1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I know but he's at least brought awareness to it...

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Tough talk, that's about it...but again it has brought awareness to the CCP and their treacherous tactics.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Trump's brain is not only mush from all the mini-strokes and having various pathologies, but the Fox News/Breitbart/Daily Wire feedback loop is doing him no favors.

It may please a few in-groupers who like cartoon frogs served up with their Nazism, but it's way more difficult than simple (stupid, but whatever) slogans like "build the wall" and "lock her up" and all the simpler garbage that he was able to cobble together the first time

You can structure racist appeals to white senior citizens, that's not at all hard to do! He's done it!

But when you're blathering on about "critical race theory", ballots lost in creeks, Michael Flynn and the Logan Act, the Mayor of Moscow and all sorts of Ben Shapiro-type nonsense pulled from Facebook comment feeds - you're just wasting everybody's time including your own. Very few people know or care what any of that is, and even fewer of the kind you need to actually compete.

I mean imagine if Joe Biden instead of talking about empathizing with people's lost lives and jobs due to COVID instead started blathering on about Chapo Trap-House podcast or Elizabeth Warren snake emojis or - it would be incomprehensible. But..that's effectively what Trump did. And, it was.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Trump family really disgusts me. They are a bunch of selfish spoon fed better than thou high and mighty as*holes.

Trump's family is evidently refusing to wear masks at the debate, despite them being required
    Jeva Lange
    September 29, 2020, 8:27 pm
    https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/trum...wear-012700203.html?__twitter_impression=true

According to the Cleveland Clinic, it's a requirement that all [debate] guests wear masks" and that "a Cleveland Clinic doctor with masks … walked up to a number of unmasked members of the audience on Trump's side of the room and asked them to put on masks. She told me they refused to take one and wear them."

"Everyone" on former Vice President Joe Biden's side of the room was reportedly following with the guidance.

546da6c338c1061d5b8b7309a9c5f43e.png

RayRay10, FranchiseBlade and Dubious like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There was no need for an in-person audience. Even with masks, it is an additional health risk that is totally unnecessary.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I did not watch all of the debate but did they seem to watch over the fact that Trump has been anti mask?

I know Trump was going on about opening the right way but he still will not talk about wearing a mask and his people where not wearing them last night.

It seems that was an easy thing to pounce on for Biden and a perfect illustration of his lying about Covid.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The world is disgusted. Plain and simple.

Presidential debate: How the world's media reacted

UK
    The Guardian described it as a "national humiliation".

"The rest of the world - and future historians - will presumably look at it and weep," the paper wrote, adding that Mr Biden was the only man who looked "remotely presidential" on the stage and saying that if Mr Trump was re-elected in November, "this dark, horrifying, unwatchable fever dream will surely be the first line of America's obituary."

France
    "Chaotic, childish, gruelling" - that's how French newspaper Libération described Tuesday's debate. Le Monde agreed, calling it a "terrible storm."

Germany
    Der Spiegel's analysis of the debate is headlined "A TV duel like a car accident".

Italy
    "Never had American politics sunk so low," La Repubblica's US correspondent wrote, describing the debate as "Chaotic, rowdy, and based on mutual contempt".

Il Corriere della Sera meanwhile said President Trump's refusal to condemn white supremacy was "a message for Black America".

India
    "The US embarrassed itself before the world for 100 minutes."

Russia
    Mr Biden's description of President Trump as "Putin's puppy" also generated comments on Russian social media. One Twitter user said: "Two old men are figuring out which of them is more worthy to become the president of the United States, but without Putin, you can't boost your rating."

China
    The state-run Global Times called it "the most chaotic presidential debate ever" and noted that Mr Trump had taken "aim at China by blaming [it] for the raging Covid-19 epidemic and US economic woes".

Editor-in-chief Hu Xijin wrote on Twitter that the debate reflected "division, anxiety of US society and the accelerating loss of advantages of the US political system".

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/first-presidential-debate.307499/page-40

How humiliating for Americans. We lost all respect, thanks to Trump the childish bully.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I didn't watch any of it. It would be like watching a ball game when you already know the final score. Really more like WWE where you know the bad guy is going to rant and rave and only to lose.

And it was as pointless as I predicted.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

They did he pulled one out of his inside coat pocket and made fun of joe for wearing one all the time and how big Joe’s mask is.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. tmoney1101

Ouch.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I missed that.

I saw them going back and forth about opening up and never talked about how Trump is not taking his own guidleines seriously, did he make Trump say mask wearing is important?

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Wrong!
    According to the Cleveland Clinic, it's a requirement that all [debate] guests wear masks"

They didn't have to attend if they were hell bent on taking the no mask stance! This is their political stance. Make no bones about that!! They just encourage their cult to do the same. Its a terrible example of doing the right thing to stop the spread by acting like they do.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think what I said is disagreeing with that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I apologize!! Sorry, I read that wrong. My mistake. I thought you said no need for masks. Read it too quickly.

durvasa and RayRay10 like this.
  15. tmoney1101

Trump just said he wears one when he needs one and talked about how they get tested all the time before making fun of Biden for wearing one in every photo he sees.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what about at his rallies?

Now that I think about it,I think I just missed it because I remember Trump saying something about people are not at risk at his rallies.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Mic cuts.

Can't wait to hear all the b****ing about that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am still of the belief that no more debates are needed nor warranted. There is no guarantee that trump will follow the rules of a town hall... he didn't follow the more lax rules of the first debate, and he will break the "strengthened rules". he knows he is behind, and his ego will drive him to pull any stunt, say anything to win.

I don't care if he and his supporters say "see, Biden is afraid" or "Biden can't stand up to trump". let them say whatever they want. Americans, and people worldwide saw what happened last night. Let *that* be the last thing they think of before going to vote. Biden can simply point people back to last night.

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump is such a loudmouth he will shout without a microphone...

TheFreak and RayRay10 like this.