17. saleem

Agreed and thanks.

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t know if anyone answered the other part of your question saleem about SnT player being included
    in a package deal. I accidentally forgot to comment.

My understanding is the SnT player needs to be traded by himself. It’s referred to as a single or atomic transaction.
    I guess the thinking is to prevent another player voiding the deal because of say something like not passing
    a physical. It’s one thing for Austin Rivers not passing a physical and nixing the deal; but not someone like House
    not passing a physical and getting the deal voided.
    O
    But what do you think about Myles Leonard? Miami has arrived to the finals without a true center. Bam Adebayo
    is about 6’9” and not enough sand in his pants. Miami feels it can only play one of Olynyk and Leonard.....Leonard
    the soon to be free agent got kicked to the curb.

Would you be ok with Myers Leonard getting the MLE?

I proposed a trade of Gordon x Royce O’Neale/Ingles/Naing......it worked then but the numbers change at season’s end.
    Royce O’Neal contract jumps up from $1.62M to $8M. So we take off Naing and get roughly $19M of Ingles/O’Neale
    for roughly $20.6M for Gordon/House. I’m a big fan of House. I think he projects to 16 pts 7 rebs next season
    and ranks around 15th in the NBA. Hollinger ranked Will Barton around 13th. Probably 6’5” 200 pounds.
    C’mon man, some of these guys are SG’s posing as SF’s. You can take Ben McLemore off that list as well
    (ranked #40).

Barton averaged 15 pts and 6.3 rebs (reg season)..House was 12 points 6 rebs in the playoffs and ranked 14th among SF’s in the playoffs (by PER). So not far off my regular season projection for House.
    I don’t want to lose House; but it allows me to use Gordon to net me two SF’s. O’Neale possibly
    overpriced while House underpriced for his production next season. That’s a Morey high production
    to little pay ($3.7M) value player.....but it nets me 2 SF.
    O’Neale at 6’5” plays bigger than he is. Get an elite spot up shooter in Ingles. And I don’t think Jordan Clarkson
    is re-signing with Utah.

Would Myers Leonard suffice for you as a stretch-Center?

Roster
    Westbrook................Rivers/Clemons
    Harden......................Nwab/McLemore
    Ingles........................O’Neale
    Tucker.......................Covington
    Myers Leonard.........Jeff Green (re-sign)

#158 ApacheWarrior, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    saleem likes this.
  19. saleem

I've never found Myers to be consistent in any particular area, so I will pass up on him. I like Ingles and O'Neale. They will bring discipline and toughness to our team, and they're good defenders too with additional length. I forgot that an S/T without any additional picks can be done with a re-signed player. Morey should explore this with Austin. His trade value is roughly the same as Gordon's in my opinion.

20. saleem

Austin's player option is 2.3 M. I assume he can't be traded for more than that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.