1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That was a lot of typing after pointing out he wasn’t gonna end up here.....like the Otto Porter movement

2. realonemo

realonemo Member

How do yall feel about PJ Tucker for Richuan Holmes and Bjelica

JamalP. and fattz like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

How would Kings feel about that trade is better question.

18pbr and Zoplicone like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Do yall think there is any way we can snatch PJ Dozier? Or is that a pipe dream...it prolly is lol.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

They don’t really need him since they’re so deep when fully healthy but he’s locked up for so cheap next two years would make no sense to trade him, especially to help us.

HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea also if Grant is leaving(which he will) then it makes even less sense to trade him.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Why do you think Grant is leaving?

8. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

I just want new guys to come in, and a coach who is never afraid to play rookies or undrafted guys(look at miami). I remember rick adelman playing mike harris and mchale for playing some guys who are so-so but atleast he tried. This team needs a young coach who has a new style of gameplan, not the traditional ones

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Because he has a player option right now and his stock has never been higher, teams will be willing to offer him big money in the FA market.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Dash

Dash Member

This probably has been said already but the only team that I can see realistically wanting to trade for Westbrook would be the Cavs. If we are able get back Kevin love/Dante Exum and maybe a draft pick, I would be crying tears of joy. Harden/Love pick and roll/pop game would be so lethal, Harden has never played with a big man that can shoot and space the floor other than ryan anderson. Harden would take Love's game to another level

11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

What do y’all think about bringing the gang all back including Hartenstein?

I’ve been looking around at Gordon trades for a while and cannot find one that is good for both sides. Sure they could trade Gordon and House for Horford (most realistic big name trade I can find) but I feel like the Rockets will want draft capital back with Horford due to his contract. Idk if Philly would be willing to include draft capital but I can’t find another team who would take Horford off of their hands so the Rockets might have the leverage. I think that the same would go for a Love trade. If I am the Rockets then I try to milk the Cavs and 76ers for as much draft capital as possible in those trades. If they don’t offer draft compensation then the Rockets should simply wait until they are willing to include it. Don’t rush anything and wait for the best deal.

I also think JVG is definitely getting the job. They are probably just waiting for the playoffs to be over before they announce the hiring. JVG will want a big even if it’s just for 10-20 minutes per night.

Hartenstien is young and I believe he still has upside. He also already has a relationship with the players in the locker room. He’s a known commodity and I think he is a better fit than anyone who is available in UFA this offseason.

WB/Rivers
    Harden/Gordon/McLemore
    House/Nwaba/G. Green
    RoCo/J. Green
    PJ/Hartenstien/Bruno

That’s 13 players including Gerald (I cant help but want him back on the team). 14 if you can convince Carroll that he would get PT but I’m 99% sure he’s gone next season. House, Hartenstien, Nwaba and Bruno are still young enough that they could turn into trade assets.

Idk what’s going on with House. It’s strange that we still don’t have any reporting on the situation. I don’t care what exactly happened. I just care about if his teammates can forgive him or not. How has no reporter ask WB, Harden, PJ or any other player what their thoughts are? I know it’s a touchy subject but there has to be a way to frame the question that doesn’t bring up details.

TLDR: The Rockets can still have a very competitive roster next season without a Gordon trade. There isn’t much available and a trade would be difficult to agree on right now. Bringing the team from last season back is the path of least resistance and is not a bad option. The Rockets can bring back Hartenstien and delay a trade to wait for the Cavs or 76ers to include a frp.

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

In the idea of blowing it up, not that I'm a proponent of it (I'd love for the Rockets to win a ring with Harden but might be too late), if MDA moves to Philly and tries to recreate the rockets offense;

Rockets In:
    Dennis Smith Jr, Julius Randle, 8th pick
    Rockets Out:
    Russ

Rockets In:
    Embiid, Thybulle, Milton, a 1st and a 1st swap
    Rockets Out:
    Harden

Rockets In:
    Christian Wood on S&T
    Rockets Out:
    EG, 1st

Come out with a decent young team of:
    DSJ
    Thybulle
    RoCo
    Randle
    Embiid
    With the #8 pick, Wood, Nwaba, Milton off the bench.
    I'm pretty high on DSJ I think he can be a great PG with the right coach.

Philly can run the 2019-2020 Rockets offense with:
    Simmons (Russ)
    Harden
    Richardson (EG/House)
    Harris (RoCo)
    Horford (Tuck)

Knicks get their star in Russ, EG goes to Detroit to be a 3rd/4th scorer for them and Detroit gets a pick for Wood who could easily walk.

Very young team with high upside, great defensive wings in Thybulle and RoCo. Embiid in Houston with his inspiration breathing down his neck would also be nice to watch. And maybe Harden wins a ring in Philly too.

18pbr and Dankstronaut like this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m almost positive they’ll be bringing him back. I think they open their pockets to him and go forward with Murray Jokic MPJ and Grant.

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

I like any idea to trade Westbrook for future picks.
    8th pick is good.

2019 problem
    Paul 125 million bad contract
    2020 problem
    WB 125 million bad contract

You just can’t run the same problem twice.

#1594 BigBum, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  15. BigBum

BigBum Member

The best trade ideas I read is

WB for Wood, Derrick Rose and two Pistons future Firsts
    And
    WB for Herro, Robinson and any salary release from Heat

Lol
    Lol

18pbr and D-rock like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

He' expecting 14-16 million on the market, I think there are dumb teams out there who will offer more than that. Denver will not be the highest bidder. And he has already declared himself a FA. The evidence is stronger here that they wont bring him back. Especially when they have Dozier and Porter Jr to take up his minutes.

raining threes likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure why Miami does this trade considering they are an extremely talented and deep team with great balance of youth and vets.

But if Spo wants Westbrook, then Morey should not hesitate.

Would rather have Crowder, Leonard or DJ over Olynyk but not rocking the boat picking that nit.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/09/2...and-russell-westbrook-in-a-blockbuster-trade/

Harden/EGo/McLemore
    Herro/Iguodala/House
    DRobinson/Nwaba
    Covington/Tucker
    Olynyk/Green/Bruno

Would also trade Iggy/EGo/House/McLemore and Heat FRP to Magic for AG/Bamba.

Sign Aron Baynes and Langston Galloway (or Tyler Johnson) with MLE. Green and Bruno to vet min.

Harden/Galloway
    Herro/Nwaba
    Covington/Robinson
    AG/Tucker/Bruno
    Baynes/Bamba/Green

Trade or dump 5'8 Clemons and 6'4 Frazier. Sign 7'0 Dragan Bender and 6'6 Justin Anderson to 2 way deals.

And off tangent but needs to be said - Spo (Nurse close second) has to be the best coach in NBA, hands down.

#1597 D-rock, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    18pbr likes this.
  18. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Trade WB and Gordon for Oladipo and Turner and then trade Harden for Simmons etc

18pbr likes this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

nah, just Eric + 2 second rounders for Myles.

I'm speaking this into existence. I started this movement a few days ago. Now he demands a trade. It's working.

Russ/Rivers
    Harden/B-Mac
    House / Nwaba
    RoCo/PJ
    Turner/ Green / Bruno

10 playable guys, one future guy, add some youngsters.

That's a championship team.

Dankstronaut and D-rock like this.
  20. lionaire

lionaire Member

The money works with just Russ. Hard to believe Indy biting on that though.

D-rock likes this.