1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Are you hearing anything new about any trade talks with the Rockets? I know you posted something earlier

2. Asian Sensation

KAT and the #1 overall or a trade centered around Embiid is more than fair for Harden. Some of you guys seriously overrate Harden. The guy is 31 years old now, has always underperformed in the playoffs (in comparison to his regular seasons) and it’s not like we’re 1 player away from a championship even if we were there’s no realistic chance we get that 1 guy (LeBron, AD, KD etc)

There’s no reason to keep holding on. You can throw out terms like “generational talent” or “greatest offensive player ever” etc but he doesn’t play like that when it matters the most. We’re not winning a Championship in the next 2 or 3 years and the longer we hold on the more his value drops.

There’s already a lot of guys I’d rather have than Harden when you factor in the age difference. Guys like Doncic, Trae, Ja, Tatum, Jamal Murray, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell etc.

Some of ya’ll are stuck in this mindset that we’re going to be a lottery team or suck forever if your Lord and savior Jim Harden leaves. No. We’re going to suck forever after the next couple years if we keep hanging on with this false hope that he magically leads us to the promised land. The guy has peaked and his best isn’t close to good enough.

3. riko

riko Member

Is this guy legit? Honestly there seems to be a lot of smoke coming from this Harden to Philadelphia from different directions.

They can’t all be making things up out of thin air?

BallSoHarden and lloyde8 like this.
  4. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

what a perfect post. Like I've said before not much value in a guy who continuously proves he's a loser on the big stage

lloyde8 likes this.
  5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He says Houston is asking for more plus they would need to be certain if we could get Paul. So a team with Paul, KAT, Richardson and some picks. Plus we keep our roster except for Tucker.

intriguing but idk

6. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Would be more intriguing if Minny keep their first and we somehow get Simmons instead.

Simmons + shooting is it.

7. HardenVolumeOne

I heard that Morey wants to keep Harden and would probably consider quitting if Tilman forced his hand. Bottomline is Tilman loves Harden, but he loves money more, and he hates that China is blocking his teams games in China. Its gonna come out later after the finals if any nba source has the balls to admit it. But their are more 50% of the NBA teams right now that have not made 1 cent during this whole pandemic and play in the bubble. Lot of owners hemorrhaging cash. I dont know how true the CP3 to houston rockets deal is, but i do know that Harden is happy in houston

Dacamel likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Hang up the phone morey unless we getting back

Embiid
    #1 pick

And that’s just to start talking.

BallSoHarden and Dacamel like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Morey does this in order to say goodbye and goes to Philly after to meet up with James. That is the only way.

BallSoHarden and D-rock like this.
  10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Keep our roster except for Harden and Tucker? Lol. Is that a good thing? Harden and Tucker are the only guys on the roster I’d want to keep.

FLASH21 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

that makes no sense

1st, why tf would Philly trade both Embiid and Simmons to add Harden and Russell? Wth is that team gonna do?

BallSoHarden, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I love Harden, but KAT plus the number one overall pick is pretty damn good haul if you're going to blow it up. Has any superstar trade come with a bigger haul than a 27ppg 11rpg floor spreading center AND the number 1 pick?

T-Mac for Francis
    Shaq for Lamar
    Kyrie for the poo poo platter
    PG for lots of picks

If the narrative bout Morey getting pulled in is true, I bet he either hangs on to Tucker or gets additional FRPs too.

Bo6, MghtyPtrck and OmegaSupreme like this.
  14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, some people would like to really sell low on James. This trade is sooooo bad that I'm confident it will not happen. You guys still under rate what he does for our team. Lebron is 35 and the Lakers would not do that trade, imagine doing it for a player like James that's still on his prime for multiple years. I bet you guys would have traded Dream after the 92-93 season.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Other teams want Harden, but Morey isn't willing to budge. If Russ gets traded, things might change imo, but with additional compensation for Houston.

I don't want to trade Harden at any cost. We need better players around him. Go Harden! Go Houston Rockets!

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What's the point of having a big man with six years of miles on his knees to get a lower lottery pick? Without a doubt Morley would flip KAT for more picks.

Still, this deal is sour as structured in the Hawks thread. Harden is insanely good, best 1 on 1 player ever, in my opinion after watching the NBA since the early 80's (and watching lots of highlights of earlier decades).

Deckard, clos4life and Jayzers_100 like this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea I don’t like this one bit. I hope it’s BS

Deckard, Deuce and clos4life like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

NGL, if Rockets play the Hawks, I'd lurk that forum few days ahead, to see who on their team is playing well or not playing well. Not a surprise, but they worship Trae over there.

What's being proposed is poop, the return for HOU is terrible. If DM is actually listening, he's probably just baiting into the conversation, to see which team is offering who.

#38 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    D-rock and clos4life like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

That **** ain't real but...

[​IMG]

LOL PussyKat
    The guy Miami gave up to get Jimmy Butler
    #1 pick in a draft that sucks/no consensus #1

"This is a great deal!" - GTFOH

20. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

We would definitely need more for Harden but it’d be interesting if we could get Paul, KAT, And Richardson from these trades and then Myles Turner in a separate trade. Get a couple shooting bigs and CP back to mentor them a bit like he did with OKC this year.

BallSoHarden likes this.