1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Well that too LOL

He'd rather have the legacy of a Euroleage legend than an NBA bum, and that's completely respectable.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

house takes a final step forward and becomes a 15-17 ppg kind of scorer.
    eric gordon bounces back from an awful season to a more mediocre season.
    westbrook play like february before the injury.
    westbrook gets traded for a terrible contract, but for a player who fits better and can hit shots
    we use our MLE on a veteran player who makes a big difference
    a disgruntled superstar suddenly becomes available and doesn't just want to team up in LA and decides harden is a good option

obviously gordon and westbrook (and even tucker) could decline more with age, no one could become available, etc., but those are the kinds of things that can happen that aren't even out of left field. if in 2016, you had said we would win 65 games in 2017-18, it would have seemed absurd, but we improved chemistry by losing dwight, eric gordon came on board, and cp3 suddenly became available and we traded some role players for him.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I mean...that’s a no on wb/cp3 retrade AND a no on Harden(and Tucker) for KAT and a pick!

And while it looks like Morey lost his mind, making other team’s sweetheart deals as he destroys his own team...I believe the insider when he says the price for harden is much, much higher.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Getting a guy like Anthony Edwards, with floor spreaders all around, including KAT at the 5... CP and Gordon as mentors.. I don't know, sounds pretty exciting to me. Shooting and strong defense at every position, assuming you can keep Tucker.

CP
    Edwards/Gordon
    Roco
    Tucker
    KAT

I just have no confidence in running it back with Harden and Russ with a new coach. This team doesn't win a chip, but it provides some hope of a future.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If this is the best you can do you wait.

as others have said KAT is on a tier that is hard to build around as your number one guy because of his lack of defense and passion.

Probably decent #2 guy, but bear in mind Lebron's #2 guy as AD, who is just as good offensively and one of the best in the league defensively.

In other words, what would be the end goal of this trade?

Admittedly i didn't watch a lot of Anthony Edwards last year... but he doesn't appear to be a great shooter... which in today's NBA isn't good. Maybe he can get better with practice though...

D-rock likes this.
  6. arubato

arubato Member

AD wants to leave NO, Harden wants to retire as a Rocket. Big difference.

D-rock, clos4life and amaru like this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Add more future first round picks or picks in general. Then you think about it.

don grahamleone and lloyde8 like this.
  8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

These types of threads make me wanna puke. Just a bunch sleazy speculation.. The pandemic ending would help reduce or eliminate such talk. I feel nauseated.

D-rock likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sorry to break it to you but trade rumors existed before the pandemic and will continue on after the pandemic. In all honesty outside of the actual game itself the NBA lives on trade rumors and speculations.

10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

More like there's panic because of the guaranteed salary yet there's less of a return. The pandemic ending would help greatly.

11. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Hah. For all the DL Harden haters on CF....

imagine how much you would hate KAT when we are picking number 14 every year again.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Our best bet is sticking with Harden/Russ and hope we can grab a good stretch 4 to play our 5, probably packaging Thicc :( and Gordon. Hope a guy like Lou Will can be brought back for cheap to be the new 6th man and find some athletic and long defenders on the cheap.

The only other situation i like is that rumor that Kawhi and Playoff Paul been trying to recruit Russ to join them in LA. I'll take a package of their solid guys to fill out our roster to back up Harden, but i still really grew to like Russ post December. It fell apart hard in the playoffs, but i'm not convinced he was 100% Maybe it was the lingering COVID symptoms that can last a while including shortness of breath and brain fog and fatigue. Maybe it was his lingering injury. Maybe it was something personal like depression without his family. Maybe he caved and cheated on his wife and hated himself for it. Maybe it was a combination of a lot of things. Who tf knows, but he was worse than he's ever been. After being in MVP form post December and dominating. Doubt he repeats those kind of performances. I also think he'll put in the work to improve in the areas he needs to now that he's had time with Harden to see he's really #2 and not 1B.

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I like this if we we can turn KAT to Embiid. KAT is younger and fits our 3-ball philosophy but Embiid is more of a 2-way leader to build around as CP3 hands him the keys. But that's all conjecture.

I also think we lose either Tucker/EG if we did pull off something this big.

lloyde8 likes this.
  14. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

yeah you didn’t even watch the rockets for all of this year, be quiet know-nothing

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Agreed.

I hope this is true. Would like to squeeze out a little more, but its time to move on.

Jontro, Asian Sensation and lloyde8 like this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So you're telling me, after deciding to re-trade for a guy that we let go for nothing... we're now going to re-trade for a guy we traded everything to give away?

*INSERT UNCONTROLLABLE HYSTERICAL LAUGH HERE*

Wow, you guys really are nuts to believe this garbage.

D-rock and banzai like this.
  17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Morey wouldn't fall for the sunk cost fallacy. Those picks are gone. He needs to make the best choice for today.

banzai likes this.
  18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Bro, I think you drank too much Soju. You got that Bill O’Brien mindset - trading away badass players for trash... cause all those people you just mentioned you’d rather have are franchise players that basically are the faces of the franchise. Harden is 31 not 35. He’s got prolly a 2 year window. His game is NOT built on athleticism so he’s got a lot left in the tank. He’s still the scoring champ and let the league in steals. Where’s KD at? Lebron is hanging out with Team USA in LA. Where’s Leonard with his own super team? James is literally all by himself with a bunch of scrubs and a hurt Westbrook. Who do you think is gonna come here and win us a championship? Let’s hear your thoughts?

D-rock and Xerobull like this.
  19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I bet he’s proving to get Capela back cause he’ll be plantar facitis-free by next season.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Good response.

D-rock likes this.