1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stand back and stand by

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 29, 2020.

1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

trump to proud boys: "Stand down and stand by."

proud boys to trump: "Well sir we're ready."

Disgusting. He has no plan. Other than trying to suppress the vote. Encouraging his supporters to go to the voting booths to harass voters is not good for our democracy. We better all hope Biden wins and wins by a landslide so he will not have an excuse to get his way and hold up the election and take it to the supreme court.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now he's recruiting his own Army. Just waiting for a new Trump salute, like Hitler had. Hail Trump. The chosen one! This is a dark and disturbing sign of the dangers ahead.

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

sign up. im going to maybe start a thread.. there is no law that says I cant sign up to be a watcher of them.

this was supposed to be a debate and dude is whistling his boys this is outrageous

4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Nah, I'm not getting involved in that. I'll just vote.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Are there any explicitly white nationalist groups involved in these dust ups in Louisville, Portland, Kenosha, etc?

The Proud Boys live on the same street as ethno-nationalists, but not in the same house.

At any rate, even if it's true, politically speaking Trump will never concede the point. Him completely ignoring questions about White Nationalist actions and support are not a coincidence. He doesn't want to plant a seed or give them credence.

What is more directly alarming is his inability to tell vigilante groups to **** off.

Ziggy and RayRay10 like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

haha neither am I past wasting their time.

they want to voter intimidate and Im going to do my part to disrupt that albeit it as insignificant as my "vote" is ..
    ( yes i agree this sucks)

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

has a single repug condemned voter intimidation and violence on election day?
    like how hard is that to say. i mean I ask you person reading this do you condemn voter intimidation? is it hard for you to say yes?

like can you hear what im saying? like HELLO PEOPLE DO YOU REALIZE WE ARE AT THE PART WHERE VOTER INTIMIDATION ISNT IMMEDIATELY MET WILL ALL POLITICIANS LEFT AND RIGHT GOING NUTS AT THIS SUGGESTIO!??

STAND DOWN!??!! HOW IS REPUG PARTY STANDING DOWN ?!!

IS THIS TWILIGHT ZONE?!!!!?

Ziggy, FrontRunner, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  9. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

So far, the only one of the usual suspects responding is GT. I'm surprised.

I guess it really is that bad.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah this is a tough one...general is my buddy and well intended but that is a misguided christian viewpoint and the binary world of abortion means all in on trump and every part love or hate. i respect that..

for the rest of repug trolls the talking points will be delivered here shortly by rush limbaugh. its funny trump thinks biden wont say "law and order" ( when he does) and trump literally wont condemn or talk bad about these racist proud boy guys only to standby. i imagine rush might run with the misspoke. it win be interesting. rush might even run that they DO somehow need to be at the polls and they arent so bad/misunderstood. try to normalize poll intimidation.

of course this 3 million thing with hunter biden will be hot..like we all somehow are voting for hunter biden.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure how you draw a distinction between them and ethno-nationalists. They simply cover up their racism by saying it's western civilization that is superior to all other foreign cultures. Just because they don't mention race doesn't mean they aren't referring to it.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  12. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Lol, love you too bro. The reason I don’t fall for it because the left is trying to bait him into this. You may disagree with me on this, but I have been studying their tactics going back as far as I can remember. As far as poll intimidation, it did happen in Philadelphia when Obama ran, the two dudes and the one with the nightstick standing in the front doors are not there to welcome voters with hugs and kisses.

IBTL likes this.
  13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

If you want to spend your time claiming you know people's true intentions, good for you, but I find that to be a waste of time.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree that it's better not to assume what people's true intentions are.

But in practical terms, it's hard for me to see the difference. OK, they aren't running around in white hoods or openly using racial slurs. Short of that, looks about the same.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I have no doubt that there are some racially motivated people in the Proud Boys, but when I listen to an actual declared ethno-nationalist and some proud boys jerkoff I can hear a significant difference in how much race matters to them.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

What in the actual ****?! Trump has done and said a lot of crazy stuff the last 4 years but actively asking people to form an army and intimidate voters at the polls?!

There will be violence and deaths before this election is over.....we are seriously living in the 1960s again.

seemoreroyals, Ziggy and deb4rockets like this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Glad I don't have to see their posts. I put the trolls on ignore. Waste of my time listening to their broken record, repeated nonsense.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

To be fair, it's just the words he calls it on that link. I went on the site to check it out. The website is more about recruiting his followers to helping fundraise, knock on doors, help people vote, and make robocalls, hold rallies and such to spread his propaganda.

The little symbols he puts for each roll though is so Nazi like....ugh.

But, that doesn't mean he didn't out right make a call for guys like his so called Patriots Proud Boys to get out and intimidate people while trying to vote! He said it, and none of his clan can call that fake news! He would not call out white supremacists when asked, and that is not fake news. When you choose to cry out against violence, but pick which violent group you are against, you have chosen sides, whether you say it or not. Silence speaks wonders.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is just a puzzling defense of a hate group.

Sounds like you have some agreement with this group.

Their platform is obviously racist. Their leader openly calls himself an "Islamophobe" and their rhetoric is nearly identical to white nationalists.

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a great idea. I would happily be a Trump poll Watcher - Watcher.

RayRay10 and IBTL like this.