1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Finals] (1)LA Lakers vs. (3)Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 15, 2020.

?

(1)LA Lakers vs. (3)Denver

Poll closed Sep 18, 2020.
  1. Lakers in 4

1.7%
  2. Lakers in 5

18.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

31.7%
  4. Lakers in 7

8.3%
  5. Nuggets in 7

30.0%
  6. Nuggets in 6

8.3%
  7. Nuggets in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nuggets in 4

1.7%
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Curry may have been most important due to offensive spacing for KD to operate... But KD was clearly the best player on that team... At least from my eyes...

Ramo$e and MettaWorldPete like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The biggest part of LeBron's greatness is demanding teammates
    and forcing the teams to comply
    and he did that before he won ANYTHING

If Harden did that . . . Rockets fans would be ******** bricks.

Rocket River

Caesar and MettaWorldPete like this.
  3. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Have you ever witness the leadership of JH? let's be honest here. bcz leadership is not about one single person, but the whole team. I will use a quote:
    You don't want to be a frontrunner, when you're only upbeat when it's going well for you and your team. You have to have the same resolve, even more resolve, to pick others up and pick yourself up when it's not going well, when the ball's not going in, when you're not getting the shots you want. Anyone can be upbeat when it's going well for you. Whose got the spirit when it's going bad for you? - JVG

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

If you are the one who is the most important to winning ball games and teams work hard to limit that individual first then I would say that is the best player.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I saw greatness but I also saw decline in LBJ... Those Lebron .willing his team by sheer dominance, days are over! It's tougher on him ( obviously in yr 17) to get to rim... Luckily he gets bailed out even more now by the refs, than when he was younger... Love what he represents but the "cliff" years are approaching fast...

6. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Why i made the compare, because we just saw that LBJ made those incredible shots when the team and the game needed him, and he made those shots not only with talent, but also with Resolution, responsibility, dedication. and this brought my mind to JH, because we are a Rockets fan.

How many times did this happen to JH as well? and Yeah, you have lost your every faith on him, year by year.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lakers fans are getting real insufferable...I’m about ready to block all these mofo’s numbers for a good 2 months

I can’t talk sports with them any longer

RustyHarden, HP3 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I feel you but I disagree... You literally can't do anything with KD... You can (albeit unlikely) bother Steph into a bad night or 2..

HP3 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  9. MettaWorldPete

I don't consider myself a good judge of his leadership as a casual fan and outsider. As far as that exact quote, I can say I've definitely seen Harden fight when the chips are down, and Lebron get pouty. I've also seen the opposite-probably more often, to be fair. But Lebron essentially took last year off and got rid of his teammates because he didn't think they were up to his standards. Is that leadership? In a sense, absolutely. In another sense, it's the opposite.

I think I feel you on your broader point though. The jury is still out on Harden's ability to be a good leader and deliver in the clutch. My biggest sports disappointment at a game I've attended was his first home game as a Rocket and everything was set up for a storybook ending where he won at the buzzer, everybody was on their feet, and he turned it over. It's just hard for me to compare him to players that have had legit second and third stars playing with them to take physical and mental pressure off.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I won't. This Denver team is better than the Rockets as currently constructed.

Lakers BARELY did Denver in 5, they could have easily been tied 2-2 going into this game or even down. Lakers just had luckier bounces and calls go their way.

Lakers HANDLED the rockets after game 1, it wasn't even a contest.

blahblehblah and javal_lon like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

nah, we were up by 2 heading into the 4th in game 2...we were tied heading into the 4th in game 3...if we’re gonna play the could’ve game, then the Rockets could’ve been up 2-0

the Lakers HANDLING us after game 1 isn’t close to being true...they handled us in games 4 and 5

hakeem94, Rocket River and HP3 like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hate sports. the Lebron dick-riding might be warranted, but it's triggering for me.

Rocket River and HP3 like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If I wasn't such a Rockets fan, I would be a fan of Lebron James. I admire his mindset. I'm a jealous hater though.

JumpMan and Ramo$e like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

I watch this when I get pissed about basketball

But then I get sad again.

DreamShook likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, game 2 was close, but it was clear once they figured us out we were beaten.

Give Denver some credit, all of these games were close games decided in the 4th quarter, Denver played them closer than we ever did.

Yes, people are going to show them a lot of love. They have an excellent coach, excellent depth, and oh yeah, their best players are 23 and 25. There's a good reason why they will not be making major changes to their team and we will.

Lakers outclassed the Rockets for most of that series. Lakers simply got past the Nuggets but 4 of these 5 games were decided in the 4th quarter. Once the Lakers figured us out, it was just a matter of time.

My point is, no one watching the Rocket series goes "Man, we almost had them!" like they did that GSW series. The Nuggets were right there, a shot here, a bounce there, this is a 7 game series...and Murray not getting hurt.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yeah, this didn't cheer me up at all, lol.

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

I miss Chris Paul lol.

18. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

He is who we thought he was
    If u want to crown him
    Crown him
    Kang

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Lebron didn't get to the finals, the world would have invalidated this years champion.. smh. annoying.

Rocket River likes this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You mean like forcing CP out because he wanted more movement, or asking for RW? Our fan base is one of the most deluded in all of basketball