1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More harden post ups

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by realonemo, Sep 27, 2020.

1. realonemo

realonemo Member

Two former players have said that James needs to play from the post more and I feel like as he gets older he needs to transition to this. It would eliminate doubles at half court and allow him to pass from the post. Also I have noticed that he has bulked up over the hiatus. I believe he did it to be able to handle the wear and tear of defending larger players in our switching scheme. So why not take advantage of that added muscle and bully players in the mid post area.
    https://spacecityscoop.com/2020/09/27/darius-miles-advice-houston-rockets-james-harden/

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

No no no, the current ball is the most advanced ball.

Lawlruschang and Jontro like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

I’ve been saying this forever. He will kill every point and shooting guard and small forward in the league guarding him in the post with his strength and he will easily be quick enough to get his shot off on any big.

#3 riko, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    hakeem94, Lawlruschang and realonemo like this.
  4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

No chance of this happening... I don't think Harden would commit to this... You can't make Sportscenter or sell sneakers posting up!

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't get this vibe from Harden that much. He seems like a dude that does whatever. They asked him to play point guard, he said ok. They asked him to carry the load, he said ok and let the league in scoring. They asked him to pass the ball, he led the league in assists. They asked him to play better defense and he has (and almost led the league in steals/game). The league took away several things and he adjusted -- from driving to the hoop to revolutionizing the step-back 3 to incorporating a floater to being a lob master to making people question the rules. About the only thing I don't see him doing is coming out of a game or not playing one.

hakeem94, Lawlruschang, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

We dont even need post ups, bruh we just need an actual second option on the team. Westbrook playing like a top 10 player>>>>>>Harden post ups.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

moar threes plees.

8. realonemo

realonemo Member

Its harder to double from the post because your field of vision is better.

hakeem94 and Lawlruschang like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

No its not, its a lot harder to pass out of the post. Your field of vision is better when you are penetrating as a perimeter player. If passing out of the post was easy, posting up would not be dying in the NBA right now. And yea ive seen coach nick's video and no there isnt alot of evidence that Harden would be some passing savant out of the post.

hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I once played in a rec league with buddies and my experience there taught me many things about basketball.

Clearly what we need is for Harden to incorporate free throw line sky hooks. The defense will not be prepared. And it will open up many things.

hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  11. alethios

alethios Member

Centers like Hakeem, Yao and to a lesser extent, DMo could pass out of the post with great success. Wish we had one of those again....

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

Do what the Lakers did, aquire pros and championship experience, and replace the d leaguers like House, Green, Tucker, Rivers. They play like small fish in a big pond and it shows. And... keep Gordon.

13. realonemo

realonemo Member

It’s a different look and he looked pretty good in the postseason posting up (small sample size). You can pass from the post and even draw fouls so I don’t get why it’s so frowned upon.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. realonemo

realonemo Member

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

HP3 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member